• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

It's now my turn to join the rapidly expanding Hasbro Pulse O-Ring Club, along with the other cool kids! My packages arrived yesterday. Not really sure what I'm going to do with these, probably leave them carded and in the box, and put them in storage until the rest of the new o-ring stuff starts coming out. I don't really like to mix modern and vintage stuff in my displays, so until they have some more friends to be displayed with, they're the odd man out. 

The Reformatted Galvatron with Unicron companions pack also arrived. This is another one I ordered at the time but have since cooled on. I mainly bought it for the little ships and minifigures, but the reviews haven't been great. They seem to be pretty chintzy. And I guess Galvatron looks kinda cool, but he never actually looked like this in the movie, so I don't think he's really essential to my collection. Looks much more "Tron" than Unicron to me. If they did a Megatron with the real "reformatted" pattern and translucent plastic, I'd be all over it. (Like the recent R.E.D. figure, but in the proper scale.) But this thing is just kind of a cool looking curiosity. So, he stays sealed until I decide if I'm keeping him or not.

IMG_4652.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

On 2/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, F For Fake said:

It's now my turn to join the rapidly expanding Hasbro Pulse O-Ring Club, along with the other cool kids! My packages arrived yesterday. Not really sure what I'm going to do with these, probably leave them carded and in the box, and put them in storage until the rest of the new o-ring stuff starts coming out. I don't really like to mix modern and vintage stuff in my displays, so until they have some more friends to be displayed with, they're the odd man out. 

The Reformatted Galvatron with Unicron companions pack also arrived. This is another one I ordered at the time but have since cooled on. I mainly bought it for the little ships and minifigures, but the reviews haven't been great. They seem to be pretty chintzy. And I guess Galvatron looks kinda cool, but he never actually looked like this in the movie, so I don't think he's really essential to my collection. Looks much more "Tron" than Unicron to me. If they did a Megatron with the real "reformatted" pattern and translucent plastic, I'd be all over it. (Like the recent R.E.D. figure, but in the proper scale.) But this thing is just kind of a cool looking curiosity. So, he stays sealed until I decide if I'm keeping him or not.

IMG_4652.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

Kinda odd decision on the art on the Joe O-ring two pack considering the Snake Eyes in the set is the V1 "Commando" version and not the V2 ninja version with the visor thing on his face.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:50 AM, Dave2739 said:

Kinda odd decision on the art on the Joe O-ring two pack considering the Snake Eyes in the set is the V1 "Commando" version and not the V2 ninja version with the visor thing on his face.

YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was caught off guard by that! I assume that they'll give us V2 at some point, but it's still a weird decision to put this image on the box. 

About to jump into the newer GI Joe stuff myself and I’m really liking the pricey Sideshow figures but willing to take a step down for the ThreeZero 12” figures for a few of them. Any feedback on the comparisons? I’m about to pull the trigger on a few figures before the month ends including Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and the Crimson Cobra Commander to stand side by side with some of the vintage stuff.

On 2/9/2022 at 12:41 PM, D84 said:

I've completed the Harrison Ford man dolly trifecta!

20220209_113541.thumb.jpg.266300240785348b8272347d07a9746e.jpg

Nice. Have you considered a “Fugitive” Dr. Kimble too? I think a custom figure wouldn’t be too hard to come up with from those sculpts.

On 2/9/2022 at 3:12 PM, B2D327 said:

Nice. Have you considered a “Fugitive” Dr. Kimble too? I think a custom figure wouldn’t be too hard to come up with from those sculpts.

Honestly, I didn't care for The Fugitive.

The newest X-Men wave is up for preorder singly at BBTS. There's no option to preorder the full wave, and that's by design. I don't know why they've changed, but they've just made it a complete pain in the arse to order a wave of figures from them, and more expensive, as you don't even get a couple of measly bucks off. 

Not cool, BBTS, not cool. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:09 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

The newest X-Men wave is up for preorder singly at BBTS. There's no option to preorder the full wave, and that's by design. I don't know why they've changed, but they've just made it a complete pain in the arse to order a wave of figures from them, and more expensive, as you don't even get a couple of measly bucks off. 

Not cool, BBTS, not cool. 

Is Hasbro Pulse open to you in Australia? 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, Ducky13 said:

While I got this for Christmas, I just finished the assembly and light kit install. 4 level, 25 mini figs and the taxi. Currently in my comic room (Nerdvana) on my desk.

20220208_094141.jpg

20220208_094200.jpg

20220208_094250.jpg

20220208_094214.jpg

20220208_092802.jpg

Very nice! Is the light kit able to be installed once the set is assembled or is it designed to go in while your putting the legos together? I finished my Daily Bugle and was thinking about doing lights if doable. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, bentbryan said:

Very nice! Is the light kit able to be installed once the set is assembled or is it designed to go in while your putting the legos together? I finished my Daily Bugle and was thinking about doing lights if doable. 

The light kit is set up to do in stages. Each level is wired up separately. Pretty easy to do, and looks great.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:03 AM, Buzzetta said:

Is Hasbro Pulse open to you in Australia? 

Unfortunately not. 

On 2/8/2022 at 12:39 PM, Ducky13 said:

While I got this for Christmas, I just finished the assembly and light kit install. 4 level, 25 mini figs and the taxi. Currently in my comic room (Nerdvana) on my desk.

20220208_094141.jpg

20220208_094200.jpg

20220208_094250.jpg

20220208_094214.jpg

20220208_092802.jpg

Not a lego guy, but this is next level amazing.  

Detail is crazy, especially all of the villians.  Doc Oct, Sandman, and Goblin are superb. 

My favorite part, a friggin Spider Buggy!

Patrick