• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
5 5

524 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, D2 said:

I mean, yes, I know what you mean.

Maybe... that's pretty :censored: ripped though. Like, that's stage performance lean. And if you are a gym guy like I am a gym guy, then you know there are also all sorts of different GH support and products that focus on different needs.

So it's, plausible, he was on some kind of hormone supplement, especially at his age to look THAT good, to assist in that physique. 

True, he did have an entire team and legion of people to help with his diet, routine, workout, sleep... everything, life.

Still... if I saw a guy at the gym looking like THAT... I mean...

hm

I'm sure that in his 40's/50's he had to take something to not want to sleep 12 hours a day. Caffeine, creatine, vitamins, minerals, whatever. He doesn't maintain that figure longer than shooting, though. Jackman has always seemed to have a great work ethic, too. So, I'm simply assuming that he's smart enough to avoid a cycle of steroids just for film.

On the topic of physique, and even 300 that we were talking about earlier: I was told a long time ago that the abs were mostly CGI, and I believed it for the longest time (even though they look real in a 2006 movie). I recently discovered some articles about how Butler and cast got in shape, and that makeup was used to enhance their true physiques.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:45 PM, media_junkie said:

Also I think (think mind you) I read where in an interview he said before filming a shot like the one posted (pretty much anytime he was shirltess) he would be on a "dehydration" cycle to make the effects even more pronounced.  Or I could just be making mess up in my head, I don't know.

Jackman, Cavill, and others have come out in recent years to share how grueling those shoots are. 3 days of dehydration? Hard pass.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:54 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm sure that in his 40's/50's he had to take something to not want to sleep 12 hours a day. Caffeine, creatine, vitamins, minerals, whatever. He doesn't maintain that figure longer than shooting, though. Jackman has always seemed to have a great work ethic, too. So, I'm simply assuming that he's smart enough to avoid a cycle of steroids just for film.

On the topic of physique, and even 300 that we were talking about earlier: I was told a long time ago that the abs were mostly CGI, and I believed it for the longest time (even though they look real in a 2006 movie). I recently discovered some articles about how Butler and cast got in shape, and that makeup was used to enhance their true physiques.

Yes that's true. I also heard/read the same thing with the CGI bodies for 300.

I guess it further emphasizes the idea that, Hugh Jackman could have very well, achieved that body naturally, albeit with an insane workout routine and discipline. It's the idea that, we all know that Hollywood isn't honest with these things. 

Some actors use, some actors don't, but it's all under the veil of this belief that this is achievable, naturally, when, sometimes it isn't.

So back to point with HJ, yes, lighting is a major factor, and now they have CGI, which I don't know, if that played a factor or not.

I guess my final remark is this. There is NO WAY IN HELL, *I* will ever be able to look as good as Hugh, without major drug use lol

On 4/5/2023 at 12:58 PM, D2 said:

I guess my final remark is this. There is NO WAY IN HELL, *I* will ever be able to look as good as Hugh, without major drug use lol

Same, because it's torture if you've ever tasted good food in your life.

There are fitness bros out there who will admit that they're scared to try a cheeseburger, or pizza, because they currently only view food as energy.

On 4/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Same, because it's torture if you've ever tasted good food in your life.

There are fitness bros out there who will admit that they're scared to try a cheeseburger, or pizza, because they currently only view food as energy.

Yeah that's crazy to me. There was a woman at a gym I used to attend, she was a steady winner in her division, ripped, jacked, and just lived there. She often commented on how she was there early morning, and late evening, so twice a day.

Her eating routine was something that did not interest me whatsoever. I saw her fridge in a picture and it looked like a lab.

On 4/22/2023 at 7:27 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Is that real? There is so much made-up garbage on YouTube, I’ve given up trying to find “official” trailers.

I searched YT for an official teaser and can't find anything, so I'm not even going to bother watching that video.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:18 PM, pemart1966 said:

Is TJ Miller back?

Not at this time. There's been nothing mentioned since the blowup between Miller and Reynolds last year.

T.J. Miller says Ryan Reynolds reached out to him over misunderstood Deadpool comments

It seems that T.J. Miller and Ryan Reynolds have since cleared the air. The comedian was a guest on SiriusXM’s Jim Norton & Sam Roberts show and said that Reynolds had contacted him to straighten things out.

“It was a misunderstanding,” Miller said. “So I emailed him back, and now it’s fine… It was very cool for him to say, ‘Hey, you know, I just heard on the show that you were upset about this.’ And I kind of said, ‘You know, I’m not,’ and then we sort of just hashed it out really quickly.” Miller added that he “didn’t think I had said anything that was that negative” and feels bad that his statements were “misconstrued” by the media.

"He is so funny, which I always maintained, and he is so amazing in those movies and so that was kind of it, you know? It’s so funny. I said all of these complimentary things, and none of that shows up."

On 5/21/2023 at 5:38 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not at this time. There's been nothing mentioned since the blowup between Miller and Reynolds last year.

T.J. Miller says Ryan Reynolds reached out to him over misunderstood Deadpool comments

Yup - last I read about that was, as you posted, that they had cleared the air which to me should mean that there's nothing standing in the way of him being in 3.  So far though, nary a word.  Shame if he isn't in it IMO.

How far along is shooting ?  

Edited by pemart1966

On 5/21/2023 at 8:48 AM, pemart1966 said:

Yup - last I read about that was, as you posted, that they had cleared the air which to me should mean that there's nothing standing in the way of him being in 3.  So far though, nary a word.  Shame if he isn't in it IMO.

How far along is shooting ?