• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Hey Andrew, can you explain your "Horror Crimes" nomination? I've never heard of it, and it isn't in my OPG. (shrug)

I have a collector buddy here in town that had been telling me about it and wanted to know if I had any info on it. He finally sent me a scan of it so I could post it on the boards. It was published in JAN 1955 by Ajax/Farrell and it is the only copy he (me for that matter as well) has seen. I'm thinking it was the last gasp of the Horrific series before the CCA. It appears to be a one shot that has no number on the cover, but in the indicia inside it says HORROR CRIMES #15.

Has anyone else seen one? (shrug)

Thanks, Andrew. Would it be possible for you to put me in contact with your friend here in town? Is he specifically a horror comic collector, or a comic collector in general? I'd love to chat with another local horror comics fan!

Anyway, this is mind blowing if it pans out. Going by the scan I would call BS, because it looks like a photoshop job. However, you say you have seen it up close, and you are ( IMO ) a trusted member of these boards. Do you recall any story titles from the interior?

Who showed you (owned) the book? (shrug)

Also, when you nominated the book, you said you have never seen one, but now you say you have, and even managed to produce a scan. I'm NOT calling you a liar, I've spoken with you personally & consider you a decent guy, but I'm wondering if you are playing a practical joke on us, or maybe the possibility someone has pulled the wool over your eyes? hm

I wish the guy had more :sorry:
Finally grabbed all of the books from his cold, dead hands huh? :P

I heard the hands were chopped off in true Pre-Code style... :gossip:

(shrug) I had heard it was the last punch that was too much :devil:

Nope....nephew inherited them after his death and quickly unloaded them.Wish I inherited stuff like those precodes.

I asked FM to do this and what he came up with was just awesome. The guy has skills.

Why did I do this?

I was just having a little fun after I made a typo in posting the hardest precode to get. I was going to do the inside next. However, the very kind posts from Shiverbones and Precode Keith about my trustworthiness made me feel guilty. :blush: So I had to quickly come clean.

Sure does sound like a precode title hm

reveal.gif

:gossip:

HAW!

How many copies of this scarce treasure have shown up on ebay this weekend?

Where did the Crimes font come from? I did a quick survey of Crime logos and didn't see it. From a pulp?

Jack

I asked FM to do this and what he came up with was just awesome. The guy has skills.

Why did I do this?

I was just having a little fun after I made a typo in posting the hardest precode to get. I was going to do the inside next. However, the very kind posts from Shiverbones and Precode Keith about my trustworthiness made me feel guilty. :blush: So I had to quickly come clean.

reveal.gif

:gossip:

Why did I do this?

I'm going to say something good about you just so I can take it back over this little stunt. :baiting: