• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

$95k
:wishluck:

U a potential buyer ? or the seller ?

I've never sold a piece of art, only collect silver surfer pieces...and I don't have a cover in my collection (at least not from original series)

Good luck. She's a beauty.

$95k

I've never sold a piece of art, only collect silver surfer pieces...and I don't have a cover in my collection (at least not from original series)

sub 100 I'm interested...above, not so much

$95k

I agree with the 95k estimate.. I can't see that cover cracking 6 figures IMO

Good luck!!

$95k

Good luck!!

Tough to say. Lotta big John Buscema fans out of there.

Personally, I like the Surfer cover more of than the recent Xmen 95 cover by Cockrum that sold for north of 125k, but since I'm not a bidder, my opinion doesn't carry much weight .

Guess, we will have to wait and see on auction day.

$95k

Good luck!!

Tough to say. Lotta big John Buscema fans out of there.

Personally, I like the Surfer cover more of than the recent Xmen 95 cover by Cockrum that sold for north of 125k, but since I'm not a bidder, my opinion doesn't carry much weight .

Guess, we will have to wait and see on auction day.

It's at times like these I'm reminded that auctions are a little like Texas hold-em! Good luck Gator.

around that time.. year 2000 or so...i bought the silver surfer 1 cover privately for 20k and i got an offer for 40k privately 1 month later and sold it....... I believe that person put it in the auction where Jim Halperin got it.

around that time.. year 2000 or so...i bought the silver surfer 1 cover privately for 20k and i got an offer for 40k privately 1 month later and sold it....... I believe that person put it in the auction where Jim Halperin got it.

Sold For: $40,250.00 on Nov 24, 2001 in HA auction

Sold For: $40,250.00 on Nov 24, 2001 in HA auction

So whoever bought it from Burkey lost money after putting it up for auction?

He should've implemented a friends & family bidding plan.

As Felix mentioned, I was the original owner of that SS 13 cover. I sold it at a moment of financial duress and knew I would always have regrets. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy one of Buscema's great recreations of the piece only a year or so ago so I have some consolation, but I knew when I sold it that it was going to be far more valuable one day-I just didn't have the option of waiting for that day-which apparently has arrived!

As Felix mentioned, I was the original owner of that SS 13 cover. I sold it at a moment of financial duress and knew I would always have regrets. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy one of Buscema's great recreations of the piece only a year or so ago so I have some consolation, but I knew when I sold it that it was going to be far more valuable one day-I just didn't have the option of waiting for that day-which apparently has arrived!

Never got time to listen to the podcast .. When and how much did you sell it for?