• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

I'm naive on this market as well, but I'm thinking double that. 300-350k?

Its on the short list of most desirable wrightson works in existence

I wanna see a scan before I put down a firm number what i think

I'll look forward to Scott and some of the others joining the discussion but look at the heritage data points.

Is it better than TOS 84 and ASM 62 and ASM 98 covers at about 175k ea? In my mind no question.

ASM 121 @ 280k or so? Ouch, that's starting to be a fair fight. The ST is better but the ASM is marvel. Give the edge to the ST.

Better than GL 76 at 450k? IMO no chance.

So to me that says 250k as a floor and 400k as a ceiling.

Buttquote. Patent pending.

I actually like the logic behind your estimate. :applause:

Well on its way to the fabled land :popcorn:

Got the catalogs in the mail today. Very refreshing and surprising to see that the OA now comes in a different catalogue than the comics. Makes it easier to browse through as well.

I think in the 10 years+ that I'be been getting the catalog It's he first time I've gotten a separate one for comic art. Sure there have been smaller extra catalogs for special collections (like the one for Action Comics 1 included this time). Also funny to see the OA catalog is bigger than the comic book one :acclaim:

Reserves have kicked in and the Frazetta painting will cost at least $1 million (w/BP).

The Frazetta B&W Kubla Khan piece`s reserve is over $35K (w/BP). :screwy:

Swamp Thing # 1 now at 100k plus the juice.

I am gonna predict it ends between $250k-$400k.

She is striking to behold.

I think everytime I look at it, I like it more and more. :cloud9:

This imho is THE Wrightson to own.

Reserves have kicked in and the Frazetta painting will cost at least $1 million (w/BP).

The Frazetta B&W Kubla Khan piece`s reserve is over $35K (w/BP). :screwy:

Curious why you think the KK price is high? Several of the other plates from this portfolio sold for more than this at the previous Doc Dave auction. I wish they hadn't. I quite like this KK piece myself, I might be able to afford the reserve, if I sold a bunch from my collection.

What I find interesting right now is that the Avengers 91 cover by Sal Buscema is tracking $14,000 more than the SS 13 cover by his big brother. It will be interesting to see where the market goes by this upcoming Thursday prior to the auction start. John's art has almost always priced higher than his little brother's art.

What I find interesting right now is that the Avengers 91 cover by Sal Buscema is tracking $14,000 more than the SS 13 cover by his big brother. It will be interesting to see where the market goes by this upcoming Thursday prior to the auction start. John's art has almost always priced higher than his little brother's art.

Well, Sal's cover to Avengers 72 went for just shy of $90K last year, so anything's possible.

Not 100% sure but isn't that because there is a reserve on the Avengers 91 cover? The SS cover has no reserve and has been bid up to current levels. The Avengers cover was brought up to one increment below reserve. Not sure what it was at before the reserve was revealed.

You are correct. I missed that asterisk when I hovered over the price. It is a reserve price similar to the Captain Marvel 58 cover by Cockrum. It will be interesting to see if both covers push past their reserves.