• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
5 5

524 posts in this topic

Jennifer Garner is picking up Elektra’s sai once again.

After a nearly twenty-year hiatus, the actress is returning to the role of Marvel Comics’ assassin anti-heroine for Deadpool 3, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The Marvel Studios’ production is currently shooting with Ryan Reynolds reprising his fan-favorite part of the fourth wall-breaking Merc with a Mouth. Hugh Jackman has come out of Marvel retirement to play Wolverine once again.

Shawn Levy is in the director’s chair with the project to be the first movie that will feature a character, or in this case, two or three or more, from the stable that once belonged to Twentieth Century Fox. Fox owned several silos of Marvel’s characters before its acquisition by Disney in 2019 brought the movie rights to the characters back into Marvel proper.   

Elektra.jpg.f184e013d2ea252960bebb4f0041e155.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

Jennifer Garner...:cloud9:

Part of me thinks that Deadpool 3 is one gigantic troll experiment. It's like there's always been news for years, but we never get the movie.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 7/10/2023 at 11:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

Then you may want to cover your eyes now. As this was posted by Ryan Reynolds.

deadpool-3.thumb.jpg.2045e9542607a530e67edca0c9d8b929.jpg

:whatthe:

It's odd seeing the suit with long sleeves. I wonder if they didn't give him enough time to get jacked, so they've covered his arms up? 

On 7/10/2023 at 11:32 AM, Cman429 said:

The classic costume looking awesome finally puts an end to Bryan Singer’s lame “we dressed the xmen in black leather not bc it’s my weird fetish but because bright colors look bad on the big screen” excuse from way back in 2000’s X-Men

I don't think that costume designers could have got it right in 2000. Just look at Superman Returns (2006) vs Man of Steel (2013). We've come a long way in costume design.

On 7/10/2023 at 11:32 AM, Cman429 said:

The classic costume looking awesome finally puts an end to Bryan Singer’s lame “we dressed the xmen in black leather not bc it’s my weird fetish but because bright colors look bad on the big screen” excuse from way back in 2000’s X-Men

On 7/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't think that costume designers could have got it right in 2000. Just look at Superman Returns (2006) vs Man of Steel (2013). We've come a long way in costume design.

Yeah, comparing 2000 (X-Men) and 2003 (X2) to years later with what other studios pulled off is not factoring in costume and CGI progress. It's part of what made James Cameron walk away from his early Spider-Man production. The technology to make it all come together just was not there yet.

On 7/10/2023 at 11:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

Then you may want to cover your eyes now. As this was posted by Ryan Reynolds.

deadpool-3.thumb.jpg.2045e9542607a530e67edca0c9d8b929.jpg

:whatthe:

Or is it a reference to a return of Fan Bingbing - remember Blink made 'portals' in DOFP (also a time travelling flick) - and the suit is retro.....

Bingbing did sign a 3 movie deal. Maybe Blink is returning

Very specific word 'Blink'.

She was a great character as well - loved DOFP

Stock up on those #317's!

Edited by Beige