• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

Furthermore I can't see myself ever buying anything from Frankies after this mess. Seems like a scam, you get the books while we cherry pick the good ones first. I'm good on that .

I like how the eBay listings for the variant either do not state a specified grade and just say "in a polybag" to avoid describing said condition, or post close-up pictures while in a polybag but don't show the middle of the cover -- where all the damage occurs.

Furthermore I can't see myself ever buying anything from Frankies after this mess. Seems like a scam, you get the books while we cherry pick the good ones first. I'm good on that .

I like how the eBay listings for the variant either do not state a specified grade and just say "in a polybag" to avoid describing said condition, or post close-up pictures while in a polybag but don't show the middle of the cover -- where all the damage occurs.

Pre sales with Guaranteed grades by people in this thread should keep it up.

To be fair, I've had nothing but NM+ books from Frankie's thus far, I've ordered maybe 8-10 books from them. Hoping this is an isolated incident.

The CBSI 9.8 club is a great question, hopefully they (Frankies/SadLemon) just sent them their alotted books without cherry picking, but there is no way to know for sure. That should just be the risk the 9,8 club has to take on 500 print run books....there's no guarantee.....that's why I'm paying you 2-3x (minumum) the cost of slabbing myself. If you can not attain all promised 9.8s, issue a refund and apologize.

Something tells me they cherry picked though, because I have heard NO mention or concern on the G+ page as to the damage which, so far, 90-100% of public orders have...

That said, I received my color/b&w set yesterday, no color breaking creases, and the B&W looks to be NM+, it has some ripples along the spine, but nothing that wont press out.

Again, the damage issue is NOT from Frankies but from the distributor. A poor decision from the distributor to send the books polybagged to Frankies.

Exactly, but I've heard several people swearing off all shops involved. I just wanted to counter point that's it's probably a one time time deal, and I've had a good experience with them so far, and say that mine arrived in better condition than most, though the color is probably a 9.4. Really unfortunate this is happening on their hottest book yet! I kind of wish for a partial refund, but don't want to ask because I understand it's just a crappy situation.

Aces and eights, the dead man's hand :banana:

:golfclap:

Pre sales with Guaranteed grades by people in this thread should keep it up.

You keep harping on pre-sales. The CBSI grading club IS PRE-SALES.

That's for a guaranteed graded 9.8 though, slightly different than random ebayers selling raw books. Not a bad option for store variants honestly, HOW they received Venom is the main concern here. Which, again, is not going to be confirmed either way. No one can prove they cherry picked, and no one can prove they didn't.

Edited by Hickok8AA8

That's for a guaranteed graded 9.8 though, slightly different than random ebayers selling raw books. Not a bad option for store variants honestly, HOW they received Venom is the main concern here. Which, again, is not going to be confirmed either way. No one can prove they cherry picked, and no one can prove they didn't.

We need a whistleblower..........

5 freaking copies for a grading club and you guys lose your stuff and make up lies so yeah, kinda messed up on this witch hunt. I am poking fun at the people here who pre-sold at high prices, whom also complain in the MHU thread about pumping and dumping. You guys here at CGC used to be respected, but now you accuse others of doing things they aren't doing because your ability to manipulate CGC sales is diminishing.

Stop the hypocrisy.

Umm, wouldn't cherry picking be a necessity in order to guarantee a 9.8 grade? At the very least, I would assume the seller would inspect the books to make sure they make the grade before shipping them out.

I have absolutely nothing against the practice of selling guaranteed 9.8s for a higher price. If someone is willing to pay for that privilege, then that's their purview. Heck, CGC slabs sell for higher than raws because of the condition guarantee. What would be abhorrent is if someone sold a 9.8 guaranteed raw at a much higher than normal price and it's really just a 9.6 or 9.4.

Is it true that Frankies won't replace the damaged books? I want NM copies, not a refund? I paid when it was first released and have waited, kind of a bummer to get NM- books.

IIRC 9.2 was the only claim made by the retailers offering it. I will gladly take your 9.2 for what you paid.

Is it true that Frankies won't replace the damaged books? I want NM copies, not a refund? I paid when it was first released and have waited, kind of a bummer to get NM- books.

IIRC 9.2 was the only claim made by the retailers offering it. I will gladly take your 9.2 for what you paid.

I have to tell you, if theres one thing I never cared for on this forum is jerks. It must be REALLY awesome to be able to come here and just exhibit an insanely pompous attitude and expect everyone to put up with it. I don't understand why you feel the need to be so rude.