• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

Did they come bagged?

Polybagged

I brought up when they first said this that the DC foils that were polybagged, and I was basically told "different cover stocks, etc". Yet it would appear I was dead on that the books would suffer.

Be prepared for spine damage and color breaking on the Dell'Otto variants.

Received mine yesterday and not happy !!!

Is the only option to send back for a refund?

Yes. No extra copies to exchange (as they say ....... :roflmao:)

From what I understand the polybagging was a mistake that they didn't want.
That also occurred with the Ghost Rider

Yes, and they did send an email saying they could remove from polybag before sending...though not sure what that would have done. Creasing was already there and apparently there are "no replacements".

From what I understand the polybagging was a mistake that they didn't want.

Yes i believe they wanted the books regular bagged and boreded. they got polybagged, live and learn i guess. im sure moving forward they will adjust to whats best. Just wish the trial and error was not on such a great dell otto cover.

It's unfortunate that two people from cbsi jumped all over me here when I tried warning people about the condition of these books. As someone else said a few replies above me, I wasn't talking out of my butt.

Anyone else know why only the cbsi guys seemed to have an issue with me being open and honest about the condition of these books? I've now read that not only is one of their admins splitting the cost of the entire print run, but I've also seen people on other boards talking about cbsi admins being involved and making money on the guaranteed 9.8 CBCS group they have and this set was one they had a 9.8 guarantee for. Someone also sent a link for a top 10 list that cbsi does and #1 was the Venom Dell'Otto Secret cover.

Are all 3 of the above issues considered normal and/or fair? Just seems like a possible conflict of interest.

It's unfortunate that two people from cbsi jumped all over me here when I tried warning people about the condition of these books. As someone else said a few replies above me, I wasn't talking out of my butt.

Anyone else know why only the cbsi guys seemed to have an issue with me being open and honest about the condition of these books? I've now read that not only is one of their admins splitting the cost of the entire print run, but I've also seen people on other boards talking about cbsi admins being involved and making money on the guaranteed 9.8 CBCS group they have and this set was one they had a 9.8 guarantee for. Someone also sent a link for a top 10 list that cbsi does and #1 was the Venom Dell'Otto Secret cover.

Are all 3 of the above issues considered normal and/or fair? Just seems like a possible conflict of interest.

Frankies & CBSI are in bed together.

Very bad business practices and a conflict of interest.

Edited by Candletric

New to some of this, does that mean that CBSI gets first dibs on any of the books that are likely to grade 9.8 before they get sent out to the customers?

Kind of like a guy using G+ to spread racist rants and stalks women whom have no interest in them. Oops that's you.

Try harder next time.

Kind of like a guy using G+ to spread racist rants and stalks women whom have no interest in them. Oops that's you.

Try harder next time.

You have me confused with someone else. Sorry bud.

Try harder next time.

No Kyle Robinson, I don't have the wrong person. You are all over the place internet wise.....you should chose to use a better firewall too. Noob.

Try harder next time.

No Kyle Robinson, I don't have the wrong person. You are all over the place internet wise.....you should chose to use a better firewall too. Noob.

Ha, well, duh. That's me. But you still have me confused with someone else.

And if you thinking about hacking me, btw my firewall is far beyond what you have, that's a whole different territory for authorities to get involved.

And a new low for you.

Edited by Candletric