• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

does that mean he has two strikes?

It means he'll come back to a possible PL nomination... and an excuse for not paying on time.

He should have done the right thing and paid on time to begin with. If you can't settle a $100 tab, you sure as hell don't need to be buying comic books.

well... I was wondering how long i have till I can re-sell the books and not count on him coming back at all?

He has 30 days to pay before he can be nominated. If you sell the books before that 30 day period, I believe he could nominate you for the PL list.

I honestly don't know what happens if he is "on vacation" due to the strike, but I believe the time frame stands.

does that mean he has two strikes?

It means he'll come back to a possible PL nomination... and an excuse for not paying on time.

He should have done the right thing and paid on time to begin with. If you can't settle a $100 tab, you sure as hell don't need to be buying comic books.

Totally agree. It had already been 16+ days from date of purchase to strike.

Because it is hot yahoo on yahoo action. A veritable smorgasbord of dumbassery sheathed in broken promises and broken English.

this is more what i was expecting when i clicked on sean's post in another thread and saw calm and sober advice instead

Edited by paperheart

Because it is hot yahoo on yahoo action. A veritable smorgasbord of dumbassery sheathed in broken promises and broken English.

this is more what i was expecting when i clicked on sean's post in another thread and saw calm and sober advice instead

His account had obviously been hacked.

Order has been restored.

Don't individual sales rules overrule the 30 day rule? Or are we still making this up as we go along?

I do not think so. The 30 day rule is particular to the PL process. Obviously a seller can determine any period of time, even same day, for necessary payment, but my understanding is that does not change the necessity to allow for 30 days to complete a transaction before nomination to the PL.

Presumably if you say "must be paid in 3 days" and the buyer does not, the seller is free to relist and resell the book, but the seller will also thereby give up any right to nominate to the PL. 2c

:facepalm:

where do these people come from?

Hard to say Tim, the IL (Ignoramus Level) is definitely on the rise here.

Today, a fine example listed a claimed CGC 9.6 Avengers 4 in the Marketplace for $35k ... with no picture ("upon request").

I guess he has it listed across the street too, so after 3 pages of funnery the Mods (rightfully) pulled the thread.

Also today, another fine example listed an "ultra high grade" raw Strange Adventures 12 that has been sent to CGC... with no grade and no price (but with pictures of "similar" books, already CGC'd, to blatantly jack up the yet unknown price).

No need to check the box, we know where the Tools are... :facepalm:

I couldnt believe those threads.

Neither could I.

I checked the post history of the fellow (batmanfan13) with the Strange Adventures 12, and he spammed the board prior to his Marketplace listing.

"Maybe no one will notice."

Maybe the '13' in his handle is his age, who knows? (shrug)