• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

A pair of A's......

TTA35cgc70fc.jpg

TTA35cgc65fc.jpg

Nice books! You need two copies? :baiting:

Sorry brother, I forgot TTA35/36 was on your list of needs! remember i have that lower grade copy with the two spots on the front cover? I actually sent that in for grading, should have back soon.

By the way, the CGC 6.5 sold last night (and so the little guy gets 'nuff respect!)

Edited by roulette44

QUESTION: Why is TTA #27 considered Ant-Man's first appearance? To me, this is like saying Amazing Spiderman #299 is the first appearance of Venom (1st Eddie Brock who later becomes Venom) or that Iron Man #118 is the first appearance of War Machine (1st Jim Rhodes who later becomes War Machine)

Henry Pym, the scientist who later becomes Ant-Man, first appeared in TTA #27....

Ant-Man made his first appearance in TTA #35 :sumo:

2c

Well, given the almost schitzophenic plurality of Hank's costumed personnas, maybe the first appearance of a size-changing scientist named Hank Pym is more important than the 1st Ant-Man. :baiting:

It's kind of like NY Fair '39 amd Adventure 40. Adventure 40 is the book to have, but there's always somene saying "Yeah, but Fair '39 was first..."

QUESTION: Why is TTA #27 considered Ant-Man's first appearance? To me, this is like saying Amazing Spiderman #299 is the first appearance of Venom (1st Eddie Brock who later becomes Venom) or that Iron Man #118 is the first appearance of War Machine (1st Jim Rhodes who later becomes War Machine)

Henry Pym, the scientist who later becomes Ant-Man, first appeared in TTA #27....

2c

Can you please wait for me to get a copy of TTA #35 before you start this hype! lol I need two more super hero comics to have them all (from Marvel)...that being one of them. :baiting:

2c

I completely agree! :applause: