• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

I'm impressed by all the love for Lone Ranger in this thread. And rightfully so, since many featured excellent covers.

Here are a few of my favorite gray tone covers.

loneranger2794.jpg

loneranger18.jpg

loneranger29.jpg

Lone Ranger #8 is one of my favorites in the run. An origin issue and the first of the Indian back covers.

Lone%20Ranger%208_zpsluvd1fqr.jpg

Love it. Great copy :thumbsup:

For those liking gradient coloring - Chip'n'Dale # 23 -

Chip%20N%20Dale%2023_zpsyryfkyve.jpg

I'm impressed by all the love for Lone Ranger in this thread. And rightfully so, since many featured excellent covers.

loneranger2794.jpg

loneranger18.jpg

loneranger29.jpg

The grey tones are my favorite covers of the title.

These are great examples and obviously spectacular copies.

loneranger2794.jpg

loneranger18.jpg

loneranger29.jpg

Very nice! I wonder what the stamp on the 27 signifies? hm

Killer! :applause:

loneranger2794.jpg

loneranger18.jpg

loneranger29.jpg

biwBaM2.jpg

Here's a scan of my own copy:

24-06-2012111938PM.jpg

Rocky and Bullwinkle remain two of my very favourite cartoon characters. Unfortunately for the purposes of this thread, their Dell appearances are mostly in the Four Color title.

:(

Time to dive into a couple of more Disney boxes this morning in search of some oddball non Four Color Dells. I wasn't dissappointed. First up is another flea market find in half decent shape. I remember buying this one as a kid and enjoying the stories inside. And talk about wacky crossovers; there's even a story with Goofy, Brer Fox, Brer Wolf and the Three Little Pigs!

The 10/30 arrival date is timely too!

The indicia repeats the multi number code on the cover. This book would likely have been a four color but wasn't issued that way.

165466.jpg.91302678feb42d4336c1f100a4b8f1ff.jpg

165467.jpg.3d7b51ab19ff23ee6b0774512fc44797.jpg

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

Then onto another flea market find but this one from a dealer as on the inside cover there is a penciled 25 cents price and on the front page a 50 cents mark. Rampant inflation in the flea market world of the early seventies!

This is Ludwig #3; I'd forgotten he had his own series. He's backed up in stories with Donald, Huey Dewey and Louie, Scrooge, Daisy, April May and June, Gyro and even the Beagle Boys show up!

Finally, the page quality of these books hold up quite well. Dell didn't chintz out on production costs.

165468.jpg.11fd9f3ec7977ab6afaf63c180d2d617.jpg