• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hmm. Why sad exactly? Wouldn't the opportunity for multiple people (e.g., boardies) to own a slice of this amazing comic book history outweigh whatever nostalgia there might be keeping the collection together, which is to say, being in the sole possession of one person? I guess it's the Robin Hood in me... (shrug)

I agree with you @Zolnerowich. I want to have my little piece of Church pie too :wishluck:

Also, I am poor right now due to some recent purchases. I think the Robin Hood in you might want to unload some of your signature line to me, right?

Maybe starting with the Science 1 :wink:

On 3/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, Robot Man said:

Seriously, I heard that a large group of the SF copies were burned up in the Oakland fire many years ago.  Supposedly owned by an Aisian collector. Anybody ever hear of this? Could this be where the Nedors went?

It stands to reason that a fair number of pedigree books have been lost to fires by now. I'm still trying to find out which Church books were ruined when the Greg Manning Auctions basement was flooded. I asked Bill Hughes, but he didn't remember.

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I agree with you @Zolnerowich. I want to have my little piece of Church pie too :wishluck:

Also, I am poor right now due to some recent purchases. I think the Robin Hood in you might want to unload some of your signature line to me, right?

Maybe starting with the Science 1 :wink:

Well, under normal circumstances, we might be able to reach a deal on the Science 1, but I don't think the lady on the cover of the Science 2 would be pleased -- she wouldn't have anyone to talk to or complain about how they're always being subjected to science experiments...!

11 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Well, under normal circumstances, we might be able to reach a deal on the Science 1, but I don't think the lady on the cover of the Science 2 would be pleased -- she wouldn't have anyone to talk to or complain about how they're always being subjected to science experiments...!

She could talk to the translucent lady on Weird 2. I think those two need some alone time without the Science 1 lady always stirring things up between them.:idea:

34 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

She could talk to the translucent lady on Weird 2. I think those two need some alone time without the Science 1 lady always stirring things up between them.:idea:

Sadly the Science 1 and Science 2 ladies don't talk to the Weird 2 lady -- they're quite offended that the Weird 2 lady is always showing off her rib cage! ?

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

It stands to reason that a fair number of pedigree books have been lost to fires by now. I'm still trying to find out which Church books were ruined when the Greg Manning Auctions basement was flooded. I asked Bill Hughes, but he didn't remember.

Or, what Fiction House books were stored in Burrell Rowe's hot Texas garage. Or what ones were peed on by John McLaughlin's cats...

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
2 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Or, what Fiction House books were stored in Burrell Rowe's hot Texas garage. Or what ones were peed on by John McLaughlin's cats...

Or what books are sitting lost and forgotten in Robot_Man's boxes. :)

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

Makes sense.  If I were CC (and Berk) I would want to make sure people knew what books were coming up before bidding closes on the Heritage Signature Auction. 

15 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

All the books have a very nice designation on the slab, "From the collection of Jon Berk" :headbang:

Is Berk the first non-celebrity collector to receive that honor?  It seems as if the other "From the collection of" designations have been for entertainment celebrities (Cage and Blades), professionals in the industry (Robinson, Barks, others), or OO collectors (Don&Maggie).

Can't think of another instance of a collector like Berk receiving it, but I may be forgetting someone.