• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

He has done some fantastic work, but man o man, that painting of the woman on top of the fish is just such a laughable piece.

Maybe its a sexual metaphor? :insane:

Nothing wrong with a well crafted vanilla.

Boris on the other hand....

Boris%20Vallejo%20-%201985%20-%20Heavy%20Metal.jpg

boris_vallejo_93tinirau.jpg

(worship)

lol

Obviously a talent but the theme on those portraits are a bit odd. :eek: You couldn't pay me enough to display them on the wall in my house. He would have made a great DC cover artist. Is the bottom image an advertisement for fish and chips, WTF?

I assumed the bottom image was a proposed advertisement for a feminine hygiene product.

The fish looks to be popping out of the water but the girl is bone dry. So maybe the fish is surfing?

Hmm... it's an ad for surf n' turf?

If that's the case I'll pass on the fish and take the meat (although the way the meat is being handled it may have a fishy smell anyways...) (shrug)

"Stop me if you heard this one before: a flying piranha and a naked lady walk into a bar,,,"

I kind of want to get a t-shirt made of that. Is there a hi-res image online somewhere? hm

"Stop me if you heard this one before: a flying piranha and a naked lady walk into a bar,,,"

I kind of want to get a t-shirt made of that. Is there a hi-res image online somewhere? hm

You could have it photoshopped with you riding the fish behind her and have it mounted on the wall at home...like White Goodman did.

Take the Bull Market by the Horns Gene!!!

f8e8eeca38176e5d113ca0b8f072ec15.jpg

You could have it photoshopped with you riding the fish behind her and have it mounted on the wall at home...like White Goodman did.

If I did that, you could start the countdown to divorce proceedings...3...2...1...

:roflmao:

I think Bronty made a similar suggestion to me a while ago, only he may not have been kidding. lol

If I did that, you could start the countdown to divorce proceedings...3...2...1...

Then the only choice is to buy a 70's conversion van and have that image painted on the side.

"If this fish is flyin', Don't come by a-spyin' "

Or

"If this tuna is airborne, Gene's givin' someone the 'bighorn'."

Something like that.

:roflmao:

I think Bronty made a similar suggestion to me a while ago, only he may not have been kidding. lol

? I don't recall the particular conversation. That painting if it existed as Chris posted it, I'd love to own because it was featured in the Vince Vaughn / Ben Stiller movie Dodgeball, which I liked very much. Alas Stiller's likeness is photoshop.

1617288069-dodgeball1.jpg

tumblr_mgh8juEY821rg0lgoo1_1280.gif

The original (no stiller) sold here

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/boris-vallejo-taurus-the-bull-fantasy-zodiac-calendar-painting-original-art-1987-/a/7059-92330.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Or

Something like that.

If the Tuna is airborne...just leads me to believe Maryjane Rotten Crotch is the one getting banged.

Or

Something like that.

If the Tuna is airborne...just leads me to believe Maryjane Rotten Crotch is the one getting banged.

Probably not her freshest day :insane:

? I don't recall the particular conversation. That painting if it existed as Chris posted it, I'd love to own because it was featured in the Vince Vaughn / Ben Stiller movie Dodgeball, which I liked very much. Alas Stiller's likeness is photoshop.

Let me refresh your memory!! From 10/14/15, us talking about one of the (pre-1982) Boris paintings in the Heritage Illo Auction:

It's 2015, though, and I think my wife might leave me if I buy another Boris, so I'll just be :popcorn: today.

lol

That's hilarious; your wife and her hate for saddam art ;)

You should commission a 48" boris to hang above the headboard as an anniversary present :insane:

Grab life by the horns and get it done! ;)

0.jpg