• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 6:01 AM, Lamborghinikid said:

After 40 years I finally got another one ! 

D2E6B354-F87A-4333-A5FF-EE90F36D0D86.jpeg

BF16E6C8-E0FC-49D7-8BCE-A24AD83F9A71.jpeg

Love it! I have been kinda sorta looking for one of these for a while now. A local shop had one, but the box was a repro, so i didn't pull the trigger. This one looks so nice! That is a real collection centerpiece right there, beautiful toy.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, F For Fake said:

Love it! I have been kinda sorta looking for one of these for a while now. A local shop had one, but the box was a repro, so i didn't pull the trigger. This one looks so nice! That is a real collection centerpiece right there, beautiful toy.

Thank you my friend for the kind words. There’s just something soulful about buying something that made us happy when we were young. I was over the moon when I landed this one. The box edges have some rubs but overall it’s a solid box. Now it’s time to hunt down a nice Mazinga in the box !

On 2/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, Lamborghinikid said:

Thank you my friend for the kind words. There’s just something soulful about buying something that made us happy when we were young. I was over the moon when I landed this one. The box edges have some rubs but overall it’s a solid box. Now it’s time to hunt down a nice Mazinga in the box !

Frankly, I don't mind the rubs or light wear on a box, because to me, it gives it that air of authenticity. I can feel the age. We are living in an era of reproductions and customs, so I kinda dig a little wear here and there. Especially since the main draw, that lovely center image, is clean and bright!

On 2/11/2022 at 4:46 PM, Poekaymon said:

I didn't realize they were individually packed inside until you posted that pic, so I went ahead and opened it.  Here's the new Storm Shadow next to the vintage one.  It is very close but doesn't seem as identical as I originally thought.  Also, I question whether the originals were ever that white, or some of the details quite so defined, even when they were brand new.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpg.2969d2d565bebb730dfb1fb2227b659b.jpg  

It looks like the hands are the biggest give-away in comparison.  Thanks for the side-by-side!

On 2/11/2022 at 7:46 PM, Poekaymon said:

I didn't realize they were individually packed inside until you posted that pic, so I went ahead and opened it.  Here's the new Storm Shadow next to the vintage one.  It is very close but doesn't seem as identical as I originally thought.  Also, I question whether the originals were ever that white, or some of the details quite so defined, even when they were brand new.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpg.2969d2d565bebb730dfb1fb2227b659b.jpg  

I have not opened my set (taken them off the card) but I believe at one point they were that white.  The Snake Eyes is a more of a matte black which I prefer though.  The weapons in the tissue did not seem as brittle as evidenced by the sword.   They seem to be made from the molds of the re-released figures post 1994 or completely new sculpts like Hasbro did with the "vintage" rocket firing Boba Fett from a decade ago. 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:01 AM, Lamborghinikid said:

After 40 years I finally got another one ! 

D2E6B354-F87A-4333-A5FF-EE90F36D0D86.jpeg

BF16E6C8-E0FC-49D7-8BCE-A24AD83F9A71.jpeg

I couldn't give a flying isshhh that there are rubs on the box.  

Such a glorious piece.  

I can never get enough of this toy.   I've longed for a box for some time.   

Have to settle for the few loose toys I have.  Congrats. 

Patrick

On 2/10/2022 at 10:06 PM, followtheleader said:

Not a lego guy, but this is next level amazing.  

Detail is crazy, especially all of the villians.  Doc Oct, Sandman, and Goblin are superb. 

My favorite part, a friggin Spider Buggy!

Patrick

I am not a die hard Lego guy, I have 4 (The Daily Bugle, Millennium Falcon, Slave 1 and the 1989 Bat-Plane) but the size and sheer awesomeness of this one is something else. I love they included the Spider-Buggy in this. My favorite mini fig in this set is probably FireStar (cause old school Spider-Man and his amazing friends Saturday morning cartoon).