• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He bought the book from me in person at Tampa Bay Comic Con last weekend.

I had three copies. Two were for sale, one a keeper.

What I'm amazed is that I sold it to him at a discount, and then Bam... Quick flip.

He told me he was a huge Capt fan, so I naturally gave a a deal.

Talk about a fast flip! :facepalm:

Buy here and sell for close to double markup - the same day - same place. :facepalm:

It's not just that, although that is ridiculous. He has 4 posts total.

Two of them are starting sales threads. One of them is in the wrong section. No necessary sales info, just comic and the price. He did find enough time to insult the peanut gallery but can't be bothered to read any rules or fix his thread. He still hasn't fixed his thread.

This is not craigslist.

Look, I'm sure he didn't mean any harm.

He made the noob mistake. I just fell for the "I'm a huge Capt fan, and my wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money..." blah blah story.

Look, I'm sure he didn't mean any harm.

He made the noob mistake. I just fell for the "I'm a huge Capt fan, and my wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money..." blah blah story.

He obviously meant harm if he had to tell you something about his wife to try to coax you into a better price, only to flip it on a website where your very prolific.

Can you expand on that? :)

Jimmy quit smoking the hot sauce

lol

You ended this..

I just fell for the "I'm a huge Capt fan, and my wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money..." blah blah story.

.. with blah blah so I assumed there was more to the story... :sorry:

Caliente! Caliente! Caliente!

On an unrelated topic....

Comments like "Great book. Great Price. Why is this still here? Someone should buy this" don't help sellers sell their books. At least not to me.

Just sayin' (shrug)

And these phrases only seem to used when the book is miscut, miswrapped, poor paper quality, looks burnt, has a dust shadow or SCS. :sumo:

Comments like "Great book. Great Price. Why is this still here? Someone should buy this" don't help sellers sell their books. At least not to me.

Just sayin' (shrug)

always figured it was friends helping friends with a sales thread bump, and some book validation...

Just sayin' (shrug)

always figured it was friends helping friends with a sales thread bump, and some book validation...

Oh it could be just someone liking a cool book? (shrug)

I just passed some love to a ASM 18 in 9.2. (worship)