• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill Alert2....

469 posts in this topic

My brother threw a bid to protect a sales price for a book I was consigning. There was NO shilling involved - he put a bid on a book. I suppose if he sent me the $81 it would be OK with everybody.

Donut,

Why not just set a reserve for the auction? Or if the auction was already in motion, why not cancel it? confused-smiley-013.gif

mad.gifMore important!!!!!!!!!

Booty shakers have been retired

sorry.gifsorry.gif

It was in another thread, some people saying they felt it was only meant for the babe test thread. I personaly l don't mind them but i understand if you have kids or a wife peering over your shoulder why people wouldnt want them randomly popping up.

Can someone explain what the Chinese comic has to do with all this? And if the brother wanted the comic, what's the problem? Family aren't allowed to bid on single auctions? If this was the only auction, I don't see the pattern...

Did the brother indeed want the comic?

Jim

I dunno: Did Paul want the book at $45? At $55? At $60? 65? How about $75? 81.01? And if he wanted the book from his bro, why make FD pay eBay fees to get it to him? After all, they must be on speaking terms, as Paul or his wife translated that Chinese comic for FD to post the results here.

Look: I'm not a fan of the witchhunt genre on these boards, but this is a pretty flagrant violation, especially coming within a day of Kiltman's own mea culpa. The way to recover from this is (to use a favorite Flying-Donut-ism) "sack up" and give the underbidder johnbhill the book for his initial bid of $75.01 minus an additional token discount to compensate for the five shill bids Paul threw before the eventual underbidder even weighed in.

My brother threw a bid to protect a sales price for a book I was consigning. There was NO shilling involved - he put a bid on a book. I suppose if he sent me the $81 it would be OK with everybody.

Donut,

Why not just set a reserve for the auction? Or if the auction was already in motion, why not cancel it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because he is a cheap ?

My brother threw a bid to protect a sales price for a book I was consigning. There was NO shilling involved - he put a bid on a book.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't throwing in bids to "protect" (inflate) the sales price the very definition of shilling (whether done by you or by someone else who's in on it)???? IMO, shilling doesn't have to be done by the person selling the item(s).

If he had wanted the book and was bidding to win, he would have been just another bidder, but because he did it for the purpose of "protecting the sale price", it was shilling, IMO.

Your attempt to downplay being found out says a lot. This is very, very disappointing. You've done so many successful auctions in the past and earned such a good reputation around here - why resort to arranged shilling when you could have just put a reserve on it to "protect the sale price"?

Sadly, this is also why I only bid up to the amount I want to pay for an auction, regardless of who's running the auction. Looks like we can't trust people just because we post on the same message board as them. Can't afford to be the next victim.

You have gone awful quiet Oldguy. I thought you would have some input on this whole thing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Listen you little cunnt thief, I happen to work for a living so at 2:45 AM I'm usually asleep and I rarely read the boards from home anyway.

It upsets me that FD shilled his auction. If he was worried about the final price he should have just pulled it. At least that way he's not ripping anyone off.

I have to lump him in with the rest of the thieves now and pass on his auctions.

As for you Kilt, you just need to STFU because the little bit of credibility you may have once had here is gone for ever. You'll never be more then a thief here as long as I'm around to remind everyone every chance I get.

ko·lac·ky Audio pronunciation of "Kolache" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-lächk, kläch-) or ko·la·che (k-läch, klä-)

n. pl. kolacky, or kolache also ko·la·ches

A sweet bun made from yeasted dough and usually having a fruit or poppy seed filling.

For those like me who had to look up what a Kolache was. Must be an american thing confused-smiley-013.gif

You'll never be more then a thief here as long as I'm around to remind everyone every chance I get.

I just finished reading this entire thread, and got that FD shilled his auctions, but what's up with kilt and thievery?

Is he offering up stolen goods or something, since he seems to have a lot of "friends" and "brothers" who drop by and leave all manner of valuable items when they leave.

You'll never be more then a thief here as long as I'm around to remind everyone every chance I get.

I just finished reading this entire thread, and got that FD shilled his auctions, but what's up with kilt and thievery?

Is he offering up stolen goods or something, since he seems to have a lot of "friends" and "brothers" who drop by and leave all manner of valuable items when they leave.

If you haven't seen it Tango.

Kiltman's Shilling

If you haven't seen it Tango.

Kiltman's Shilling

I have taught you well, UV. I was just coming back to post the link, when I see that you beat me to it. frustrated.gif