• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, wombat said:

Agreed.  Another BIN for cheap.  They definitely happen as I've been the lucky recipient of more than a few.  Kind of like going to another town into a LCS and finding a hot book for guide.  Congratulations to the buyer.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:07 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Agreed.  Another BIN for cheap.  They definitely happen as I've been the lucky recipient of more than a few.  Kind of like going to another town into a LCS and finding a hot book for guide.  Congratulations to the buyer.

They happen. I saw that one a few hours after it listed and it was gone already. Like I said earlier, they are there but you gotta have a quick trigger finger 👆

On 4/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I saw that one a few hours after it listed and it was gone already.

And it was "Best Offer Accepted."  Why would someone accept a lower offer than they listed within just a few hours?  Patience, people...

On 4/7/2022 at 8:33 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Happens all the time in the big picture of ebay. Lots of people need money yesterday. 

Yeah, but most of those people probly aren't sporting a slabbed 7.5 EERIE #23.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:39 PM, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, but most of those people probly aren't sporting a slabbed 7.5 EERIE #23.

Lots of reasons for people selling books for less than their value- liquidating a loved ones estate, need cash fast, stopped collecting years ago and not current on values, etc.  In any case, it's a great deal that someone got.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:32 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Lots of reasons for people selling books for less than their value

There's a reason for everything, but it's the ones that seem like very low-frequency reasons that intrigue me.

Snap-accepting a lowball offer must have one of those VERY low-frequency reasons behind it.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Lots of reasons for people selling books for less than their value- liquidating a loved ones estate, need cash fast, stopped collecting years ago and not current on values, etc.  In any case, it's a great deal that someone got.

Was that really a good deal? A 7.5 grade for over 200.00. Seems high to me. 

On 4/7/2022 at 10:20 PM, oakman29 said:

Was that really a good deal? A 7.5 grade for over 200.00. Seems high to me. 

It wasn't amazing, but if he was watching that VG copy go for $255 a couple of weeks ago, it probly felt like a bargain.

Nostomania has the F value at $75.90 and the VF value at $218, so something under $208 seems ballpark for a 7.5.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:39 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I think given that 6.0s are selling quickly at $200, a 7.5 should be in the $300-$350 range.  2c

maybe it was the "cream" page quality that kept the price so low...but considering how much it costs to slab one of these things...I have to agree, they got a sweet deal in this current climate

Edited by This is Who We Are

On 4/7/2022 at 10:52 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Warrens are the best of the best when it comes to magazines.

Herd dat.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:41 PM, This is Who We Are said:

considering how much it costs to slab one of these things

Yeah, I guess I was only looking at the value of a raw; didn't consider the added value of having it hermetically sealed so that it could never be read again.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I've sold so many magazines over the years (not @Stevemmg or @The Lions Den levels but still a lot), but I'm glad to see them finally getting the recognition they deserve.  While I still love some comics, increasingly they feel small and less interesting compared to magazines, digests, paperbacks, and pulps.  And Warrens are the best of the best when it comes to magazines.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking I may have to open the vault and run another mag thread soon.  

I still have a STACK of high grade Frazetta cover mags to send to CGC. I just don't see the point right now. Seems like I'd be risking damage to near mint books if they're there too long.