• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,356 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, wolvergeek said:

This is the newer forum. The old one changed years ago.

The old one changed, what, 2017, 2018? 

Something like that. Adamantium will help you out 

Hello all! It has been a minute. We've been doing home improvement & gardening projects on weekends, so I haven't been able to play Funko Pop hunter...until now!

Its been a pretty good weekend, all things considered. I picked up Odin, the Venomized Fantasic Four (Mr. Fantastic, Thing, Invisible Girl (Chase), & Human Torch), 30th Anniversary Deadpool 7-Eleven Exclusive, the full set of Spider-Man: Miles Morales Pop's, and completed my wife's Lilo & Stitch Disney Pop set.

I've got my eyes set on that Ripley w/ Power Loader, and I'm hoping the Ghostbusters: Afterlife Pop series results in a Pop of the psychotically-cute mini-Puft's, and possibly a Gozer.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:23 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Nice

Anyone have a Pulse Unicron for sale?

This might be the cheapest you are going to find.  Shipping is $4 and it from a reputable source. 

I saw someone offer one for $2000 before shipping.  BBTS wants $1400 for one.  Considering that shipping might run $100-$150 from what I hear at minimum... this may not be that bad a deal. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/97919

2 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Hey @F For Fake I hear you're diggin Transformers lately. I just packed away my MP collection. Not sure what to do with it :)

IMG_2217.jpg

Awesome! Man, I’m scared to start down the Masterpiece road, because that could get expensive really fast! Some really beautiful figures.

Just now, F For Fake said:

Awesome! Man, I’m scared to start down the Masterpiece road, because that could get expensive really fast! Some really beautiful figures.

I'm trying to reel my focus back to just comics and hardcovers. I love the action figures, but I have to draw the line. My MPs are some of the last toys/action figures that I haven't quite been able to part with. They're a childhood dream come true. 12 year old me in 1986 always wanted Transformers that actually looked like they did in the cartoons and were fully posable.

Just now, Dave2739 said:

I'm trying to reel my focus back to just comics and hardcovers. I love the action figures, but I have to draw the line. My MPs are some of the last toys/action figures that I haven't quite been able to part with. They're a childhood dream come true. 12 year old me in 1986 always wanted Transformers that actually looked like they did in the cartoons and were fully posable.

Yes, exactly! That’s me 100%. I loved the cartoon and comics, and I desperately wanted toys that looked like the characters! That’s what has sucked me into the Siege and Studio 86 figures, they look just like (or close enough) the characters I loved so much. I don’t even care about transforming them at all, I just want the cool looking robots. I’m enjoying the non-transforming RED line so far, I hope it continues for a while. But if not, the Siege and Studio stuff is keeping me plenty broke!

I feel you on the streamlining as well. I had mostly stopped with new toys except for the occasional Marvel Legends X-Men figure, and now the Transformers stuff. Hardcovers continue to be a big expense as well. Those are my focus. And I am running out of room!

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, exactly! That’s me 100%. I loved the cartoon and comics, and I desperately wanted toys that looked like the characters! That’s what has sucked me into the Siege and Studio 86 figures, they look just like (or close enough) the characters I loved so much. I don’t even care about transforming them at all, I just want the cool looking robots. I’m enjoying the non-transforming RED line so far, I hope it continues for a while. But if not, the Siege and Studio stuff is keeping me plenty broke!

I feel you on the streamlining as well. I had mostly stopped with new toys except for the occasional Marvel Legends X-Men figure, and now the Transformers stuff. Hardcovers continue to be a big expense as well. Those are my focus. And I am running out of room!

it's like I wrote that myself! We're very much on the same page brother.

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:

I made the same decision about 18 years ago.  Went with comics, sold most of my toys, and stopped buying any toys at all. 

I really regret having done that.  Though I've amassed quite a sizeable collection, I really wish I'd done the opposite (stopped comics, kept with toys). 

But I totally understand why you've made the decision.  One hobby is expensive, two is nutz.

Patrick

On 5/12/2021 at 4:18 PM, Amazeron said:

Congrats on the invisible girl, I’ve been collecting Pops for 3 years now and haven’t gotten a single darn chase.

Chase Funko Pop’s are extremely difficult to find in the wild. My friends in retail all know the deal with Pop’s, either as collectors or resellers, and most places have a fairly liberal “hey, can I put this aside and purchase it for myself at the end of shift” policy. That’s how most Chase pop’s find their owners, fair or not. Store exclusives are not created equal either. A GameStop “exclusive” is basically a common with a GS sticker, while FYE & Target exclusives can get serious Pop collectors standing by the door at opening to run in and (unfortunately) buy out the entire inventory for resale on FeeBay.

Oh, and those GITD/Blacklight Target Pop’s? Forget it; the staff have those on lockdown, mostly for later resale. Unless Funko puts a hard street date on putting them the way video game publishers do for games, or Target prohibits employee sales, those are going to be unicorn-level rare to find on the shelf. 

Hot Topic can go either way, and with little rhyme or reason. Online specialty vendors, such as ThinkGeek (RIP), LunchBox, or Pop-In-A-Box are also special; only once have I ordered via an online specialty vendor & gotten a Chase & it was a lazy one (Ant-Man & Wasp Chase/Maskless Wasp…yay…). Nobody I know personally, or have seen in the forums, has gotten a PIAB exclusive Chase anywhere but resale/FeeBay. I can’t prove those Chase are being sold at a premium directly by PIAB via a cutout…I just know it’s true. 

Good luck & keep hunting! Garage sales, comic shops, and flea markets; wherever you can. Have fun!

24 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

Chase Funko Pop’s are extremely difficult to find in the wild. My friends in retail all know the deal with Pop’s, either as collectors or resellers, and most places have a fairly liberal “hey, can I put this aside and purchase it for myself at the end of shift” policy. That’s how most Chase pop’s find their owners, fair or not. Store exclusives are not created equal either. A GameStop “exclusive” is basically a common with a GS sticker, while FYE & Target exclusives can get serious Pop collectors standing by the door at opening to run in and (unfortunately) buy out the entire inventory for resale on FeeBay.

Oh, and those GITD/Blacklight Target Pop’s? Forget it; the staff have those on lockdown, mostly for later resale. Unless Funko puts a hard street date on putting them the way video game publishers do for games, or Target prohibits employee sales, those are going to be unicorn-level rare to find on the shelf. 

Hot Topic can go either way, and with little rhyme or reason. Online specialty vendors, such as ThinkGeek (RIP), LunchBox, or Pop-In-A-Box are also special; only once have I ordered via an online specialty vendor & gotten a Chase & it was a lazy one (Ant-Man & Wasp Chase/Maskless Wasp…yay…). Nobody I know personally, or have seen in the forums, has gotten a PIAB exclusive Chase anywhere but resale/FeeBay. I can’t prove those Chase are being sold at a premium directly by PIAB via a cutout…I just know it’s true. 

Good luck & keep hunting! Garage sales, comic shops, and flea markets; wherever you can. Have fun!

Unfortunately, that practice has been going on since the 90s w/ toys.  Star Wars and especially the Treasure Hunts.  

They try to put policies in place, but it rarely works. 

Patrick

3 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Last addition to my 1/55 Takatoku and Bandai early 80’s Macross collection.  Took two years but I found the “right one”.

E5B8FD29-C84B-4722-A9FA-3A26B22D6ABD.jpeg

5EFE2EBD-2C18-43F5-8E65-CF489F59D6D7.jpeg

959541A0-F001-4497-9116-3A6D9FB75A49.jpeg

That is, if I may be so bold, totally rad!

Yay, junk season is upon us! There were more yard sales today than there have been in a looooong time. Definitely since before Covid hit. Seems like the combo of relaxed pandemic restrictions and a gorgeous spring morning were the key. Tons of sales going on today.

Still, with all of the sales, I only saw one that caught my eye. Got there in time to snag all of the Transformers. $20 each on the big totes and $10 on the small. Gotta love it. To be fair, it looks like the majority of the stuff is well played with, missing parts, and some are broken. Also, the small tote seems to mostly be Rescue Bots type stuff. Still, for $50 all in, I can’t see myself losing money, and more importantly it will be a lot of fun to dig through. If I find anything cool I’ll report back, but I’m not expecting much. Still satisfied!

Happy hunting!

4802FCC3-697C-4910-A517-854352778D25.jpeg

75396B39-6AD3-4C52-9365-567820ADDF55.jpeg

C6395F13-C53B-4EAB-9BD8-655FF6DF15A7.jpeg

D7D1E888-CC12-4F8F-99F4-F2421F430815.jpeg

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yay, junk season is upon us! There were more yard sales today than there have been in a looooong time. Definitely since before Covid hit. Seems like the combo of relaxed pandemic restrictions and a gorgeous spring morning were the key. Tons of sales going on today.

Still, with all of the sales, I only saw one that caught my eye. Got there in time to snag all of the Transformers. $20 each on the big totes and $10 on the small. Gotta love it. To be fair, it looks like the majority of the stuff is well played with, missing parts, and some are broken. Also, the small tote seems to mostly be Rescue Bots type stuff. Still, for $50 all in, I can’t see myself losing money, and more importantly it will be a lot of fun to dig through. If I find anything cool I’ll report back, but I’m not expecting much. Still satisfied!

Happy hunting!

4802FCC3-697C-4910-A517-854352778D25.jpeg

75396B39-6AD3-4C52-9365-567820ADDF55.jpeg

C6395F13-C53B-4EAB-9BD8-655FF6DF15A7.jpeg

D7D1E888-CC12-4F8F-99F4-F2421F430815.jpeg

are those pics of the totes that you bought? or ...

that's a lot of figures! :sumo: I'm not too up on the selling of those, but the owners cost compared to letting big totes go for $20 :whatthe: that just melted my brain lol 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

are those pics of the totes that you bought? or ...

that's a lot of figures! :sumo: I'm not too up on the selling of those, but the owners cost compared to letting big totes go for $20 :whatthe: that just melted my brain lol 

Yup, that’s everything I got today for $50. Like I said, there’s a lot of junk, but even junk will sell, and with this volume, it’s a win for sure. Can’t wait to dig in and see if there’s anything cool! This guy just wanted the stuff gone. He was selling totes full of stuff cheap. A lot of stuff I didn’t know about, but with Transformers it was a no brainer for me.

Like I always say, the deals are still out there, you just have to keep digging!