• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I need 4 of the lower bay doors, struts, lower guns & seats, nozzels, 1 fuel station, 1 upper computer station, gun tips.

That was very nice of him to give away the box for free. Before I bought this one I had another opportunity for one that had the box and was more complete. It had a huge crack in the main structure though and was pretty expensive.

I can't tell you how bad I want that box.  

I'll look to see what I have for your Terror.  I think I have the nozzles.  I hope I didn't pack them yet. 

Patrick

On 10/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, F For Fake said:

Nice! Snowcat rules! Even with its dodgy, just-begging-to-be-broken design, it's still a classic. Here are mine. I still need a Tiger Cat to replace the one i lost in my youth. I have TF Frostbite ready to go!

IMG_4126.JPG

Love em!! Super white. When I was a kid I would think how cool it would be to drive around my neighborhood with my friends in one. Ha. 

On 10/7/2021 at 8:10 PM, F For Fake said:

Nice! Snowcat rules! Even with its dodgy, just-begging-to-be-broken design, it's still a classic. Here are mine. I still need a Tiger Cat to replace the one i lost in my youth. I have TF Frostbite ready to go!

IMG_4126.JPG

What's up with the green missiles on the left?  Partial custom?  Looks OG otherwise.

Same here, I have a killer TF Frostbite but no ride. 

The Cobra Wolf was amazing to me as a kid.  But I honestly struggle with buying one now.  I'm sure I'll end up buying one, but it's pretty low hanging fruit.

Patrick

On 10/8/2021 at 12:20 AM, followtheleader said:

What's up with the green missiles on the left?  Partial custom?  Looks OG otherwise.

Same here, I have a killer TF Frostbite but no ride. 

The Cobra Wolf was amazing to me as a kid.  But I honestly struggle with buying one now.  I'm sure I'll end up buying one, but it's pretty low hanging fruit.

Patrick

Hey Patrick! The one on the left is a regular Snowcat with the missiles, rockets and skies from the 1987 “Vehicle Gear” accessory pack. It came with a full set of green missiles and rockets (and light grey skis) for the Snowcat along with several other random missiles. I always thought it would be fun to compete a Snowcat with those, so I finally got around to it. I also have Iceberg driving as he has a bit of green on his goggles, I thought they matched up ok.

I looooved the Wolf as a kid, it may have been my favorite Cobra vehicle, oddly enough. I loved the rockets, ski missiles, turret gun, double cockpits…for the size and price, it had a lot of cool play options. I also loved Ice Viper with his weird Darth Vader helmet and sais. Such an odd combo, but I thought it was so cool. I picked up a shell 10 years or so ago and took my time completing it. Oddly enough, the hardest piece to find was a second sai for the Viper! Those have gotten pricey.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:29 AM, F For Fake said:

Hey Patrick! The one on the left is a regular Snowcat with the missiles, rockets and skies from the 1987 “Vehicle Gear” accessory pack. It came with a full set of green missiles and rockets (and light grey skis) for the Snowcat along with several other random missiles. I always thought it would be fun to compete a Snowcat with those, so I finally got around to it. I also have Iceberg driving as he has a bit of green on his goggles, I thought they matched up ok.

I looooved the Wolf as a kid, it may have been my favorite Cobra vehicle, oddly enough. I loved the rockets, ski missiles, turret gun, double cockpits…for the size and price, it had a lot of cool play options. I also loved Ice Viper with his weird Darth Vader helmet and sais. Such an odd combo, but I thought it was so cool. I picked up a shell 10 years or so ago and took my time completing it. Oddly enough, the hardest piece to find was a second sai for the Viper! Those have gotten pricey.

Dang, that's a cool idea.  

I love the Ice Viper also.  Sais?  Still cool.

Patrick

On 10/21/2021 at 7:40 AM, fantastic_four said:

I thought my favorite figure of 2021 was going to be the Mafex Superman Hush, but I just got the Mafex Gambit in and WOW, I think he takes it.  He's absolutely perfect, and while I usually dislike cloth goods his cape is HELLA fun to pose because it has bendy wires all along the edges allowing you to position it in almost any way you'd ever want.  It's like having two action figures in one where you can pose both Gambit and separately the coat into incredibly dynamic poses.

Mafex just makes ALL the best twelfth scale action figures now; every release ends up being the best available version of that character.  Also picked up the Age of Apocalypse Magneto, and while I would prefer a classic version the figure is just phenomenal.

AM-JKLU5YPjTBrztqdwpd8WBwc6AWj4PaOZyCEFo

EYndgpHXgAAWY3k?format=jpg&name=large

000471280_01.jpg

I really like cloth for the clothing when it is done right (which it is usually not in my opinion lol). Those figures look awesome! Love how they put the bendable wire in the jacket ... perfect character for it.

Is there a history behind the Skystriker?  Reading the Haslab campaign text it appears to be referring to a previously-released version.  Is that the case, and if so how did it compare to this new one?  I can only assume this new one blows the old one away just based upon this one costing $230.