• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I may have missed this, but who's money is Uchiha playing with?

Thank you for posting this. I was genuinely curious after all the pm messages, but I could not figure out a diplomatic way to ask it. lol

if I put a takeit in that thread with no intentions of going through with it, will that make you guys drop this topic?
The meaning of your post didn't sink in until I had turned my computer off. It is genius. Then, start a FS thread for 3K more. Use his scans. I think they were borrowed anyway. Good luck and Happy Birthday.

hm I wonder how many :takeit: 's with follow-up drop shipping sales we could get before someone actually sees the book for the first time from the original auction.

Forget drop shipping. If CC is as slow as HA (my winnings from 2 weeks ago still haven't even shipped) you could just sell it around and then contact CC and have them ship it direct...

Thank you for posting this. I was genuinely curious after all the pm messages, but I could not figure out a diplomatic way to ask it. lol

So wait, was that undiplomatic? hm

lol

Forget drop shipping. If CC is as slow as HA (my winnings from 2 weeks ago still haven't even shipped) you could just sell it around and then contact CC and have them ship it direct...

You know what two books I won... I wound up winning something else this past Sunday night through them. I called them up earlier this week to hold the books to combine the shipping. I should see my winnings some time in the new year I think.

Actually, I think that is the very definition of drop shipping --- selling it without ever actually having it in your possession. :shy::baiting:

I think he is offering his services to sell books and look for buyers.

O I thought drop shipping was when you take an unopened package, place it in another box and send it out. What's that called?

Drop shipping is when you (seller) sell something to the buyer but the product is actually located at a distributor/manufacturer/etc location. The seller tells distributor to ship directly to the buyer without ever touching it.

Drop shipping here on the boards is when you (seller) sell someone a book at XXX dollars. Then the buyer immediately sells the book (for higher dollar amount) before he even receives it to another board member and requests the original seller send it directly to the new buyer.

;)

Drop shipping here on the boards is when you (seller) sell someone a book at XXX dollars. Then the buyer immediately sells the book (for higher dollar amount) before he even receives it to another board member and requests the original seller send it directly to the new buyer.

;)

The 'higher dollar' amount is not part of the definition for 'drop shipping', although it is the main motive for it.