• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John G. Fantucchio pedigree
3 3

284 posts in this topic

Come on now, they just updated the search function.

Unfortunately they made it even harder to find new listings.

Either we're geniuses, or it's not that tough a search to conduct. ;)

The books listed so far are really pretty - great colors and paper. It looks like CGC was tough on a few of them. It's not looking like one of the best SA pedigees, but I'd be happy to own at least a few.

I know people like to rail on the competitions grading but look at the gift grade on the ASM #23. :sick:

But that 1 gift doesn't account for all the others that appear (No back cover so who knows) to be 1, and in some cases 2, grades under. The #2 doesn't look like a 9.0.

Edited by comicquant

The books listed so far are really pretty - great colors and paper. It looks like CGC was tough on a few of them. It's not looking like one of the best SA pedigees, but I'd be happy to own at least a few.

+1

CGC just announced a newly recognized pedigree - John G. Fantucchio. It features nearly every comic published by Marvel and DC Comics from the inception of the Marvel era in the early 1960s through the mid-70s. :o

Just by looking at some of the graded books, the colors look dripping wet! How many other collections are out there that we don't know about???!!

I know of a couple OO similar collections like this.

"It has been over eight years since we've brought out an original owner collection dating back to the early Silver Age of comics with depth like this," stated Josh Nathanson, Founder and CEO of ComicLink.

What was the collection from eight years ago? Anyone remember?

My contact at ComicLink said that he just submitted some JLAs recently but they have just scratched the surface on this collection.

Is your contact saying that if ComicLink hadn't scratched them they would grade higher?

Or is he saying that CGC is the one doing the scratching?

Sounds like either way the books are ruined. :cry:

This is why I hate for anyone other than Bedrock City to get their meat-hooks on these new collections :facepalm:

"It has been over eight years since we've brought out an original owner collection dating back to the early Silver Age of comics with depth like this," stated Josh Nathanson, Founder and CEO of ComicLink.

Twin Cities?

Twin Cities?

Rocky Mt

My contact at ComicLink said that he just submitted some JLAs recently but they have just scratched the surface on this collection.

Is your contact saying that if ComicLink hadn't scratched them they would grade higher?

This is why I hate for anyone other than Bedrock City to get their meat-hooks on these new collections :facepalm:

:o

Twin Cities?

Rocky Mt

Yes. Thank you.

Someone's gonna make a lot of scratch.

Twin Cities?

I think that was 2011 if memory serves and I believe it was handled by Heritage. I think Gary Dalhberg's books were nicer. hm

All High Grade books with strong PQ. The scans look good. Pedigree? Collection? Whatever. Immaculate books, cared for, for 50 years. The history of this generations "heroes and myths". Superheroes are ubiquitous.