• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill Alert2....

469 posts in this topic

Okay, now someone tell me what the [#@$%!!!] is going on?

There are some things we were never meant to know.

angel.gif

angel.gif

mad.gif The truth is out there!

Yes, you are right.

But what are the odds against finding "truth" on a comic message board?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

angel.gif

mad.gif The truth is out there!

Yes, you are right.

But what are the odds against finding "truth" on a comic message board?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Good point.

Trying is still fun though!

I think I figured it out:

Posted by FlyingDonut 11/21/02 :

NAME: Dan cusimano

Posdted by FlyingDonut 11/11/02 :

FlyingDonut = dcusimano@usa.net

Been on so long, never changed my name from my email name!

Posted by FlyingDonut 8/17/04 :

Saturday: I’m going to the Cubs game. My brother has season tickets, so my dad and I pile into the car and drive down there.

Posted by FlyingDonut 2/23/05 :

My brother is the development director for the Chinese American Service League in Chicago. Let me know what you're looking for in the way of Chinese in Chicago, he'll hook you up with the good stuff.

Ergo, Dan and Paul are brothers.

Yep, you guys all got me, gosh, its good to be the target of a Sherlock Holmes witchhunt! Guess you'll have to get out the stocks for me now boys!

My brother threw a bid to protect a sales price for a book I was consigning. There was NO shilling involved - he put a bid on a book. I suppose if he sent me the $81 it would be OK with everybody.

I figured there was not any point in explaining it here, because the long knives were already out. The fact that the book was never sold, no money was exchanged and is still available to buy from my consignee appears to be irrelevant to everybody here.

But you all knew that, and the circle jerk has just been wonderful. Good to see the mob turn on itself. See you around.

Even if shilling the auction wasn't wrong (which it was), you lying about it after being asked a direct question has shot your credibility. You got busted. Don't cry about it now or turn this around by saying it was a "witchhunt", especially when the vast majority of the people here were willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Yep, you guys all got me, gosh, its good to be the target of a Sherlock Holmes witchhunt! Guess you'll have to get out the stocks for me now boys!

Geez...you "busted my chops" in the marketplace because I mentioned CGC in auctions for several of my raw books. They were my first comic auctions that I had ever listed. Seems kind of tame (although now I understand that it is inappropriate) to me compared to shilling...

Can someone explain what the Chinese comic has to do with all this? And if the brother wanted the comic, what's the problem? Family aren't allowed to bid on single auctions? If this was the only auction, I don't see the pattern...

Did the brother indeed want the comic?

Jim

My brother threw a bid to protect a sales price for a book I was consigning. There was NO shilling involved - he put a bid on a book. I suppose if he sent me the $81 it would be OK with everybody.

Did you really just say..

" My Brother threw a bid to protect my sales of a book"???... did you really just say that?

foreheadslap.gif

Having a family member protect a consignment is called shilling last time I checked. Am I right?

So for the love of pete.. do not try and spin this as an attempt to hunt you unjustly as a Broom Hilda

The facts are there to read.

You left the paper trail to follow.

Either get better are explaining yourself, or get better at hiding the trail.

Loser

Ze-

frankly, i think the anger at FD is a bit, no disrespect intended, overblown.

some of you guys have known FD for what, two, three years now, and you think this one auction shoots his rep down to nothing?

i dunno. i've seen a lot of evidence that points to this being an abberation. even though i think that putting a book on consignment on ebay isn't perhaps the best thing to do from a business perspective - i mean you are just asking to take a loss here - having his brother protect the price isn't really anything to kick the guy to the curb over.

The shilling bothers me, but not as much as the lying done afterwards. If it was an abberation (and it probably was) at least have the balls to come clean about it after being accused. Had he done that, I really don't think anyone would have cared. I know I wouldn't have been that angry.....and I was one of the people who bid on the [#@$%!!!] book (the first time it was listed).

Yeah the explanation doesn't sit great with me either. I wonder if this might be a situation where the full explanation would have taken a lot more time than FD ultimately thought it was worth in the beginning, and now that he's taken a beating, his pride and or anger is preventing him from full disclosure. And I say that with trepidation, as there seems to be a lot of supposition and ad hoc attribution being done on this board which I would rather keep at arm's length.

Either way, it's like OG - or rob_react, i seem to mix them up for some reason - said, it's not going to stop me from bidding on his auctions in the future, although I can't begrudge anyone from holding a differing mindset

Yeah the explanation doesn't sit great with me either. I wonder if this might be a situation where the full explanation would have taken a lot more time than FD ultimately thought it was worth in the beginning, and now that he's taken a beating, his pride and or anger is preventing him from full disclosure. And I say that with trepidation, as there seems to be a lot of supposition and ad hoc attribution being done on this board which I would rather keep at arm's length.

Either way, it's like OG - or rob_react, i seem to mix them up for some reason - said, it's not going to stop me from bidding on his auctions in the future, although I can't begrudge anyone from holding a differing mindset

You could be right. I commented before that I have an extremely low tolerance for eBay mischief (and lies), so chalk up some of what I say, and have said, to that. I have drawn my own conclusions and others should as well. When all is said and done, I doubt many people will end up caring very much...or at least won't say so here. I DO however, and I definitely won't be considering his future eBay offerings.

I doubt many people will end up caring very much...or at least won't say so here.

So THAT is why you are straddling this fence so adroitly.... headbang.gif

Edit... Tober changed the end of his post to make my partial quote appear a bit over zealous... well ok I am.. but still ....Fire!!.. bad Fire!!!.. I knew I shoulda quoted your whole post!!

I doubt many people will end up caring very much...or at least won't say so here.

So THAT is why you are straddling this fence so adroitly.... headbang.gif

27_laughing.gif Fence-straddling, equivocation and obfuscation are what my previous three years of training have been all about. Besides, I have learned that it pays to be semi-diplomatic on these boards....always leave yourself outs and watch your .