• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I actually had a dream that the marketplace was put back overnight. It was only a dream...Man, I need to get a life. :blush:
My dreams are very very different. hm

Seem to be a lot of really good GA books out lately! I like it! :)

I don't really like wading through the GA junk :grin: I think it should be separated . . . :whistle:

Well... it IS being separated--from one collection to another ;)

Well this has been, unequivocally, the slowest start to a sales thread I have ever had. I am listing the same titles, in the same type of grades, at the same prices as I always do with almost no interest.

Unless it turns around at some point in the next couple of days, I am done listing on this board for the next few months until things get a little better...if they ever do. :eek:

Well this has been, unequivocally, the slowest start to a sales thread I have ever had. I am listing the same titles, in the same type of grades, at the same prices as I always do with almost no interest.

Unless it turns around at some point in the next couple of days, I am done listing on this board for the next few months until things get a little better...if they ever do. :eek:

Don't give up.

Foolkiller and Nik don't here till after 5PM and Blue in the 50th state hasn't had lunch yet. lol

Those are the guys that buy those 9.0-9.6 BA DCs. :baiting:

I thought it was kind of slow too. I listed at discounts to FMV and then another 15% off (CGC and raw books) and very little action.

What about the economy?

There seems to be a lot of product out there for sale lately ,especially in the auction channels.

Does someone have access to solid numbers on this?

Are auction sales venues attracting all the desperation sales and vultures and affecting other sales areas lacking auctions like here?

What about the economy?

There seems to be a lot of product out there for sale lately ,especially in the auction channels.

Are auction sales venues attracting all the desperation sales and vultures and affecting other sales areas lacking auctions like here?

I think the real sheit hit the fan around the start of April, and EBay sales in many areas just dropped off to nothing. Sellers are hurting and prices have been dropping, with free shipping being offered by many large sellers, just to get rid of stock.

I was looking for ink cartridges a week ago, and I was surprised at how cheap it was - much lower than when I bought late in 2008 - like 1/2 the cost and free shipping. It's bargain city out there right now.

Don't give up.

Foolkiller and Nik don't here till after 5PM and Blue in the 50th state hasn't had lunch yet. lol

Those are the guys that buy those 9.0-9.6 BA DCs. :baiting:

Yeah , Chris , didn't your recent sale's thread go for several days with zero action , and then you sold out ? (shrug)

What about the economy?

I think the real sheit hit the fan around the start of April, and EBay sales in many areas just dropped off to nothing. Sellers are hurting and prices have been dropping, with free shipping being offered by many large sellers, just to get rid of stock.

I was looking for ink cartridges a week ago, and I was surprised at how cheap it was - much lower than when I bought late in 2008 - like 1/2 the cost and free shipping. It's bargain city out there right now.

For ink cartridges perhaps . . . :grin:

What about the economy?

You should see the crash threads he's been posting to the ink cartridge forums. ;)

What about the economy?

You should see the crash threads he's been posting to the ink cartridge forums. ;)

OMG! :olol

Wow, the doofuses really came out for that one:

Once again, here's the point, which has been confirmed by virtually every major seller on EBay, who I will believe over a pile of funny book nerds:

Don't believe me, then go to the EBay Seller Forums and see if sellers are "posting record-breaking sales". :roflmao:

Wow, the doofuses really came out for that one:

Once again, here's the point, which has been confirmed by virtually every major seller on EBay, who I will believe over a pile of funny book nerds:

Don't believe me, then go to the EBay Seller Forums and see if sellers are "posting record-breaking sales". :roflmao:

Yikes, thin-skinned much? Just having some fun.

I didn't disagree with your premise; I'm sure there are segments of the ebay comic market that are tanking. (Though based on my bidding experiences the last few weeks, GA at least is still doing pretty well, as I have seen some quite aggressive prices on books across the board.)

Also, I believe it's "doofi". :grin: