• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I liked it better when you spoke in the third person.

Well, that can certainly be arranged, especially with the backing of a board legend like yourself.

The last time Annihilus tried it here, someone seemed supremely annoyed (deathlok? it's tough to remember). Probably something to do with the newb status, it's hard telling. Maybe they were pissed because CAL had the market cornered on that too?

However, the give-a-shatometer has become less sensitive lately, so it might work out a second time around (shrug) . We could try a 'talk in third person day' here....that's how Annihilus picked up the habit on a different board he trolls.

It's certainly better than talking like a pirate all the time (not to be confused with talking like pirate, the boardie).

Thirdgreenham may try that out, but it may not work that well.... (shrug)

That's the reason I put the "don't take no personally" comment in my last sales thread...

That's the key...don't take no personally and as a seller, don't take lowball offers personally. Good call there, Jim :applause:

Man, if I took lowball offers personally, I would have taken my life years ago. doh!

That's the reason I put the "don't take no personally" comment in my last sales thread...

That's the key...don't take no personally and as a seller, don't take lowball offers personally. Good call there, Jim :applause:

Man, if I took lowball offers personally, I would have taken my life years ago. doh!

About 1 in the morning, I like to send John long-winded, convoluted rants where I complain about my life, job, and anything else I can think of. Then, when he's thoroughly confused, I throw in a lowball offer of around 10% of his asking price and tell him how much I love Paul McCartney or whoever he is listening to that night. :devil:

About 1 in the morning, I like to send John long-winded, convoluted rants where I complain about my life, job, and anything else I can think of. Then, when he's thoroughly confused, I throw in a lowball offer of around 10% of his asking price and tell him how much I love Paul McCartney or whoever he is listening to that night. :devil:

Which works out just perfectly for me since I take his money then lose the books he bought. doh!

If I had a dollar for every lowball offer I've made or I've gotten, I wouldn't need to make lowball offers. BTW, no one is allowed to sell me a book for the next 2 days. ;)

I welcome offers via PM. I may not accept them but you can always try.

The only issue there is if someone PM's me an offer and before I can accept it, someone hits the :takeit: in the thread thereby winning the book. I've had a couple people get upset by this and claim their offer was sent before the bin so they should get the book. Of course, that's not the way it works. Once an offer is accepted by the seller, the book is sold and not before. If I happen to be sleeping or busy for a day or 3 and someone bins the book 30 hours after you sent a PM that I haven't seen yet, sorry, you lose.

Absolutely, and that should be a given that the :takeit: trumps a PM. It's a no-brainer if you send someone a PM and you see that someone hit the I'll Take It before your PM gets answered, you're out of luck (regardless of what your offer was).

A polite 'no thanks' or counteroffer is all I'm looking for.

The truth is is that I'm just a really cheap basterd and love to be reminded of it on a daily basis ;)

I liked it better when you spoke in the third person.

Oh, God damn it. Thanks.

I make Aces look like Rockefeller. :headbang:

:signfunny:

Hey! Come-on... :eek:

:whistle:

I just sent a half book offer for a mid-grade JIM minutes ago... lol

Well, this is kind of embarassing.....But here seemed a good place to post this...

If anyone has received a Phantom Stranger 14 in the mail from me as part of a set of books you bought, can u please let me know. While it makes a nice freebie, the book was bought by another board member and for the life of me I can't find it. So if I accidentally sent it to someone, PM me and we'll see if we can't get it to its rightful owner.

And yes, I'm a dork. ^^

I'm still missing a hi grade ASM #45.

:frustrated:

I just caught another guy quick-posting-then-editing his replies in a For Sale thread, and we really need to get a "Quote the Post with Scan" rule put in.

Otherwise, we're all gonna need to go over to the Dark Side to win any nice books.

I'm not buying there, so it's definitely not sour grapes, just looking over some scans when I saw it happen between refreshes.

I just caught another guy quick-posting-then-editing his replies in a For Sale thread, and we really need to get a "Quote the Post with Scan" rule put in.

Otherwise, we're all gonna need to go over to the Dark Side to win any nice books.

I'm not buying there, so it's definitely not sour grapes, just looking over some scans when I saw it happen between refreshes.

Like to clarify who's been cheating?

hate to sound like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person but how does this work?

hate to sound like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person but how does this work?

Actually, I'm not sure I understand what was going on either. (shrug)

Actually, I'm not sure I understand what was going on either. (shrug)

Consider the source of the whining. :roflmao:

I'm sensing some hostility.

Why aren't you playing WoW?

Don't feel like it. Have a bit of a headache. You?

Going to stay off a little, got bored. That server population is low and takes forever to group for a dungeon run.

Au contraire. Just calling it like it is. Fandago hit the BIN on a bunch of books that october had for sale that no one else was fighting for but Einstein here wants to whine about it. Didn't read anything from october complaining about his sales. :gossip:

Why aren't you playing WoW?

Don't feel like it. Have a bit of a headache. You?

Going to stay off a little, got bored. That server population is low and takes forever to group for a dungeon run.

Come to Blooscalp. Lots of people and a ton of horde to kill.

Au contraire. Just calling it like it is. Fandago hit the BIN on a bunch of books that october had for sale that no one else was fighting for but Einstein here wants to whine about it. Didn't read anything from october complaining about his sales. :gossip:
(thumbs u