• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill Alert2....

469 posts in this topic

You'll never be more then a thief here as long as I'm around to remind everyone every chance I get.

I just finished reading this entire thread, and got that FD shilled his auctions, but what's up with kilt and thievery?

Is he offering up stolen goods or something, since he seems to have a lot of "friends" and "brothers" who drop by and leave all manner of valuable items when they leave.

If you haven't seen it Tango.

Kiltman's Shilling

I have taught you well, UV. I was just coming back to post the link, when I see that you beat me to it. frustrated.gif
Thank you oh wise and great one hail.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=802049&an=0&page=0#802049

I had a friend who gave me his stuff because he couldnt take it with him to Hong Kong. That doesnt constitute theft. yeahok.gif

You little bltch, that is not why you have lost respect for the board. Apparently you have not learned a thing from what was said and really deserve to be thrashed on the boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=802049&an=0&page=0#802049

I had a friend who gave me his stuff because he couldnt take it with him to Hong Kong. That doesnt constitute theft. yeahok.gif

You little bltch, that is not why you have lost respect for the board. Apparently you have not learned a thing from what was said and really deserve to be thrashed on the boards.

huh? I was giving him the link to the thread about my ex shilling. And stating that my friends stuff had nothign to do with anything liek stealing! Geez. Believe me ive learned my lesson. Big time.

blush.gif893whatthe.gif

The consigned book was purchased and returned TWICE. If you'd like to buy it, Marc Nathan at Cards, Comics and Collectibles has it currently. His sticker price is much higher than the sell price to either of my buyers. I can probably get it for you, if you'd like to have it.

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry actually. You have a point, what i said probably did not come out very clear. What i meant was My friend giving me his stuff to keep was not theft. My apologies for bad sentance structure.

gossip.gif Pssst... Kilt.. why dont ya just take the day/week off.

Come back after awhile.. this aint doing you any service posting like this.

Ze-

Ze-

Instead of whispering like Ze (who is a nice person) I'll speak a little more clearly so that Kilt can understand the accent. TOODLES.

IF you must post with the same intensity as a Rabbit on his honeymoon, why don't you start your 347th new thread. So when we all see " GREGGY'S FAVORITE ICE CREAM " we'll know to avoid it. sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Ze-

Instead of whispering like Ze (who is a nice person) I'll speak a little more clearly so that Kilt can understand the accent. TOODLES.

IF you must post with the same intensity as a Rabbit on his honeymoon, why don't you start your 347th new thread. So when we all see " GREGGY'S FAVORITE ICE CREAM " we'll know to avoid it. sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Can i sum it up more bluntly?

[#@$%!!!] OFF

GREGGY'S FAVORITE ICE CREAM " we'll know to avoid it. sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

And I am NOT nice... sumo.gif

Now back ON topic.. WTF was it we were talking about?

Oh yeah... FD likes to keep bidding in the family.

Ze-

yarr...this board she be a harsh mistress indeed. best be taking yer wares and yer questions elsewhere laddie. it be for the best, and ye'll be leavin on yer own terms, rather then shouted off the boards altogether. perhaps some day, ye might be able to come back, but i've a feeling these lads have long memories. arrr

Now that I've had time to digest this all...

Everybody makes mistakes...NO ONE is foolproof. I happen to think three years of solid upstanding contributions and behavior outweighs a single indiscretion (unless someone can pull something else up, I believe that). I really dislike shilling and have been especially hard on others for it. But they usually are repeat offenders and lack FD's great track record of both being an honest seller and a person who makes this Forum a better place. He made a mistake. This is a case where prior rep has to be taken into consideration and, in my opinion, trumps the sole unfortunate decision.

Jim

To me, seeing something like FD shilling his auctions makes me wonder how many other times this has happened. I also think I would be more agreeable with your POV if he had not lied about the shilling and tried to cover it up. That definitely makes me think twice.

Ok, back on target...

Get the wood out and let's burn Dan. He's a shilling bastig and deserves to be deleted from the face of the earth. Ok, all kidding aside, here's my take on this and how it differs from the Kiltman shilling...

Kiltman did his shilling in the name of increasing the money he will get on auctions. Profit for him. That's a major no-no and is theft. Dan tells us, on the other hand, he had his auction shilled but did so with the intention of not selling the item at all (I will take his word for this). This is very different than shilling for profit. In fact this type of activity used to be within the rules of eBay (to some extent). They used to allow the seller to place a single bid on an item they were selling. Of course this got abused to hell and they pulled that.

Could Dan have handled this better -- sure. He could have canceled the auction or he could have placed a reserve. Either would have been the proper thing to do. Instead he broke the rules. However, this is the only time AFAIK.

So here's what should happen IMO. Dan should be slapped on the wrist and a note should be placed in his permanent record. Then he should contact the bidders and tell them what he did, relist the item with no resereve and keep his shills at bay.

Just my opinion.