• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Unfortunately, only one of them and it was not the AMF V2#1 which was the one that I was really after.  :mad:

Maybe I should have gone a bit higher on some of those early Air Fighters, but then again, more money for some other Centaurs or minor Fox books that might fall through the cracks in the next few days.  :wishluck:

You won a book?!  :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Your first purchase since 1995? hm

Congrats. (worship)

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Hi all, we are currently investigating the matter, thank you for all your support and enthusiasm. 

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Went past my "limit" but not too crazy of a price in light of the other Planet OA.

Skulls, point-blank phaser blast, blonde woman, splash page, and Lily Renee all add up to awesomeness. :whee: 

pla1.1397a.jpg.48603a6dccb75142f7982feb126e5b9e.jpg

Beauty! :golfclap:

35 minutes ago, HandsomeVanzant said:

Hi all, we are currently investigating the matter, thank you for all your support and enthusiasm. 

If you want a front and back photo of an authentic one, PM me and I can send you a couple photos when I get home tonight.  Or, check with Ted Hake and he can confirm it.

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Here is an example. I'm high bidder, so I didn't want to show it, lol...but what the heck. Someone else will probably outbid me anyway.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=715728

Now, maybe there is a difference between "small" and VERY small, or very minor. I should do a chart, but I'm busy.

There you go. Hope it's yours.

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Went past my "limit" but not too crazy of a price in light of the other Planet OA.

Skulls, point-blank phaser blast, blonde woman, splash page, and Lily Renee all add up to awesomeness. :whee: 

pla1.1397a.jpg.48603a6dccb75142f7982feb126e5b9e.jpg

My favorite OA in the auction, other than Planet 1 cover, of course.  Would one more bid have done it?

Well, looks like the Blue Bolt 105 with the gorgeous si-fi cover is finally getting its well-deserved day in the sun.  :cloud9:

Already at close to $3K in CGC 8.0 condition, with still another 3 minutes to go before the extended bidding possibly takes place. 

Update:  No extended bidding, but still a very strong final price at $2,888 for a CGC 8.0 graded copy.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine