• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

3)make it easier for potential sellers and buyers (don't have to wade through BA to get to the "good" stuff)

It only makes it easier on the bare handfull of buyers and sellers who are interested in only a single age. For everyone else, that would be a huge headache and would likely stifle sales considerably. I know I wouldn't want to dig through three separate forums to try to chase down threads by the same seller.

I guess I am in the minority then...

3)make it easier for potential sellers and buyers (don't have to wade through BA to get to the "good" stuff)

It only makes it easier on the bare handfull of buyers and sellers who are interested in only a single age. For everyone else, that would be a huge headache and would likely stifle sales considerably. I know I wouldn't want to dig through three separate forums to try to chase down threads by the same seller.

Define "huge headache"?

It's only a couple additional clicks of a mouse. Personally, the griping about splitting threads and the effort it takes to find sell listings is pretty silly from a buying perspective. I much prefer to see the Age of the comic I'm looking for in one spot than have to wade through countless threads to find them. That's more work and time wasted in my opinion...

Jim

Define "huge headache"?

It's only a couple additional clicks of a mouse. Personally, the griping about splitting threads and the effort it takes to find sell listings is pretty silly from a buying perspective. I much prefer to see the Age of the comic I'm looking for in one spot than have to wade through countless threads to find them. That's more work and time wasted in my opinion...

Jim

Try listing four separate sales threads in four separate forums. Believe me, that's going to be a headache.

let me also say, that my niche is STar Trek action figures...so, with the upcoming movie, (though the figures are selling have nothing to do with the new movie) that might have peaked interest in the line as a whole

doh!doh!:tonofbricks:

Nerds are Star Trek crazy right now, and that includes all series, with special emphasis on the original Kirk, Spock, etc. that this prequel is based on.

true, but the figures we are selling are DS9, TNG, etc...have nothing to do, really, with the movie...

in fact, the figures associated with the movie, we have sold, but not particularly well, so while interest as a whole might have been peaked of late, the figures we are selling (in addition to ST, that is our niche, but we sell Stargate, BSG, SW, etc) are all doing better on ebay...

Mego figures are getting crazy $'s too... I was hoping ebay would be "slow" to allow me to pick up some figs cheap, but it is not happening...MIB Aquaman, that could be had last 2 years for $200, went for $317, just as an example... a carded CAptain America (I sold one last year + for $201) just doubled that at $400+

so, I Think collectibles in general, are doing just fine on ebay...at least from my perspective

I have a Thing MIB :baiting:lol

This thread is interesting.

Buyer/seller having a conversation arguing with non buyer/non seller about sales data.

lol

Define "huge headache"?

Jim

Try listing four separate sales threads in four separate forums. Believe me, that's going to be a headache.

Maybe...but I'm looking at it from a buying perspective. And from that perspective, I much prefer splitting the threads. If you want to talk about a headache, that's what the one size fits all model was achieving...

As far as sellers...I guess if you want to make money then you'll have to adapt. Much better than griping about the set-up. There's no money going that route...

Jim

Edited by awe4one

Define "huge headache"?

Jim

me too, but jim, apparently we are in the minority (shrug)

Buyer/seller having a conversation arguing with non buyer/non seller about sales data.

lol

Are you implying I don't buy?

Jim

No, not at all. I was talking about the conversation between JC and Rick.

It's funny.

:roflmao:

lol

Jim

It's funny.

arguing...whoese arguing lol

we are all entitled to an opinion, even if his is wrong :baiting:

lol

Jim

It's funny.

WRONG! :sumo:

Just kiddin'. :baiting:

I want the forums broken up by ages too. It may be a little more work for the seller, but the buyer finds their item that much quicker. I don't understand what is so difficult for a seller to find a :takeit: in different threads. (shrug)

lol

Jim

It's funny.

WRONG! :sumo:

Just kiddin'. :baiting:

I want the forums broken up by ages too. It may be a little more work for the seller, but the buyer finds their item that much quicker. I don't understand what is so difficult for a seller to find a :takeit: in different threads. (shrug)

Problems for sellers = less sellers.

It's great for people who buy and sell only one thing, but it's a pain in the arse for the rest of us.

Here's my 2c

I don't care. There, done.

That's probably the best post in this whole dang argument conversation.

Still not sure what's so difficult about selling though.

An example: many sellers have a sales thread every couple weeks (we'll just use that time frame as an example). So in the past they had 3 sales threads with mixed age items in each thread.

Now, instead of having 3 sales threads (one every two weeks) with mixed age items, why can't they just have 3 sales threads (one every two weeks) and each sales thread will be in the age appropriate forum? It's not really all that complicated. I did it and didn't turn into a gelatinous cube afterwards. It's just a matter of organizing your selling piles in a different way.

IMO, most sellers here that tend to sell across ages generally have the inventory to make a successful sales thread in GA/SA/BA or CA/MOD. If I can do it with the krap that I sell, surely the guys that actually have quality merchandise can pull it off too.

I dunno. There will probably never be a time where everyone is happy with the setup, but I don't mind it as a buyer or a seller. I'm not married to any particular setup though, regardless of how it's organized, I love browsing for books here more than anywhere else, and it's not even a contest.

Problems for sellers = less sellers.

It's great for people who buy and sell only one thing, but it's a pain in the arse for the rest of us.

If they want to make money and have comics to sell, they'll be using the Forum regardless of the format. The cadre of collectors here willing to spend for quality BIN comics on the web is probably unequaled once you get past the major comics auction sites. And I'd suggest it's even more alluring then those at times when you compare prices. That's the beauty of selling here...smart, knowledgeable, and in most cases, market savvy collectors selling directly to other smart, knowledgeable collectors. And if sellers choose to bypass this avenue due to a little extra work on their part (it's far from a pain in the arse to make or follow a couple threads), then it's their loss. There are plenty other sellers to replace them. If there's one thing this Marketplace isn't lacking, it's not lacking in quality material, in multiples.

Jim

Ah, I see he's dragging out the old "JC doesn't own any books, buy any books or collect any books" strawman again, when I've probably bought from virtually every BA seller on here, including hippy-boy here. doh!

JC,let it go man.....

It is blatantly obvious that the marketplace has gone cold,just look at some of the current threads.The numbers are ridiculous,the look-see count has dropped tremendously. :(

Argue all you want fellas,I see what I see....

I, for one, don't think the split is a bad idea. I like not having to dig 3 pages to see everything. If I'm in the mood to browse all 3, then it's just the same as it was before anyway.

But, I do see a distinctly smaller number of watching and buying. :( I just hope sellers won't give up. I don't buy an awful lot, and don't sell much either, but I love to look.... and you never know when I'll pull the trigger. ;)