• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia Moon Spoon June is CLOSED. Thanks to all!

345 posts in this topic

As I'm home a little early today, here's one to tide you all over until after dinner:

Patsy and Hedy 16

Upper spine is split down to the first staple, and again an inch or so below it, lower spine is split about an inch. Otherwise general wear, bit of spine roll.

Oddly enough, both staples are still firmly attached to the cover, CF is tight too. Cream pages, still supple.

Take it away for $20

YhFswib.jpg

Here's an oddball for you.

Gerald McBoing Boing 1

From a UPA cartoon, this was one of the first signs of the general decline in American animation. From Gerald on, things got cheaper and uglier for a good many years before the resurgence in the Nineties and onward.

The thing is, it was a pretty good cartoon, just cheaply animated.

Glossy but plenty of wear, big dogear upper RH FC, Sub-type crease BC, tear LH BC, small corner off lower LH BC, tears interior, last three leaves.

Grab and oddity for $10

TC7FXyA.jpg

Adventures Into The Unknown 42

Small split lower spine, some spin e roll, bit of general wear. Good gloss, tight with offwhite pages, small tear upper BC

$35 takes it

lhzINSH.jpg

Headline Comics 39

Photo cover on a copy that looks great...but the silverfish have mined a neat 1/4" strip out of the upper two inches of the spine, and the lower 1" of the spine. Sigh... Otherwise flat, clean, square, glossy, tight, with cream -to-offwhite pages.

$15 takes a pretty reader. SOLD!

812f8Rg.jpg

World of Fantasy 12

Another nice copy. Flat and square, minor general wear, tiny chip and tear upper edge BC. Cover has a tan halo forming. Tiny chip and split upper spine.

Tight spine and CF, offwhite pages.

Asking $50

SeK0K5b.jpg

Flash 175

Second Supes/Flash race!

Nice copy, flat and clean, minor wear, but the CF is loose.

Asking $30

TTWhwDO.jpg

Strange Suspense Stories 16 (first issue of the second run)

Giordano cover, flat, clean, tight spine and CF, small tear upper FC with matching smaller tear on first leaf, two small tears BC. Chip off lower RH corner FC. A pretty copy with good gloss.

Asking $45

t1YOtzJ.jpg

House of Mystery 28

Flat, tight, square, glossy, offwhite - white pages. But there's a dangling chad upper LH FC that's still attached by micrometers, and some annoying little nine year old neatly and lightly penciled in the first two words of the title. Razzafrazzin kids...

EDIT Missed it until I was rebagging, lower staple is pulled. Dammit.

That being said, yours for $40

rv0fF2s.jpg

House of Mystery 28

Flat, tight, square, glossy, offwhite - white pages. But there's a dangling chad upper LH FC that's still attached by micrometers, and some annoying little nine year old neatly and lightly penciled in the first two words of the title. Razzafrazzin kids...

rv0fF2s.jpg

What the heck happens to him at 9 o'clock? :confused:

Juke Box Comics 3

Short vignettes about various music stars. Vic Damone, Count Basie, Harry James, Ella Fitzgerald, Tommy Dorsey, etc.

Nice copy, flat and clean, square, tight spine and CF, good gloss, white pages.

Take it for $40

2Ohtfuq.jpg

House of Mystery 28

rv0fF2s.jpg

What the heck happens to him at 9 o'clock? :confused:

Why, that would be a healthy beating with a blackjack.

Crime Fighters 5

Looks great at first glance being so flat and all, but there's actually about a 1/4" worth of spine roll. Must've been set under something heavy for a while, :D

Some general wear, a bit of light soiling, tight spine and CF, white pages.

Asking $25

L7lq736.jpg

Red Circle Comics 2

Piece of tape at the (single) staple, another matching piece inside, one more outside upper spine, small corner off lower LH BC. Otherwise flat and square, tight enough what with the tape repairs, lol

White pages.

Asking $35

ycVWGaB.jpg

what da heck. i feel bad (not really) for ribbing you across two threads, so :takeit: on this thingie

dammit...I get stuck back in ICU and.....

G'morning!

Three quick Early Birds today, then off for Saturday chores, breakfast, and maybe a toddy or two. (A nap is certainly well within the realm of possibility, lol )

But I'll be back this afternoon and evening with more stuff.

In the meanwhile, let's do this.

Frontline Combat 14

Two small tears upper edge FC, some general wear. Minor Marvel-style chipping upper LH BC, Flat, clean, tight, offwhite - white pages.

Asking $30

HLUTcSU.jpg

Tales of Horror 11

Piece off lower LH FC, matching corner off lower LH BC, lower spine split to the first staple, teeny corner off entire book lower RH, looks like a critter chew to me. Cover has a tan halo all the way around, I believe it's starting to go brittle. Interior has a much lighter halo, still supple. Small water stain lower LH, that may explain the missing pieces. Cover still attached at both staples, tight CF. Nice gloss, flat and clean.

Looks much better, asking straight G, $25 SOLD!

DyAUEAS.jpg

Weird Horrors 1

Now here's a pretty book, with some minor problems.

Light dogear lower RH FC, chip off lower LH FC, tiny chips out upper edge, both FC and BC. Small tears at both staples. 3/4" split upper spine.

There's an odd sort of not-quite-scrape, runs diagonally from Red Robe Guy's right elbow to the upper RH corner, you can baaarely see it in the scan up by the St Johns logo. One of those deals where you have to move the light around to catch it at all.

Flat, clean, glossy, tight, white pages.

Asking $180

2Em6LuC.jpg

Man, it is HOT in the office today. MidMichigan is spiking on a heatwave, and it's over 90 outside, and a bit warmer inside I think.

I'm going to try to get a couple items listed this evening, but not until the sun drops way down and the temperature dips a bit.

Look for something along towards 9 PM or so.

Fox Giant, "Secret Love Stories"

I have no idea what issues are contained here, but the headers on the pages are as follows:

My Love Story

My Love Memoirs

My Past/Thrilling Confessions alternating

My Love Life.

Book is flat and clean, but has that odd rectangular slight discoloration lower FC, chips out upper and lower spine, and one tab of the upper staple is peeking through the BC. Small splits upper and lower spine on BC. There is a bit of difference in page color between the remaindered issues, so let's call it overall cream to offwhite. Small corners off first few leaves upper RH.

Nice package, asking $100

DV2F5sS.jpg

:takeit: pm