• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

GA GL 1 has been dormant and undervalued for years...wonder if the CC copy will change that hm

Well, CC certainly changed a lot of books of late, the AS 3 being the most recent one.

I sure think it's possible. That's a pretty copy.

Indeed. Awesome 5.5 there.

Looks like the answer is a big yes! :applause:

$14.8K for a 5.5 is a strong price for GA GL 1 :o

GA GL 1 has been dormant and undervalued for years...wonder if the CC copy will change that hm

I picked up 2.0 unrestored copy of this book in the June Clink auction for $3,101. Unfortunately since clink doesn't report to gpa that sale would have reflected growth in the lower grades - particularly since there are no reported sales of a 2.0

This CC copy is right on the line at recent gpa with a few hours left. Man, got a be a tough book in this grade.

GA Green Lantern 1 CGC 5.5 just closed for $14,800. That's a decent jump for that book. Love it.

Tec 32 4.5 is at $7,100 :screwy:

A freshly graded 6.5 went for $5,600 2 weeks ago on HA

Someone is in for a world of butthurt !!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=686070

Like I've said before, if you are a consignor with some pre-Robin Detectives to sell, CC is most definitely the auction house to go to, since these books seems to be one of their specialties, along with Action 1's. :gossip:

I was referring to the Conserved copy that Hariri picked up. Collector ... Conserved book ... 92K.

What was the grade condition for the Conserved copy that Hariri had picked up for $92K? ???

It's quite possible that he may have simply overpay for the book in the first place, as a well respected board member here had just opined with regards to another book in this very auction here:

Someone is in for a world of butthurt !!

lol

AC7 > AC23 or AC13 any day, any year.

:)

+1

Without a doubt.......in full agreement with you here. (thumbs u

Seriously !!! What in the F went on with the Tec 32 !?!?

$8,088 !!!!

A couple of bidders who were really mad that they missed last month's Heritage auction?

Well, if this is the case, maybe they should have just waited a couple more days and bid on the 3.5 copy that's coming up on the auction block. Not the same grade as the 4.5, but maybe close enough? (shrug)

Well, CC certainly changed a lot of books of late, the AS 3 being the most recent one.

I sure think it's possible. That's a pretty copy.

Indeed. Awesome 5.5 there.

Looks like the answer is a big yes! :applause:

$14.8K for a 5.5 is a strong price for GA GL 1 :o

You gotta remember that both AS 3 and GL 1 are big time keys and the market has definitely gotten red hot for keys during the past few years.

Any bets that the rest of the non-key All-Stars did not see anywhere near this type of pricing action. hm

That Lasry chap has some sweet books.

You really think so? My impression after my first review of the catalog was that if I was a billionaire, my comic collection would be way better.

He coulda been a contender but, no, he was just another completist.

I think everyone is assuming that the books in the action are ALL the books Marc had (or has).

I would highly doubt this as he has not reached the end of the alphabet yet.

I am also quite sure that he must have more than just GL 1 and Wonder Woman's 1 & 2 since he seems to be such a completist. My only question is whether he has any of the other GA publishers, especially some of the more harder to find 2nd & 3rd tier ones such as Fox, Centaurs, MLJ's, etc? hm

I guess we'll find out when the next CC auction rolls around in 2017.

Wonder Women #1 CGC 9.0 sells for 291 000$!!

Link:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=677327

Guessing Hariri picked that one up.

Is that the ultra rich collector who lives in the Middle East?

yes, the dude with the "Impossible Collection"

Still shocked the 7 barely cracked $40K (conserved or not). The book was beautiful.

I don't think the #2 received enough love either. Even conserved, I expected it to go for more than $25K.

There is more to the price than just the conserved designation. Historically, cleaned covers would eliminate some bidders as well.

This is Action Comics 7 Roy, scarce in any grade and condition. Can one opt to be picky ?

Wonder Women #1 CGC 9.0 sells for 291 000$!!

Link:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=677327

Guessing Hariri picked that one up.

Is that the ultra rich collector who lives in the Middle East?

yes, the dude with the "Impossible Collection"

Great looking book....I guess when you have unlimited funds it's Christmas all year long!!