• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:
4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Don't let this guy try to hoodwink you!  The auction of Jon Berk's fabulous collection begins July 1 at 9 pm.   

Don't spill the beans!

:sorry:

12 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Folks who get crushed the first day, will you re-double your efforts or walk away?

In my case, may go full Braveheart...

Almost all of Day 1 will be OA, which I probably won't bid on.  They will still be in the "As" wrt comics.  So, it's really Day 2 that will separate the chipmunks from the hamsters.  

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Almost all of Day 1 will be OA, which I probably won't bid on.  They will still be in the "As" wrt comics.  So, it's really Day 2 that will separate the chipmunks from the hamsters.  

Cool beans !  I'm bidding on some art because the Berks look to be a better alternative than Coolline prices... do have a bad feeling there will be some crazy jumps in the last min/5 seconds....

44 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Cool beans !  I'm bidding on some art because the Berks look to be a better alternative than Coolline prices... do have a bad feeling there will be some crazy jumps in the last min/5 seconds....

Though no need to worry about last second sniping, anyhow. 

3 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
48 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Though no need to worry about last second sniping, anyhow. 

There can be a great many last minutes in a CC auction of a hot book. :)

44 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Amazing Man #22 at $34,5k. I'm no expert but in relation that already hurts :| 

I've been offered 15k for my 4.0 so that's a little strong but about right, I guess 

2 hours ago, SushiX said:
7 hours ago, Pickie said:

Amazing Man #22 at $34,5k $38.5K. I'm no expert but in relation that already hurts :| 

I want it so bad!! Unfortunately I can't afford it...lol

Prices like this definitely confirms that I am from the old school and definitely nowhere near the same league as this generation of big money collectors.

Although this is definitely a great cover, but I simply don't see $38.5K or whatever it will sell for "worth of goodness" in this book here.  Especially when you have a slabbed 9.0 Larson copy and another unslabbed supposedly NM copy out there somewhere.  But to each, there own.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Prices like this definitely confirms that I am from the old school and definitely nowhere near the same league as this generation of big money collectors.

Although this is definitely a great cover, but I simply don't see $38.5K or whatever it will sell for "worth of goodness" in this book here.  Especially when you have a slabbed 9.0 Larson copy and another unslabbed supposedly NM copy out there somewhere.  But to each, there own.  (shrug)

And a boardie owns the mile high copy too

17 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

The past day or so has been carnage in terms of bidding, damn... I am now leading exactly one auction :kidaround:

I'm still "winning" 169 auctions, but the outbid notices are picking up steam.