• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revel in History - Post your Platinums Here!!!!
3 3

323 posts in this topic

ComicMonthly-05.jpg

Here is Steve's high grade COMIC MONTHLY - this one with sequential story telling and not four single panels per page like the Goldberg FOOLISH QUESTIONS issue

Stunning copy. I have noticed Tille and Winnie are selling well on ebay at the moment, mainly because I keep getting outbid on mid grade copies mad.gif

Tillies, Winnies, yes, indeed - good stuff, Maynard

Those two titles i have complete

Moon Mullins also sell well on eBay as there a couple of those i still need and keep getting outbid on

I always wondered why there were only 4 Barney Google and Sparkplugs published 1923-1926 as it surely was one of the top 5 newspaper strips what with the International Derby Sparkplug was running in hoopla back in the day

Platinum Age Key --- This is Comic Monthly #1 by Embee, dated January, 1922.

This is one of the most historically important comics of the entire Platinum Age --- the 1st 10 cent monthly newsstand comic book.

1389755-99_1%282%29.jpg

1389755-99_1(2).jpg.35c70e17df15bf243d570d43402973c3.jpg

Edited by showcase-4

CGC75Skeezix1924m.jpg

When I was a kid, I collected baseball cards... they were my first "serious" collectible.

The first baseball card shop that I ever visited was called "Skeezix".

thumbsup2.gif

This is my first pre-GoldenAge book, and one of the

sixteen pre-1930 books that have been CGC graded (current census).

How many Platinum books are folded & stapled like a modern comic?

CGC75Skeezix1924m.jpg

When I was a kid, I collected baseball cards... they were my first "serious" collectible.

The first baseball card shop that I ever visited was called "Skeezix".

thumbsup2.gif

This is my first pre-GoldenAge book, and one of the

sixteen pre-1930 books that have been CGC graded (current census).

How many Platinum books are folded & stapled like a modern comic?

Not seen this before (at all) so thanks for posting.

Earl.

THE #1 PLATINUM AGE COMIC BOOK - The Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats dated 1897. It's historical importance, rarity, and demand is unmatched by any other comic book from this era. I get chills just looking at the images of this great great great book!

1416563-YK.jpg

1416563-YK.jpg.02efa6a6eaaf32238a0e02d0ebb7b49c.jpg

Edited by showcase-4

Here's one I don't think has been posted yet...and most of you have probably never seen or even heard of...but it sure is well known and desirable to Platinum Age collectors! A coverless copy/printing variation sold for $700 in 2002 on Ebay.

Brainy Bowers and Drowsy Duggan from 1905 - the 1st daily newspaper reprint compilation comic book! Extremely rare and condition sensitive due to its virtually paper thin soft cover, this is most likely one of the nicest copies you could find....not that you could find one! This historically signifigant comic book will ultimately be on display at The Victorian Age Comic Book Museum - info found within my website ( listed below )

1497134-brainy001.JPG

1497134-brainy002.JPG

1497134-brainy003.JPG

1497134-brainy003.JPG.1447c071fffdcb0ac3379039373312c9.JPG

You're right Steve, first time viewing for me! Thanks for sharing, and love the mittens.

He's spent so much on "paper goods" that he can't afford to heat his home. Next he'll have to resort to burning Obadiah's in the hearth!

Jack

(great stuff, Steve.)

You're right Steve, first time viewing for me! Thanks for sharing, and love the mittens.

He's spent so much on "paper goods" that he can't afford to heat his home. Next he'll have to resort to burning Obadiah's in the hearth!

Jack

(great stuff, Steve.)

Hey Jack,

I'd throw my kids in the hearth to stay warm before Obadiah Oldbuck!

( prudent thing to do ....children burn slower than paper )