• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don`t get why everybody loves Marvel`s Civil War and doesn`t love DC`s BvS?

193 posts in this topic

BvS wasn't an flop it just didn't live up to the hype.

Bad main villains mixed with a lame reason why Batman stopped fighting with Superman.

On the positive side we got a new Batman in Ben Afleck who I can't wait to see in the own solo movies and I am actually looking forward to the directors cut of this film.

My main problem with DC is they had this mad rush to get to the Justice League movie. :facepalm:

Marvel's phase 3 is over in 2019.

DC with common sense hm

I know! :idea:

Lets do a couple solo movies that include Superman II, Batman I/II, Wonder Woman, Flash, and maybe a Green Lantern movie first. That way once 2019 is over and Marvel has to regroup to plan their future we can grab everyones attention with 2020 Justice League movies.

Alas once again Marvel proves why they are cool and DC is lame.

All I know is both movies made me excited to be a super hero fan when I left the theatre.

I just can`t understand why one was rated 27%,while the other was rated 91% by Rotten Tomatoes critics.

To see such a disparity shows something is up? hm

I just don`t get the disparity.

They both were good movies.

I like movies that have been highly rated. I like movies that have been lowly rated. I don't give a rat's what Rotten Tomatoes thinks. I go to see the movies that I want to see. Critics and critic web site have zero influence on me.

RIGHT and I thought ASM 2 was horrible (and I loved ASM 1) Disney owns so much I wonder how many critics work for Disney in some capacity (ABC, ESPN whch does movie reviews on their shows etc)

You know what I don't get?

...how ANYONE, especially anyone who is a member of this message board, could POSSIBLY think IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM that BvS is a better movie than Civil War.

Honestly, it makes me not want to leave the house that people are THAT out of touch with reality.

Here's what I don't get;

How ANYONE irrespective of who they are or what their hobby is, could not understand and respect that people have different tastes.

I haven't seen Civil War yet and therefore have no opinion of which is the better movie, but will soon enough. Until and even after that, I intend to accept the fact that there will be different strokes for different folks...and not criticize those who prefer the movie I liked least. (tsk)

All I know is both movies made me excited to be a super hero fan when I left the theatre.

I just can`t understand why one was rated 27%,while the other was rated 91% by Rotten Tomatoes critics.

To see such a disparity shows something is up? hm

I just don`t get the disparity.

They both were good movies.

No, they weren't.

One was an excellent, well-craft, almost flawless, cohesive effort.

The other was underwhelming, jumpy and packed tight with errors.

Nothing to do with a DC/Marvel bias, other than DC continue to stumble in their efforts.

I also loved the Fantastic Four and that's no joke.

FF movie version 1, 2 with Rise of the Surfer or relaunched FF that was unevenly edited?

I would rate Capt America 3 : Civil War as outstanding at 10/10. I like DC comics better but BvS just ranked 7.5 for me due to the plodding rationale of why Batman was battling Superman while the rationale of why Capt America's team (with Winter Soldier) (thumbs u was fighting Iron Man's team made more sense on screen due to expanded dialogue and 1991 back story flashbacks.

Both great movies.

Tons of action.

Both had sad and happy moments.

Both had great villains.

I just don`t get why one is universally loved,while the other isn`t?

The only thing I can think of is there is a bias against DC movies.

Kind of like Apple gurus dissing everything else.

If that's the only thing you can think of, I'd suggest thinking harder.

I think arguing the bias is deflection, and maybe just anger that the critics didn't see something that everyone else claims to have, which maybe they did. I think BVS is bottom 5 superhero movies I've seen. The only ones I can think of that I think are worse are Green Lantern (the perfectly casted Hal with the worst -script since Spider-Man 3), Iron Man 3, ASM 2, and Spider-Man 3 (haven't seen Ang Lee's Hulk).

I'm also a huge fan of Ben Affleck and was when people hated him in every way prior to him achieving general respect after directing Gone, Baby Gone. I think with a competent writer/director (read: Ben Affleck) it can be a better Batman movie than even Batman Begins. I think Zach Snyder has no actual vision of what he's doing and instead of paying homage or even remotely caring about the characters he's playing he chose a few major storylines, cut the pages out of the comics and tossed them up in the air and then decided how to put the movie together based on the way they fell on the ground. I didn't think Man of Steel was as bad as a lot of people did, but I also think that Superman Returns is the second best Superman movie after Superman 2. I just hated everything about BVS until the last 20 minutes, and it reminded me of ASM 2 in all the bad ways. There were way to many characters and storylines that I had to care about to enjoy it, and I cared about almost none of it.

...how ANYONE, especially anyone who is a member of this message board, could POSSIBLY think IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM that BvS is a better movie than Civil War.

Honestly, it makes me not want to leave the house that people are THAT out of touch with reality.

Here's what I don't get;

How ANYONE irrespective of who they are or what their hobby is, could not understand and respect that people have different tastes.

I haven't seen Civil War yet and therefore have no opinion of which is the better movie, but will soon enough. Until and even after that, I intend to accept the fact that there will be different strokes for different folks...and not criticize those who prefer the movie I liked least. (tsk)

Have you read any of the BvS thread? It became a circle jerk of a few raving about the film, while lambasting anyone who disliked the movie.

Through box office dollars alone, clearly the majority agree that CW is the superior film.

Personally, I thought BvS was a mess. Disjointed, unnecessary scenes - a lot of it solely to set up future films I'm no longer excited for. Undeveloped motivations for the main characters that left me rooting for nobody.

Age of Ultron had similar flaws, but not to that extent.

Civil War, to me, was the exact opposite. There was little I felt was unnecessary, and it gave compelling reasons why everyone acted how they did. It honestly felt like a refined Avengers - multiple stories that lead to a culmination that makes sense, while doing a great job setting up future installments without it being forced.

It's fine for everybody that enjoyed both films, but I'm surprised as well at anybody that can think BvS was the better film. (shrug)

Have you read any of the BvS thread? It became a circle jerk of a few raving about the film, while lambasting anyone who disliked the movie.

I realize the world to you is as you see it. I'm not going to debate that. But this imaginary tale you tell of lambasting anyone that didn't like it is just not true. There were folks that noted they didn't care for it, and moved on from there.

It is the fellow that came into that thread (1) never having seen the movie, and (2) hell-bent on disrupting any discussion in the thread other than he hated Zack Snyder and his portrayal of Superman in his films. That is what turned people off on having a discussion when he showed up. That - and the imaginary investor meeting and the 'it didn't make a billion dollars - let's hang Snyder' excitement.

I saw both and I liked BvS better. I liked Civil War too, but again, kiddie-verse is the only way I can describe it. Makes sense it will make more money because he target audience is larger as Marvel/Disney movies draw in kids and their parents.

I'll have my review up later after I'm through with my marathon Mother's Day.

I realize the world to you is as you see it. I'm not going to debate that. But this imaginary tale you tell of lambasting anyone that didn't like it is just not true. There were folks that noted they didn't care for it, and moved on from there.

It is the fellow that came into that thread (1) never having seen the movie, and (2) hell-bent on disrupting any discussion in the thread other than he hated Zack Snyder and his portrayal of Superman in his films. That is what turned people off on having a discussion when he showed up. That - and the imaginary investor meeting and the 'it didn't make a billion dollars - let's hang Snyder' excitement.

Agree to disagree. When separate threads are started solely to troll people who didn't like the film, it seems pretty lambasty.

Agree to disagree. When separate threads are started solely to troll people who didn't like the film, it seems pretty lambasty.
Where was a separate thread created to troll people who didn't like Batman v Superman? Someone created a thread like that purposely?

Or are you talking about ComicConnoisseur's thread where he questioned what the critics were thinking. That was the other thread. But I don't see him trolling anyone.

Where was a separate thread created to troll people who didn't like Batman v Superman? Someone created a thread like that purposely?

Or are you talking about ComicConnoisseur's thread where he questioned what the critics were thinking. That was the other thread. But I don't see him trolling anyone.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9255350#Post9255350

This thread served no purpose but to continue the mocking the poster and a few others started in the main thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9255350#Post9255350

This thread served no purpose but to continue the mocking the poster and a few others started in the main thread.

:eek:

:fear:

Serious business

Tone. Tone, tone, tone.

Unfortunately, there were also plenty that haunted/haunt the BvS thread just to make some statement against DC. So I guess we have that little pleasure as well.

:ohnoez: