• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Holiday Raffle!

1,275 posts in this topic

I was in the 90s two different years, actually 110 one year and still got nice items. Watching the raffle live with the live commentary is by far my favorite board moment each year.

I think I was in the 70s last year and got my 4th or 5th choice. But also agree its the best board event of the year. I hung around long before my pick and long past... actually all the way to the bitter end of the whole thing. Just beause it's a fun time.

The raffle is an extra special event for me. December 27, 2010 our house caught fire in the middle of the night, and burned to the ground. All of the raffle donations (and others) were auctioned off in the VVC to help us out. This act of kindness will always be kept in a special place in my heart and soul.

I was in the 90s two different years, actually 110 one year and still got nice items. Watching the raffle live with the live commentary is by far my favorite board moment each year.

I think I was in the 70s last year and got my 4th or 5th choice. But also agree its the best board event of the year. I hung around long before my pick and long past... actually all the way to the bitter end of the whole thing. Just beause it's a fun time.

The raffle is an extra special event for me. December 27, 2010 our house caught fire in the middle of the night, and burned to the ground. All of the raffle donations (and others) were auctioned off in the VVC to help us out. This act of kindness will always be kept in a special place in my heart and soul.

So scary. I'm glad you and your family were not hurt that night. And at risk to life and limb.....you saved your Superman collection !!

So scary. I'm glad you and your family were not hurt that night. And at risk to life and limb.....you saved your Superman collection !!

Yeah, that was dumb. :P

One of the main reasons I love this forum and comicbook folks in general :applause:

Here is one bonus item that I wish to add to the raffle. This was my Grandmother's book... a linen copy of Cinderella- A Fairy Story

Whitman 1935

Illustrated by Juanita Bennett

kNuTK4s.jpg

Baxmd5Q.jpg

l41kvnF.jpg

I will add one other linen edition with this one (both from the 1930's)

This is definitely a niche prize, but one that has some sentimental value to me.

May as well keep these all together. I am adding:

Little Red Riding Hood #3433 Merrill 1937 by Maginel Wright Barney

3mtibTX.jpg

and

Three Little Kittens #3414 Merrill 1938 by Milo Winter

Yeah, that was dumb. :P

He couldn't save them all, the firemen stopped him.

They were smart;)

Here is one bonus item that I wish to add to the raffle. This was my Grandmother's book... a linen copy of Cinderella- A Fairy Story

Whitman 1935

Illustrated by Juanita Bennett

kNuTK4s.jpg

Baxmd5Q.jpg

l41kvnF.jpg

I will add one other linen edition with this one (both from the 1930's)

This is definitely a niche prize, but one that has some sentimental value to me.

May as well keep these all together. I am adding:

Little Red Riding Hood #3433 Merrill 1937 by Maginel Wright Barney

3mtibTX.jpg

and

Three Little Kittens #3414 Merrill 1938 by Milo Winter

What a kind donation!

Marvel Graphic Novel lot [four skinny MGNs & one magazine]

Marvel Graphic Novel #1 Death of C.M. by Starlin. FVF condition, sixth printing.

Marvel Graphic Novel #3 Dreadstar by Starlin. VF condition, first printing.

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 first New Mutants Above average condition, 3rd Printing; a bit nicer than 7/10.

Marvel Graphic Novel #5 X-Men story inspired the X2 movie (God Loves, Man Kills). Avg. used condition, first ed.

& First appearance Dreadstar in Epic Illustrated #3 in FVF or so.

cwaV6Du.jpg

FFKLY1E.jpg

dQycVLY.jpgllEimmv.jpg

zTIG0Cc.jpg

OR bail on the 4 books/epic, and instead take a CGC 9.0 copy of ASM 252 in new case (I'll take pics on request). Greg B.