• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, october said:

A mere 53 items on the watchlist. Hope my wife is cool with a smaller house

But then where are you going to store your winnings? hm

8 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

But then where are you going to store your winnings? hm

With the way this is shaping up I will be able to store a house-value's worth of winnings in a large shoebox. :(

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I wonder how long it will take until we see these books on the secondary market? Or do you think the majority will end up locked up in collections for a long time. I know if I am the high bidder on any they won't be going anywhere.

If there are 'crazy'  prices across the board and no 'bargains ' I'd suspect there will be a lot of flipping. All I know is, if I'm lucky to win even two of the six books I really want, those babies are not going to see the market again for a loooooooong time. 

19 minutes ago, sagii said:

If there are 'crazy'  prices across the board and no 'bargains ' I'd suspect there will be a lot of flipping. All I know is, if I'm lucky to win even two of the six books I really want, those babies are not going to see the market again for a loooooooong time. 

It sure would be sad to see this collection go the way of poor Billy Wright's collection...

53 minutes ago, Supernerd said:

Wow! The listings are absolutely drool-worthy. I have 28 items on my "dream team" watch list. It'll be real interesting to see which gems fall through the cracks :wishluck:

I can't imagine any gems falling through the cracks?

36 minutes ago, sagii said:

there are over 100 centaurs I'd like to win, and will make a menial effort too...then there are 18-20 that I really want to win, and will make a very concerted effort to win...then there are 2 that I will win, regardless, so back off people lol

Is anyone else disappointed in CConnect's scans? They are pretty awful. Having seen some of this stuff in person, they are not doing the items any favors in the color department. 

Yeech. 

13 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

there are over 100 centaurs I'd like to win, and will make a menial effort too...then there are 18-20 that I really want to win, and will make a very concerted effort to win...then there are 2 that I will win, regardless, so back off people lol

lol There are two that are in that category for me too. 

Just now, sagii said:
15 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

lol There are two that are in that category for me too. 

Hope it's the same two books, so the rest of us can sit back and watch the fireworks! :devil:

32 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It sure would be sad to see this collection go the way of poor Billy Wright's collection...

There is a massive amount of Silver and Bronze that I can see getting flipped fairly often but for the GA stuff I would think far less due to the more focused nature of JB's collecting. You may see some of the big books move, btw, did you see the Timelys? The Mystics and Daring Mysteries...OMG

1 hour ago, october said:

With the way this is shaping up I will be able to store a house-value's worth of winnings in a large shoebox. :(

Mrs. tabcom, "What happen to our down payment on a new house?"

Mr. tabcom, "Oh, I bought a couple comics from 'The Jon Berk Collection'."

:fear:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Many of us have Billy Wrights in our collections now. I am super happy with the ones I have. Thank you Billy Wright for not bogarting 'em all for yourself!

Edited by MrBedrock
for

1 hour ago, october said:

Is anyone else disappointed in CConnect's scans? They are pretty awful. Having seen some of this stuff in person, they are not doing the items any favors in the color department. 

Yeech. 

Yes, I cant make head nor tail of the FH scans.