• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My #1 GA Comic of 2016

218 posts in this topic

Hard to choose, but this one arrived just in the nick of time to close out my 2016. It's not a 27, but it'll keep me plenty warm this Winter, restored and all!

Detective_35_300_ht9_q8_zpsvjwfcfcg.jpg

Gorgeous book! Why is it only a 3.5?

Ankur is so right. How is this book only a 3.5? Looks much nicer.

Hard to choose, but this one arrived just in the nick of time to close out my 2016. It's not a 27, but it'll keep me plenty warm this Winter, restored and all!

Detective_35_300_ht9_q8_zpsvjwfcfcg.jpg

Gorgeous book! Why is it only a 3.5?

Ankur is so right. How is this book only a 3.5? Looks much nicer.

Hi Ankur and kinzebac,

Thanks for the well wishes. That's a good question! I also wondered about this, so got the grading notes:

Right Bottom Interior Large Heavy Multiple Stain

Spine Stress Lines

Whole Book Multiple Crease

Whole Book Wear All Edges

If you look along the lower right edge of the cover, near the red gas tank cylinder, you can see some grayish staining/discoloration on the inner pages. Maybe there's a massive amount of staining? As for the "whole book multiple creases", there are a lot of creases on the cover, though these have been (professionally) pressed out, as far as I can tell, and minimally detract from the quality/appearance of the cover IMO.

But at least based on these slim Grading Notes (for my $10 fee, I kinda wish the Grader could've provided more detail!), it does seem like pretty severe grading...

Hi Ankur and kinzebac,

Thanks for the well wishes. That's a good question! I also wondered about this, so got the grading notes:

Right Bottom Interior Large Heavy Multiple Stain

Spine Stress Lines

Whole Book Multiple Crease

Whole Book Wear All Edges

If you look along the lower right edge of the cover, near the red gas tank cylinder, you can see some grayish staining/discoloration on the inner pages. Maybe there's a massive amount of staining? As for the "whole book multiple creases", there are a lot of creases on the cover, though these have been (professionally) pressed out, as far as I can tell, and minimally detract from the quality/appearance of the cover IMO.

But at least based on these slim Grading Notes (for my $10 fee, I kinda wish the Grader could've provided more detail!), it does seem like pretty severe grading...

Severe grading is right! What a gem of a book.

Well, compared to all the wonderful books posted thus far - with more stunners to follow, I'm sure - I feel like the proverbial shrinking violet, like me and my Sparkler here should just run and hide!!

Got this one at a local antique mall. The seller has an Overstreet, no doubt, but he grades fairly. I don't get to any large comic shows these days, so I was happy to run into this one.

44043216.6a03c6f6.800.jpg?r2

Well, compared to all the wonderful books posted thus far - with more stunners to follow, I'm sure - I feel like the proverbial shrinking violet, like me and my Sparkler here should just run and hide!!

Got this one at a local antique mall. The seller has an Overstreet, no doubt, but he grades fairly. I don't get to any large comic shows these days, so I was happy to run into this one.

That's a great looking book, colors really pop!

Agree, good colors and very nice presentation - love Sparklers

Was hoping to post a different book for 2016, but I guess this will have to do for now.

D2DD71A0-8877-4FA9-8170-659476B76D02_zpspl1y1rim.jpg

Gosh Ben, if this one turns into a disappointment when you get the other book, feel free to kick it over to me. :grin::applause:

Agree, good colors and very nice presentation - love Sparklers
Looks great! Worth a peek at any of the interior pages??

giant%20comics%20edition%2012.jpeg

Oh yeah! What a tough score. Mine is one of my top five in my collection. Best Baker cover ever. Congrats!

Maybe, but is a high school girl waiting by a lamppost for the school bus to arrive all that interesting a subject? hm

I acquired only three books this year. This is the pick of the litter. (Sold the Rockford to get it, so it's technically a downgrade, but it's all about the colors.)

Fight%20Comics%2041%20CGC%207.5_zps7zo6vlgf.jpg

I never realized what unfaded FH covers looked like until you started posting some of your books.