• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REVEAL THREAD-2016 HOLIDAY RAFFLE
1 1

132 posts in this topic

Azkaban's mystery box arrived today! :whee:

First, a huge thank you to Dwayne aka Azkaban, you are awesome! :applause:

This is actually just the 1st box with another one on the way. It's crazy even saying that, considering the size of the box and what was inside. :cloud9:

I knew I lucked out when my #1 pick was still available at the 9th selection but he really hit it out of the park. :headbang: Azkaban PM'd right away to ask about my interests and then he tailored the box to fit them. He then sent out a mega package with more than 100 books! :o

As you all are about to see, his generosity and thoughtfulness is off the charts. :foryou: If his mystery box was not on your radar before then I am sure it will be after the reveal. In fact something tells me his may be the very top pick on most lists next year, should he decide to offer it up again...

So as soon as I opened the box I was like

fd70948dcffc9c927ca5e532432c49bb_zps4ljuypsg.jpg

Then as I continued going through each carefully wrapped pile of awesomeness I was like

shocked1_zps2xuver7y.jpg

Ok,so here are some photos. Seriously, that's a huge amount of books...

20170110_195455_zps9ozozxnb.jpg

20170110_200100_zpsenhemtg8.jpg

But wait until you check out some more of what was inside...

20170110_195840_zpspozncv1g.jpg

20170110_195722_zps7mjch13m.jpg

20170110_195706_zpskqnr2alq.jpg

20170110_195624_zpsean5f7ao.jpg

20170110_195556_zps6e7hvodi.jpg

WOW, just wow, right? From Daredevil #4 (1st Purple Man) to Walking Dead #100! Just look at those sweet, sweet, Action Comics! And that Black Panther #1 is just dreamy. :cloud9:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. The list literally goes on and on with over 100 books and somehow more to come! I can't wait to spend some real time going through everything again and again. I look forward to sharing some more as soon as the next box arrives. :grin:

Thanks again to Azkaban! (worship)

You Rock! :headbang:

Mike

you are more than welcome, your next box is on it's way :whee:

Edited by Azkaban

Azkaban's mystery box arrived today! :whee:

First, a huge thank you to Dwayne aka Azkaban, you are awesome! :applause:

This is actually just the 1st box with another one on the way. It's crazy even saying that, considering the size of the box and what was inside. :cloud9:

I knew I lucked out when my #1 pick was still available at the 9th selection but he really hit it out of the park. :headbang: Azkaban PM'd right away to ask about my interests and then he tailored the box to fit them. He then sent out a mega package with more than 100 books! :o

As you all are about to see, his generosity and thoughtfulness is off the charts. :foryou: If his mystery box was not on your radar before then I am sure it will be after the reveal. In fact something tells me his may be the very top pick on most lists next year, should he decide to offer it up again...

So as soon as I opened the box I was like

fd70948dcffc9c927ca5e532432c49bb_zps4ljuypsg.jpg

Then as I continued going through each carefully wrapped pile of awesomeness I was like

shocked1_zps2xuver7y.jpg

Ok,so here are some photos. Seriously, that's a huge amount of books...

20170110_195455_zps9ozozxnb.jpg

20170110_200100_zpsenhemtg8.jpg

But wait until you check out some more of what was inside...

20170110_195840_zpspozncv1g.jpg

20170110_195722_zps7mjch13m.jpg

20170110_195706_zpskqnr2alq.jpg

20170110_195624_zpsean5f7ao.jpg

20170110_195556_zps6e7hvodi.jpg

WOW, just wow, right? From Daredevil #4 (1st Purple Man) to Walking Dead #100! Just look at those sweet, sweet, Action Comics! And that Black Panther #1 is just dreamy. :cloud9:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. The list literally goes on and on with over 100 books and somehow more to come! I can't wait to spend some real time going through everything again and again. I look forward to sharing some more as soon as the next box arrives. :grin:

Thanks again to Azkaban! (worship)

You Rock! :headbang:

Mike

you are more than welcome, your next box is on it's way :whee:

As the lucky recipient last year, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed.

Got my mystery boxes from CAHokie. He gave me lots of choices on different categories to choose from. Great group of items. Four signed art prints. Loving that Wonder Woman.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

A sweet Spiderman slab and some other nice books. Very cool old Superman book and record.

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

:banana:

Glad you like them! I got the prints signed in person. Those are my three favorite artists (J. Scott Campbell, Dawn McTeague and Jamie Tyndall) at least as far as drawing female characters go. lol

I opened my mystery box from wombat this evening - about 3 hours ago - and lost my frickin' marbles. I believe I sent him 5 or 6 PMs as I rifled through books bc it just kept getting more and more insane.

Box theme - Frank Frazetta. And, yes - that is a Creepy #1. And a Vampirella #1. And an Eerie #3 that looks like it was printed yesterday. Really stunning stuff - I'm that fantastic combination of overjoyed and overwhelmed!

Thank you wombat!

2dmb3px.jpg

I opened my mystery box from wombat this evening - about 3 hours ago - and lost my frickin' marbles. I believe I sent him 5 or 6 PMs as I rifled through books bc it just kept getting more and more insane.

Box theme - Frank Frazetta. And, yes - that is a Creepy #1. And a Vampirella #1. And an Eerie #3 that looks like it was printed yesterday. Really stunning stuff - I'm that fantastic combination of overjoyed and overwhelmed!

Thank you wombat!

2dmb3px.jpg

:o Wow - nice batch of mags. That Eerie #3 was a stunner.

Great to see everyone getting their gifts. For me, the 2016 holiday raffle go with a mystery. First time I actually got from a real Santa! I never get to know who sent me this gift. :shy:

Okay finally home from work and opened my box from iceman399, check out these goodies

456873dc-a0af-4ad2-8c27-5ab249937c92_zps7lfdbpgo.jpg

f2c5899c-8557-4501-b625-0b3bb91cb472_zpsifnpku1d.jpg

X-men_zpsqvgvbtdp.jpg

Eric sent this sweet 9.8 Green Arrow and some Iron Man, Avengers, and X-men to help fill out my runs :whee: and a free drink when I make it up north one day (thumbs u thanks Eric, I love them (worship)

Edited by Azkaban