• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=all+star&issue=3

Smashing current highest GPA (I know it's incomplete data) - final price north of 45K?

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

Not sure I agree. ComicConnect had by far the best selection of books of the Big 3 ( if you take away the Mile High Peps )

100% agree, stuff I am seriously watching starts to end tomorrow

Me too ;)

Thank god no "must wins" for me but several I would like

That was where I was at tonight. Had some books I really would have liked to have added to the collection, but nothing I had to have (as everything I was bidding on I already have multiple copies of). Still it was frustrating to be the under bidder on one book I REALLY, REALLY wanted. I was clearly in a back and forth bidding war with another buyer. I was moving around and when I came back to the book and raised my bid (for the umpteenth time), they said I was too late. Oh well, guess I saved myself some money.

Smashing current highest GPA (I know it's incomplete data) - final price north of 45K?

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

That's big-time. Wow.

From the grader's notes, it may be a higher grade on a resub imo.

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

That's big-time. Wow.

From the grader's notes, it may be a higher grade on a resub imo.

What part of the grader's notes makes you think that CGC may have undergraded the book on this particular go round? hm

If so, it would be a costly mistake to the consignor of the book, even though Marc can probably afford it. :mad::censored:

Not sure I agree. ComicConnect had by far the best selection of books of the Big 3 ( if you take away the Mile High Peps )

Me too ;)

That was where I was at tonight. Had some books I really would have liked to have added to the collection, but nothing I had to have (as everything I was bidding on I already have multiple copies of). Still it was frustrating to be the under bidder on one book I REALLY, REALLY wanted. I was clearly in a back and forth bidding war with another buyer. I was moving around and when I came back to the book and raised my bid (for the umpteenth time), they said I was too late. Oh well, guess I saved myself some money.

Which book? It might have been me. :shy:

That AC7 is definitely the looker !

I was VERY surprised that only went for $40,500!

+1

The early Actions (7,10,15) went lower than probably expected, except maybe 13

I forgot to track those tonight. Can someone tell me what they went for?

AC7 7.0 Conserved $40,500

AC10 7.0 Restored Mod $17,718

AC13 4.0 Conserved $23,500

AC15 6.5 Conserved $4,611

Lots of possible reasons for these relatively low prices, including any or possibly even all of the following:

1) Bad time of the year as winter auctions traditionally do not do well and this one is quite close to Christmas when everybody's mind is probably somewhere else;

2) Not enough money to spread around on all of these quality books from all of the auction houses, with the Lasry Collection accounting for over 1,200 lots just by itself;

3) Collectors are still not willing to pony up the cash for Conserved and in particular, Restored books as these early Actions all went for huge discounts to Guide; and

4) There was a fourth reason, but I forgot what it was. doh!

The only exception to this is Action 13 which sold for over condition Guide even though it was Conserved. Price support continues to be very strong for this book as Action 13 is one of the few books that quite often seems to sell for a premium to guide even in Restored condition, as evident by previous sales in the past. (thumbs u

+2

Yes, if it wasn't for the Church run of Pep's, the last Heritage Auction would have been one of their weakest in the recent past. :P

As I have stated here before, it seems that Heritage is starting to focus more and more on comic related Original Art, and shifting away from the actual comic books themselves. :(

+1

Lots of possible reasons for these relatively low prices, including any or possibly even all of the following:

1) Bad time of the year as winter auctions traditionally do not do well and this one is quite close to Christmas when everybody's mind is probably somewhere else;

2) Not enough money to spread around on all of these quality books from all of the auction houses, with the Lasry Collection accounting for over 1,200 lots just by itself;

3) Collectors are still not willing to pony up the cash for Conserved and in particular, Restored books as these early Actions all went for huge discounts to Guide; and

4) There was a fourth reason, but I forgot what it was. doh!

The only exception to this is Action 13 which sold for over condition Guide even though it was Conserved. Price support continues to be very strong for this book as Action 13 is one of the few books that quite often seems to sell for a premium to guide even in Restored condition, as evident by previous sales in the past. (thumbs u

The "conserved" AC 23 went for more than double guide of an un-restored copy and only about $9k less than the Universal 6.5 that was on Comiclink a few months back.

-J.

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

I missed that. What was the grade on that copy ? (shrug)

-J.

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

-J.

(thumbs u Wow that is strong.

-J.

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

-J.

-J.

1st JSA.......It should go for even more than that if there were any sanity in this market..... the historic significance of the book is profound....I wish it was mine :luhv: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

+1

Don't buy this argument. Guys who drop several tens of thousands on a book aren't too concerned about Xmas shopping. This may apply to average folk looking to spend a few hundred or low 4-figures.

CC had the best selection by far. If I were to drop coin, it'd be on CC. Mile High Pep buyer doesn't buy Conserved.

3) Collectors are still not willing to pony up the cash for Conserved and in particular, Restored books as these early Actions all went for huge discounts to Guide;

I'll buy this ... unless of course it's Mr Billionaire collector ( who dropped 92K on a Conserved AC2 )

The only exception to this is Action 13 which sold for over condition Guide even though it was Conserved.

Which again contradicts results for the other Action books

+

The "conserved" AC 23 went for more than double guide of an un-restored copy and only about $9k less than the Universal 6.5 that was on Comiclink a few months back.

-J.

Really nice book.

$69,000 for all-star #3

Sweet Christmas!

-J.

-J.

1st JSA.......It should go for even more than that if there were any sanity in this market..... the historic significance of the book is profound....I wish it was mine :luhv: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just for entertainment purposes I had this link still saved. It was a AS 6.0 slab that sold for $10K about 6 years ago on CC. This book has come a very long way.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=318732

Me too ;)

Which book? It might have been me. :shy:

PM sent.