• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia Moon Spoon June is CLOSED. Thanks to all!

345 posts in this topic

Tales of Horror 11

Piece off lower LH FC, matching corner off lower LH BC, lower spine split to the first staple, teeny corner off entire book lower RH, looks like a critter chew to me. Cover has a tan halo all the way around, I believe it's starting to go brittle. Interior has a much lighter halo, still supple. Small water stain lower LH, that may explain the missing pieces. Cover still attached at both staples, tight CF. Nice gloss, flat and clean.

Looks much better, asking straight G, $25

DyAUEAS.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Let's get a few items up this morning, shall we?

Tex Morgan 6

Ahh, another example of my fave Marvel bullets, the round one with an ear of wheat. I really like this one.

Book has plenty of general wear, two good sized chips out upper edge FC, half inch tear through spine at lower staple. Still solid, tight spine and CF, offwhite pages, bit of spine roll.

Take an early picture frame cover home for $12

Gbdq0Fr.jpg

:takeit:

Headline 44

Cover loose, pieces out BC along spine, plenty of chipping and pieces out around perimeter of FC, tape inside FC, you name it.

Interior is complete for what it's worth.

Rough reader for $5

The Perfect Crime 19

Cover is chipping off around most of the perimeter, several pieces of tape on spine, interior is tight but the pages are tan. No sign so far of brittle on them.

Rough reader for $5

And I'll take these as well.

Well, I had intended to list some new stuff yesterday, but even at 9:30 PM it was still about 90 degrees outside, and a bit warmer in the office. I went to bed at 10 in the air conditioned bedroom.

HOWEVER. It has cooled off considerably overnight, and even the office is tolerable now.

I'm going to sort out a good blast and try to list 25 or 30 books today. Starting around Ten AM if all goes well, and certainly by Noon. Keep a lookout, some interesting stuff today.

Slab fans might want to take a look at my thread over in Mixed, I have some modern books listed cheap.

World of Fantasy 12

Another nice copy. Flat and square, minor general wear, tiny chip and tear upper edge BC. Cover has a tan halo forming. Tiny chip and split upper spine.

Tight spine and CF, offwhite pages.

Asking $50

SeK0K5b.jpg

OKAY!

John Wayne Adventure Comics 15,. British edition. Dated 1953 on the BC.

Reprints Flash Flood from the Toby series, issue 22, along with a couple unrelated 1 and 2 page stories, could be from GB, could be from USA, none are listed under their current story title in the GCD.

24 pages, all color, including the inside FC and BC. I picked up several of these, the rest are all black and white.

Minor general wear, small corner off lower RH FC

Asking $25

57ub8e4.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 11

Nice Matt Baker cover on a lowgrader that presents well.

Big spine roll, about 1/4", that has been neatly flattened out. Either that, or for some reason the back half of the book was miscut, take your choice. Tape on spine, general wear, cover loose, small pieces out along spine, BC;

Interior is tight, supple cream pages. Sigh...looks good in a mylar...

$30 takes it. SOLD!

EYZWsHr.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 11

Nice Matt Baker cover on a lowgrader that presents well.

Big spine roll, about 1/4", that has been neatly flattened out. Either that, or for some reason the back half of the book was miscut, take your choice. Tape on spine, general wear, cover loose, small pieces out along spine, BC;

Interior is tight, supple cream pages. Sigh...looks good in a mylar...

$30 takes it.

EYZWsHr.jpg

I'll take it!

House of Mystery 55

Oboy! DC ape cover!

Some general wear, touch of transverse spine roll, small split lower spine. Tight spine and CF, white pages.

Take it for $25

vPJGQ0b.jpg

Marvel Tales 141

General wear, some spine roll, no other issues.

Tight spine and CF, cream - offwhite pages.

Asking $45

r4mScfU.jpg

X-Men 94

Structurally solid reader copy of The Big Enchilada

General wear, tape pull on FC, light soiling and dogear BC. A bit wavy, a press would improve this book a bunch.

Tight spine and CF, white pages.

Asking $125

2AIgaL6.jpg

Master Comics 83, British edition

Sixteen pages, newsprint cover, three color print throughout.

Flat and clean, tight, offwhite - white pages, old Comic Kingdom store stamp in margin last page.

Printed by L Miller & Son, London, marked copyright 1947, Fawcett Publications.

Interesting bit of GA fun from Great Britain

Asking $60

fD2mHgz.jpg

Here's one that doesn't pop up too often.

Four Color 1193, The Real McCoys

Spine roll, general wear, small tape inside FC.

Good bit of gloss left, tight spine and CF, offwhite pages.

Take it home for $18

uBVDXNK.jpg