• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=all+star&issue=3

Smashing current highest GPA (I know it's incomplete data) - final price north of 45K?

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

I missed that. What was the grade on that copy ? (shrug)

-J.

(thumbs u Wow that is strong.

-J.

1st JSA.......It should go for even more than that if there were any sanity in this market..... the historic significance of the book is profound....I wish it was mine :luhv: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Indeed.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=all+star&issue=3

Smashing current highest GPA (I know it's incomplete data) - final price north of 45K?

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

I missed that. What was the grade on that copy ? (shrug)

-J.

(thumbs u Wow that is strong.

-J.

1st JSA.......It should go for even more than that if there were any sanity in this market..... the historic significance of the book is profound....I wish it was mine :luhv: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Indeed.

All-Star 3 is a tremendous book. The cover is pure magic. Wildly under-rated and decent copies don't trade all that often. Of the mainstream Golden Age keys, it's the most under-valued, IMO. Flash Comics 1, even with the bump from the last HA auction, would be #2 from my vantage.

GA GL 1 has been dormant and undervalued for years...wonder if the CC copy will change that hm

Well, CC certainly changed a lot of books of late, the AS 3 being the most recent one.

I sure think it's possible. That's a pretty copy.

The early Actions (7,10,15) went lower than probably expected, except maybe 13

AC7 7.0 Conserved $40,500

AC10 7.0 Restored Mod $17,718

AC13 4.0 Conserved $23,500

AC15 6.5 Conserved $4,611

Lots of possible reasons for these relatively low prices, including any or possibly even all of the following:

3) Collectors are still not willing to pony up the cash for Conserved and in particular, Restored books as these early Actions all went for huge discounts to Guide;

I'll buy this ... unless of course it's Mr Billionaire collector ( who dropped 92K on a Conserved AC2 )

The only exception to this is Action 13 which sold for over condition Guide even though it was Conserved.

Which again contradicts results for the other Action books

+

The "conserved" AC 23 went for more than double guide of an un-restored copy and only about $9k less than the Universal 6.5 that was on Comiclink a few months back.

-J.

I believe the Action 2 went for only $25.2K and not for the $92 you are stating. :gossip:

In my reference to the Conserved AC 13 still being able to fetch over condition, I was comparing it to only the other 3 early Actions (7, 10, & 15) which you had provided prices on.

As Jaydog had mentioned, the Conserved Action 23 was indeed able to fetch more than double condition guide. Most likely due to the fact that this book has been on fire lately, similar to how Action 13 has been on fire for quite a few years now.

It should be pointed out, however, that these 2 books were the only ones out of 18 Conserved or Restored Actions up to issue #25 that managed to sell for more than guide, with the other 16 going for huge discounts to guide. I believe the other 16 books are more indicative of the negative price impact for Conserved and Restored books, as opposed to looking at just the prices achieved on the Conserved copies of Action 13 and Action 23. hm

3) Collectors are still not willing to pony up the cash for Conserved and in particular, Restored books as these early Actions all went for huge discounts to Guide;

I believe the Action 2 went for only $25.2K and not for the $92 you are stating. :gossip:

I was referring to the Conserved copy that Hariri picked up. Collector ... Conserved book ... 92K.

As Jaydog had mentioned, the Conserved Action 23 was indeed able to fetch more than double condition guide. Most likely due to the fact that this book has been on fire lately, similar to how Action 13 has been on fire for quite a few years now.

So AC7 is cold ?

AC7 > AC23 or AC13 any day, any year.

:)

I was referring to the Conserved copy that Hariri picked up. Collector ... Conserved book ... 92K.

So AC7 is cold ?

I agree 100%. In fact I would make the equation 7 > 13+23.

I would take another Action #7any day over either or even both a 13 and 23.

Still shocked the 7 barely cracked $40K (conserved or not). The book was beautiful.

I don't think the #2 received enough love either. Even conserved, I expected it to go for more than $25K.

So AC7 is cold ?

(tsk) Some of us like a little sizzle with their bacon. :sumo::baiting:;)

-J.

GA GL 1 has been dormant and undervalued for years...wonder if the CC copy will change that hm

I picked up 2.0 unrestored copy of this book in the June Clink auction for $3,101. Unfortunately since clink doesn't report to gpa that sale would have reflected growth in the lower grades - particularly since there are no reported sales of a 2.0

This CC copy is right on the line at recent gpa with a few hours left. Man, got a be a tough book in this grade.

That Lasry chap has some sweet books.

You really think so? My impression after my first review of the catalog was that if I was a billionaire, my comic collection would be way better.

You are and it is/was :baiting:

That Lasry chap has some sweet books.

You really think so? My impression after my first review of the catalog was that if I was a billionaire, my comic collection would be way better.

My understanding was that you are a billionaire and your collection is way better. :D