• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,359 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2024 at 9:29 AM, Cat said:

Lol just went to BBTS and their big newest item for preorder is a 1/12 scale Halo Carter* figure. "Hot damn I need that!" I thought, and went to preorder it. $180US. Yeeeaaahhhh not so much, it seems.

*Carter is my absolute favourite Halo character. 

I'd go for a 1/6 Cortana...  :whistle:

On 2/22/2024 at 12:48 PM, Gonzimodo said:

(Yes, I'm quoting myself. :insane:)

Here are some comparison shots of the old card and the newer, sturdier cards.  I don't know how well it shows in the pictures, but the new card (on CC) is much thicker and sturdier.  It feels like a classic/standard action figure card back and doesn't curl up like the older ones (Snake Eyes).

Joes1.jpg

Joes2.jpg

Joes3.jpg

That is a big difference.  

@Buzzetta did DC do many characters in Lego blind bags? I know they did some, as I bought a Catman. But did they do characters like Dr Fate, Stargirl, and Ted Kord Blue Beetle? Someone showed them off on Reddit, along with other supposed DC Lego's, and I want them, but only if they're legit.

Edited by Cat

On 2/24/2024 at 1:10 AM, Cat said:

@Buzzetta did DC do many characters in Lego blind bags? I know they did some, as I bought a Catman. But did they do characters like Dr Fate, Stargirl, and Ted Kord Blue Beetle? Someone showed them off on Reddit, along with other supposed DC Lego's, and I want them, but only if they're legit.

Ahhh

DC Collectible Minifigures: 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dc-super-heroes-series-71026. (This one has Stargirl in it)

Lego Batman Series 1 and 2

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-lego-batman-movie-71017

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-lego-batman-movie-series-2-71020. (Series 2 is stronger and has the Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, Vacation Joker (killing Joke version minus hat), Black Canary)

Here is the current list of all 521 (as of now) released DC minifigures and all variations from blind bags and sets. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=M&promoCatID=247

Dr. Fate has never been officially released.  However, Blue Beetle appeared in only one set (Ser# 76054) almost ten years ago in this incarnation:

image.png.a31868c8c2eb4250185c990f918582e4.png

On 2/24/2024 at 11:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

Ahhh

DC Collectible Minifigures: 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dc-super-heroes-series-71026. (This one has Stargirl in it)

Lego Batman Series 1 and 2

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-lego-batman-movie-71017

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-lego-batman-movie-series-2-71020. (Series 2 is stronger and has the Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, Vacation Joker (killing Joke version minus hat), Black Canary)

Here is the current list of all 521 (as of now) released DC minifigures and all variations from blind bags and sets. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=M&promoCatID=247

Dr. Fate has never been officially released.  However, Blue Beetle appeared in only one set (Ser# 76054) almost ten years ago in this incarnation:

image.png.a31868c8c2eb4250185c990f918582e4.png

Thanks Buzz, you're a legend. I didn't think that Dr Fate looked right for some reason. Good attempt though, I'll give it that. 

On 2/24/2024 at 10:05 AM, Cat said:

Thanks Buzz, you're a legend. I didn't think that Dr Fate looked right for some reason. Good attempt though, I'll give it that. 

If you are looking for a quality custom then they are possible to find.  They are usually priced a little higher due to the printing process on the minifigure.   Your $3-$5 knock offs are fun but are discernible.  There are a few guys out there doing things that look as if they are factory generated.  Keep in mind though that certain figures may never find their way into lego's lineup due to the content that they are associated with.

Lego usually has a "no realistic violence unless it is historical like knights and pirates and western" in their themes.   So, you can imagine how surprised that the company that pulled a Technic Osprey due to its association with military usage , inserted a Punisher minifigure into the Daily Bugle set so who knows? 

Lego's most recent statement on military sets and violence in relation to the Osprey set: 

"The LEGO Technic Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey was designed to highlight the important role the aircraft plays in search and rescue efforts. While the set clearly depicts how a rescue version of the plane might look, the aircraft is only used by the military. We have a long-standing policy not to create sets which feature real military vehicles, so it has been decided not to proceed with the launch of this product. We appreciate that some fans who were looking forward to this set may be disappointed, but we believe it's important to ensure that we uphold our brand values."

My Mafex Hush Batman arrived today. Stunningly beautiful figure. So indescribably happy to have it. Furai Hound was also in the box, ready to be built when I see a mate in a few weeks time and we build some kits together. I'm pretty intimidated by this one. SS86 Ratchet was also in there, he's nice, along with some other stuff like the latest ROTJ Luke from Star Wars Black, and the Gundam Universe Gundam 00 QANTT figure, which is pretty nice, especially for the nice. 

Separately my Mattel DCUC Alan Scott Green Lantern figure also arrived. I know I should have had him years ago. His expression turned me off buying him. Glad to expand my JSA and include him, but I still don't like that headsculpt. 

All in all, a great day. 

On 2/28/2024 at 12:55 AM, Cat said:

My Mafex Hush Batman arrived today. Stunningly beautiful figure. So indescribably happy to have it. Furai Hound was also in the box, ready to be built when I see a mate in a few weeks time and we build some kits together. I'm pretty intimidated by this one. SS86 Ratchet was also in there, he's nice, along with some other stuff like the latest ROTJ Luke from Star Wars Black, and the Gundam Universe Gundam 00 QANTT figure, which is pretty nice, especially for the nice. 

Separately my Mattel DCUC Alan Scott Green Lantern figure also arrived. I know I should have had him years ago. His expression turned me off buying him. Glad to expand my JSA and include him, but I still don't like that headsculpt. 

All in all, a great day. 

Lots of fun stuff! My first Mafex was the Knightfall Batman (Azbats) and I was amazed at the quality. I mean, for the price they'd BETTER be nice, but I was still blown away by the materials, the articulation, etc. So I've added a few more via BBTS sales. At $100+ they're still a big pill to swallow, but at $60-ish they're a little easier to justify. But I'll definitely be getting more.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:53 PM, F For Fake said:

Lots of fun stuff! My first Mafex was the Knightfall Batman (Azbats) and I was amazed at the quality. I mean, for the price they'd BETTER be nice, but I was still blown away by the materials, the articulation, etc. So I've added a few more via BBTS sales. At $100+ they're still a big pill to swallow, but at $60-ish they're a little easier to justify. But I'll definitely be getting more.

I've got 3 now, I believe. A sequel Stormtrooper I got for $26 on clearance at BBTS, a 90's Jean Grey, and now Batman. The others were good, Batman is sublime. His cape is just gorgeous to work with, you can literally do anything with it. I think it was @fantastic_fourwho said it's like a second figure, and it really is. It's marvellous. All the other extras are just gravy.

On 2/28/2024 at 9:03 AM, Cat said:

I've got 3 now, I believe. A sequel Stormtrooper I got for $26 on clearance at BBTS, a 90's Jean Grey, and now Batman. The others were good, Batman is sublime. His cape is just gorgeous to work with, you can literally do anything with it. I think it was @fantastic_fourwho said it's like a second figure, and it really is. It's marvellous. All the other extras are just gravy.

Yes, the cape really is fantastic on the one I have, so I'd imagine they're all pretty spectacular. I have the Cyborg Superman and Steel in my Pile of Loot at BBTS, and those capes look amazing.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:06 AM, F For Fake said:

Yes, the cape really is fantastic on the one I have, so I'd imagine they're all pretty spectacular. I have the Cyborg Superman and Steel in my Pile of Loot at BBTS, and those capes look amazing.

Oh cool. I'm not a huge fan of any of the Superman characters, though I did enjoy Connor in Geoff Johns' Teen Titans run, yet that Steel in particular was very tempting to me. It looks fantastic. I reckon you should have about as much fun with it as I'm having with Batman. Only reason I say 'about' is that all the scallops on Batmans' cape have their own wires, so you can REALLY pose that thing how you want, and Steel of course doesn't have an equivalent. I still think he'll be an S-tier figure though. Hope you enjoy them both! 

On 2/28/2024 at 9:17 AM, Cat said:

Oh cool. I'm not a huge fan of any of the Superman characters, though I did enjoy Connor in Geoff Johns' Teen Titans run, yet that Steel in particular was very tempting to me. It looks fantastic. I reckon you should have about as much fun with it as I'm having with Batman. Only reason I say 'about' is that all the scallops on Batmans' cape have their own wires, so you can REALLY pose that thing how you want, and Steel of course doesn't have an equivalent. I still think he'll be an S-tier figure though. Hope you enjoy them both! 

I am honestly not a Superman guy at all, but I always liked those designs, and they looked like such lovely figures, when they went on sale, I grabbed them. I will likely buy more DC figures from them, since I'm not a fan of what McFarlane is doing with the license these days. Marvel Legends has me mostly covered on Marvel figures, though some of the Mafex stuff looks nice .I did order the Psylocke rerelease, as it looks like she'll scale well with ML.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:19 AM, F For Fake said:

I am honestly not a Superman guy at all, but I always liked those designs, and they looked like such lovely figures, when they went on sale, I grabbed them. I will likely buy more DC figures from them, since I'm not a fan of what McFarlane is doing with the license these days. Marvel Legends has me mostly covered on Marvel figures, though some of the Mafex stuff looks nice .I did order the Psylocke rerelease, as it looks like she'll scale well with ML.

Did you see Thor is on sale for $60 at the moment at BBTS, with $4 shipping for you Seppos. 

I'm also not a fan of what McFarlane is doing. I did preorder the Kyle Rayner/Kilowog pack, 99% for the more accurate Kyle, but it's gonna cost me, $172 dollarydoos all up, including shipping. I also got Catman, because I love Catman, and I bought a few others in the past. They're just too hard to get here, meaning I have to resort to US ebay, costing me a fortune for each one, and frankly I'd rather spend the money filling in holes in my Mattel DC collection. And I'll be honest, they're not really doing characters I want anyway, and if they do, they don't look right. 

Psylocke is really tempting. She looks so good. I've managed to say no so far, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold back! 

On 2/28/2024 at 9:38 AM, Cat said:

Did you see Thor is on sale for $60 at the moment at BBTS, with $4 shipping for you Seppos. 

I'm also not a fan of what McFarlane is doing. I did preorder the Kyle Rayner/Kilowog pack, 99% for the more accurate Kyle, but it's gonna cost me, $172 dollarydoos all up, including shipping. I also got Catman, because I love Catman, and I bought a few others in the past. They're just too hard to get here, meaning I have to resort to US ebay, costing me a fortune for each one, and frankly I'd rather spend the money filling in holes in my Mattel DC collection. And I'll be honest, they're not really doing characters I want anyway, and if they do, they don't look right. 

Psylocke is really tempting. She looks so good. I've managed to say no so far, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold back! 

Yes, I did see Thor, and I was tempted. He looks like a really nice figure in and of itself, but apparently he is undersized in comparison to Legends, which is where I'd display him. Since I've already got the 80th Ann ML Thor for my Avengers display, I don't really need another one, and he'd be kind of an island unto himself. Still, scale issues aside, he looks snazzy, it's tempting!

I was tempted by the Kyle/Kilowog pack, as they looks like fairly classic takes on the characters. When McFarlane does the classic costumes, I am tempted here and there. I did buy the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold 2-pack for my Blue and Gold shrine, and they're decent enough figures. I have the Knightfall Batman as well, and he's actually really nice. But with the cost going up (can't believe how they jacked the price up on the Crisis on Infinite Earths wave), and character design/selection not usually being to my taste, it's easy enough to pass on the line as a whole. Between old DCUC and DC Direct, there's tons of DC product to suit my needs.

I went ahead and grabbed Psylocke since it looks like she scales fairly well with ML, and seems superior to the old Juggernaut wave Psylocke. She should fit in well. I am tempted by Gambit as well, as it looks like a beautiful toy, but man, i really, really hate Gambit, so I can't justify the spend. I'll probably just get the X-Men 97 version at some point, and put him in the back of the crowd ha

Nice pick-up on Psylocke. She looks gorgeous, don't think you can go wrong on that one. I skipped the X-Men 97 Gambit, seeing as he's still got pinned joints. Only one in the wave to do so. He was a side grade at best, and I didn't feel he was much of an improvement over the last one, so I passed on him. If he'd been pinless I'd have picked him up in a flash. 

Yeah, the price on the McFarlane Crisis wave is ridiculous. I was tempted by Spectre (just in case they do more JSA characters, not that I can ever see that happening) but not at that price. What a joke. I do kinda regret not picking up the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold pack, but eh, I've got the Mattel versions, and I like them better. McFarlane couldn't even give them translucent visors and goggles.