• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Andy has good intentions it just sometimes doesn't pan out all that great.

but since we're talking about Andy, who is from Australia, I am going to post one of my top 5 youtube videos. Australia's dirtiest neighbour. - here is what I don't understand, if you tell the police you're going to burn your house down in any rational society, the police are going to arrest you. Not in Australia.

Andy has good intentions it just sometimes doesn't pan out all that great.

Word. And thanks Alex. Are you well?

If I get a strike - so be it.

I had many, many PM's from boardies thanking me for the info.

The sales were not completed. The GPA info was wrong.

I get gsims is mad - but sending multitudes of PM's to me, increasing in venom, defending why he didn't alert GPA, or bother to check the other sales is neither here nor there.

Most of the high $$ sales on ebay for FF #46 are false. End of.

I mean, what are the odds of a Zero feedback buyer hitting up all the overpriced FF #46's in a week? And why would someone 'sell' their book for $1500, and then sell it for 33% off the next week.

Oh, and keep throwing the insults out.

I've been eviscerated by Seanfingh and Comix4fun.

No-one rips chunks better than those two.

Gotham, Aliens and a strike await.

Be back in a week.

:luhv::cloud9: Community - I'm doing my bit :cloud9::luhv:

Excluding the FF 46 thread, the book has sold and all is well, I would like to raise the following as a discussion point/question.

IF you introduce GPA price quotes into your sales thread, why is it threadkrapping to point out any obvious errors in your quotes ?

Feel free to post any of my pms were I defended not alerting gpa and said why I didn't research other sales. Please post a screenshot of them so we know they are not edited.

When I checked gpa the sale I had on ebay wasn't even listed. Check my post I never referenced the sale.

You mention "sales". Please name more than one sale I listed that was shilled. I only referenced two sales and you haven't said anything about the 8.0 sale.

I get it that the 9.0 was apparently shilled. Sorry I didn't do enough research on thata sale, but when people check gpa to list their books or buy how often do you think they go through and research all the sales.

Again, check my original post. I clearly state "the price is strong compared to recent gpa in grade but..." And the only reason I listed gpa sales was to show how I had come up with the price.

I listed the book for 1,500 on ebay. Got screwed by a 0 feedback buyer, listed it here at a lower price, and went down because I was looking to make a quick sale to pay off some recent purchases. Considering ebay fees and paypal fees of 13%, I listed it for about 20% off my ebay listing which was a make it offer listing.

Excluding the FF 46 thread, the book has sold and all is well, I would like to raise the following as a discussion point/question.

IF you introduce GPA price quotes into your sales thread, why is it threadkrapping to point out any obvious errors in your quotes ?

It's threadcrapping when you only list half the facts. If Andy would have said "the sale of the 9.0 looks shilled" that would have been fine. But when he started bringing up that I had relisted my own book after selling it for 1500 on ebay and never mentioned the other sale I listed of how I came up with my price it became threadcrapping.

It's threadcrapping when you only list half the facts. If Andy would have said "the sale of the 9.0 looks shilled" that would have been fine. But when he started bringing up that I had relisted my own book after selling it for 1500 on ebay and never mentioned the other sale I listed of how I came up with my price it became threadcrapping.

Understand, but excluding your specific thread, in general.....

It all depends on how it's done and presented.

Like I said, I wouldn't have had a problem with him stating the 9.0 looks shilled. Or even the 8.0 sale looks legit but the 9.0 looks shilled.

But when someone with a history of three strikes comes in and does that (including a strike for hijacking a thread) you have to start questioning their motive.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7152825&fpart=40

It all depends on how it's done and presented.

Like I said, I wouldn't have had a problem with him stating the 9.0 looks shilled. Or even the 8.0 sale looks legit but the 9.0 looks shilled.

But when someone with a history of three strikes comes in and does that (including a strike for hijacking a thread) you have to start questioning their motive.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7152825&fpart=40

I have no motive.

I got strikes. Everyone knows that.

I've been an azzhat. Everyone also knows that.

What has that to do with quoting shilled GPA prices on a 'pseudo-hot' book?

If I get a strike, fine.

Pouring Krap on me will make no difference - people have already decided if they will deal with me or not.

The issue here is you not reporting a false sale, and quoting a shilled sale.

Pretty much ALL the high $$ sales for FF #46 are fake.

Slam me as much as you want.

The sales of FF #46 in high grade on GPA are totally skewed. You knew this.

That's the issue here.

I have no motive - I don't know you from a bar of soap- except for 1 sale we did.

However, the more you carry-on, the more inclined I am to think I may have inadvertantly stumbled across something.

I assume the board detectives are already hunting the sellers of the false "sales". Be interesting to see what happens.

Facts are:

You quoted false GPA prices

You "sold" a book for $1500 - and 3 days later sold it again for under $1K (I was just told this)

You are trying to deflect your failings onto me. YOU stuffed up. YOU quoted fake GPA info.

YOU didn't check the sales.

I'm not in the wrong here. Maybe I posted in the wrong place (I don't agree) - but I did it for the right reasons.

You can bring my past up, quote threads with my strikes, get your cronies to post stuff.

It doesn't change anything. Anyone who bought this book for the price you asked, and used GPA as support was using false info.

Some of which was yours.

It sounds like Andy was trying to provide potential buyers with all the facts, I don't see the issue (shrug)

I wouldn't like that in one of my sales thread, but I would love it if I was thinking of pulling the trigger in a sales thread.

My practical 2c is never post GPA data. This is not a commentary on GPA. Even if GPA is 100% accurate never post GPA data. Do market research before posting a book, decide on the asking price, post it without commentary on the market.

The moment you make commentary on the market, however innocent and well intentioned, or even well informed, you are inviting criticism and counter commentary. You are opening the door.

I've learned my lesson and won't be quoting gpa in any future sales threads.

It's a hot book and I should have just let that speak for itself. I just didn't want to deal with receiving offers of "well the last sale in 8.0 was..."

I still don't appreciate the way Andy "presented all the facts" when it was really half the facts. But I do see an error in not researching gpa quotes. It's something I've never done, and honestly I pay for the service because I feel that I shouldn't have to research those things when I'm paying for the service, but I see the flaw in their system and will be more careful with it in the future.

That said I won't comment on it any longer.

I personally don't mind someone quoting GPA sales data for slabbed books. I like to see the date of the last sale and 12 month average for similar grades. But only if selling slabbed books and not raw. I would use current OSPG for raw.

On slabbed books, since I have GPA, I tend to look it up anyway and will even if the seller quotes it.

These should be used as a guide and the buyer should be mindful of the market and do their own research regardless before buying though.

I would get more riled if the seller didn't disclose something about the condition or even history of a book (deslabbed, once PGX, returned for some reason, etc.) if it is me.

All just my 2c

Isn't that the same clown that tried to manipulate FF 52 prices a year ago?

Correct.

Highly ironic that Beige, of all people, should be taking any issues with a seller "manipulating" GPA results. :eyeroll:

Isn't that the same clown that tried to manipulate FF 52 prices a year ago?

Correct.

Highly ironic that Beige, of all people, should be taking any issues with a seller "manipulating" GPA results. :eyeroll:

Yup. Thank god he's here to protect us from "marketplace shenanigans" now. :facepalm:

It sounds like Andy was trying to provide potential buyers with all the facts, I don't see the issue (shrug)

I wouldn't like that in one of my sales thread, but I would love it if I was thinking of pulling the trigger in a sales thread.

GPA manipulation is a serious issue in the sales forum. We are all lucky that someone with such extensive knowledge and experience with the topic was there to spot it.

If not for this particular crucible's warning... the teapot might not ever realize its true obsidian nature.

meh