• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

42 pages in but I have to ask? Was the book a good read? Maybe nobody reads anymore and they just stare at the cover art...

Sad isn't it. :(

I hope its for the art, and not for a perception of "investment"

isn't this whole thread just about store variants? No long term value in store variants, even if they make the print run 10, or 1. Using popular artists, good art, virgin covers to hide the store logo, etc, doesnt change what it is.

Almost everywhere these are talked about, shown, or sold, no one says "store variant" or shows the "back cover"....

PS

Also, love that cBSi, lists their own store variant as the top book of their top 10 list. the lulz

I picked up a couple regular covers. I like the new character (Priest) and hope he stays for a while.

I give the story. 7 out of ten.

Oh btw.I would never buy this store variant. I'm not an investor or flipper. The price is to much for me to buy for the art.

In my opinion it's offensive to be charged 40+ bucks for a new book because it's a "limited variant"

...unless it's part of an actual print run from the company.

how many took the books out of the poly bag?

I would recommend everyone take them out of the polybag. The polybag and board are not acid free and will ruin the book over time. Plus a lot of these books seemed to have back cover damage and it's impossible to know whether yours do without opening.

Plus you need to remove in order to grade.

42 pages in but I have to ask? Was the book a good read? Maybe nobody reads anymore and they just stare at the cover art...

Sad isn't it. :(

I hope its for the art, and not for a perception of "investment"

isn't this whole thread just about store variants? No long term value in store variants, even if they make the print run 10, or 1. Using popular artists, good art, virgin covers to hide the store logo, etc, doesnt change what it is.

Almost everywhere these are talked about, shown, or sold, no one says "store variant" or shows the "back cover"....

PS

Also, love that cBSi, lists their own store variant as the top book of their top 10 list. the lulz

I picked up a couple regular covers. I like the new character (Priest) and hope he stays for a while.

I give the story. 7 out of ten.

Oh btw.I would never buy this store variant. I'm not an investor or flipper. The price is to much for me to buy for the art.

In my opinion it's offensive to be charged 40+ bucks for a new book because it's a "limited variant"

...unless it's part of an actual print run from the company.

I paid a decent penny for the variant but it was the Mcfarlane 1 per store variant and the book was flawless, really hoping for a 9.8 on this.

I enjoyed Issue #1. It wasn't something super epic, but it's not a bad intro issue. We'll see how it goes.

The vibe seems somewhat early Punisher MAX a bit. A Venom MAX series would be interesting.

Anyone see the Dell'Otto cover to issue 3. It's flipping astonishing.
I did, immediately regret not buying the virgin as it will be sick!

It's still available on sad lemon's site as a 3 set, B&W, Color and Virgin set.