• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 2:31 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I opened up my MP Thundercracker today and had a gander at him. Perfect shade of cartoon blue, oh so pretty. Can't wait to get him home so I can transform him and put him with his brethren. 

uVnkHiz.jpeg

spiffy! Fo! SHO! I love the cleanness, so good you can smell the paint! lol 

LEGO The Mandalorian’s N-1 Starfighter 75325 First Look!

https://www.brickfinder.net/2022/02/14/lego-mandalorians-n-1-starfighter-75325-first-look/

This one is going to be a bit expensive for the parts count in it.  It will make you cringe... so... yeah... 

image.thumb.png.883a95b00ebfad7d07b7901aca53b7c3.png

Hasbro never planned straight arm Zap very well... 

Remember if you ever see a straight arm zap in ANY condition that has unbroken hands... make an offer. 

Some guy posted this in one of the GI Joe facebook groups... 

Zap arms... 

274069939_10112856379075122_2481694475143787454_n.thumb.jpg.f45354e6c3fd1ec77a5275702dbdbd67.jpg

On 2/15/2022 at 6:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

So there is an actual real joke behind this.  Lego released a set this year called the Majestic Tiger (Lego 31129)   Now keep in mind that this is an official Lego set.  Lego included parts for a butt hole on their tiger.  So because of that the lego community started adding 'butt holes' with the flower piece on everything from cars to the AT AT as a community joke.

Here is a review where they mentioned it soon after it was released. 

^^

On 2/15/2022 at 7:39 PM, B2D327 said:

Mail call

EECDFC91-BE9A-43FB-B1EC-695BD8EA0455.jpeg

I almost pulled the trigger on him too, but I really don't want to go down the sixth scale rabbit hole...they just take up too much space.

I'm also still skeptical of the materials and articulation on sixth scale.  How is his articulation?

I've read dozens and dozens of posts from Hot Toys collectors saying that if you leave those in dynamic poses you're risking the clothing or synthetic material around the joints cracking.  That sounds like more conflicting responsibilities than I want with an "action" figure.  :ohnoez:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 2/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, fantastic_four said:

I almost pulled the trigger on him too, but I really don't want to go down the sixth scale rabbit hole...they just take up too much space.

I'm also still skeptical of the materials and articulation on sixth scale.  How is his articulation?

I've read dozens and dozens of posts from Hot Toys collectors saying that if you leave those in dynamic poses you're risking the clothing or synthetic material around the joints cracking.  That sounds like more conflicting responsibilities than I want with an "action" figure.  :ohnoez:

Articulation is exceptional and the figure holds the poses well with “ratchet joints”. These are from ThreeZero studios so I can’t speak on the Sideshow or Hot Toys in comparison but I can imagine there may be some risk with any of them if constantly being played with but I only intend to display them and the materials used seem to have been engineered of pretty high quality. Time will tell. There are quite a few review vids up on YouTube if you care to check them out. I’m waiting on the Storm Shadow figure to arrive this weekend and one of the reviewers where the skeleton seems to want to poke through the silicone arms but it looks to be more of how he’s handling it then a manufacturing flaw imo.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:17 PM, B2D327 said:

I’m waiting on the Storm Shadow figure to arrive this weekend and one of the reviewers where the skeleton seems to want to poke through the silicone arms but it looks to be more of how he’s handling it then a manufacturing flaw imo.

That's the exact sort of warning I hear sixth scale collectors frequently give with leaving most figures in anything except a straight vanilla pose for extended periods of time--that it will lead to the material cracking such as in the example below.

TvGrmmA.jpeg