• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

lol

There is a bias to new members. Always has been. Silly to deny it.

Of course there is, they have no history...however to keep the tone of this thread consistent I will come to the conclusion that your ulterior motive when posting this is to portray yourself as a champion of n00b equality only to lure those most likely to pay high prices into your evil den of comic flippery.

:acclaim:

Edited by bababooey

That's not right.

No one 'stuck up' for Hustruck. Several people disagreed with the HOS nomination, but no one wanted him off the PL.

True,

No one stuck up for him. What some of the folks did was look for some clarification of how someone would be placed in the HOS, perhaps with an eyes towards their own past and potential future behavior and with a concerted yearning to discover the limits of the forum's good graces should they find themselves on the wrong side of them. lol

:facepalm:

Ridiculous, the whole guilty judgement based on people speaking up for clarification of process etc.. is a ploy to silence those with opposing views.

What you should consider is that those who do speak up are likely doing so because they feel their actions are beyond reproach.

You may have a point as it relates to thread readers who might read these things & seek out cracks in the PL/HOS armor but at least readers taking the time to learn the rules are hopefully less likely to break those rules. Trying to pin the scarlet letter to those people who speak up? Not a chance, total BS.

When I see people flip flop on an issue based on who is involved is far worse because I see their opinions as malleable & based on personal bias.

Not any more ridiculous than someone reading that post and thinking it was about them when it wasn't. I am not trying to silence anyone and certainly not trying to impute ill motive on anyone who has not already demonstrated ill motive in the past.

I didn't say it was the ONLY reason that someone would question the process, but you'd have to be a fool to not think that there were some people probing the parameters of the HOS discussion while keeping a very close eye for potential cracks in their own glass houses.

You'll notice the word "SOME" in the original post. That would indicate "NOT ALL". lol

That should be fairly obvious. hm

For the final 20 pages I seemed the only one left representing the nays. I am curious who was seen as testing the waters for shenanigans.

20 pages is about 10% of the Hustruck convo....

For the final 20 pages I seemed the only one left representing the nays. I am curious who was seen as testing the waters for shenanigans.

I'm still a nay.

I'm just too busy scheming to discuss anything at the moment.

I'm still a nay.

I'm just too busy scheming to discuss anything at the moment.

lol

My current plan of never selling anything isn't making me any money lol

Hado's plan is ingenious. He starts off by being a generous member of the boards. At first he will offer good advice, and then later hand out some generous gifts or donations. Then....one day he comes a calling. At first it is a small favor that you will gladly complete, and then they gradually increase ... until he owns you.

We should just put him in the Hall now and get it over with. :sumo:

Hey guys, not too much response to my legitimate question. I would like to ask again, for future reference..... If a seller quotes GPA or adds pricing comments is challenging/asking questions/pointing out errors/etc okay = not thread krapping ??? So, no attacking the book itself just challenging the pricing comments. OK ?

Hey guys, not too much response to my legitimate question. I would like to ask again, for future reference..... If a seller quotes GPA or adds pricing comments is challenging/asking questions/pointing out errors/etc okay = not thread krapping ??? So, no attacking the book itself just challenging the pricing comments. OK ?

We've tried this before. We've had sellers conflate, distort, misstate, and cite in error GPA results and those who have challenged them have been chastised by mods for posting within the thread.

I suppose it depends on how the question was worded. If you say, simply asked a seller about the GPA results instead of challenged them outright you may be alright, but it's hard to tell.

The safest route seems to be to PM the seller with questions/concerns/corrections and giving them a chance to correct their error. If they fail, the discussion thread is not an unreasonable place to air the concerns in detail.

My current plan of never selling anything isn't making me any money lol

Hado's plan is ingenious. He starts off by being a generous member of the boards. At first he will offer good advice, and then later hand out some generous gifts or donations. Then....one day he comes a calling. At first it is a small favor that you will gladly complete, and then they gradually increase ... until he owns you.

We should just put him in the Hall now and get it over with. :sumo:

:ohnoez:

We've tried this before. We've had sellers conflate, distort, misstate, and cite in error GPA results and those who have challenged them have been chastised by mods for posting within the thread.

I suppose it depends on how the question was worded. If you say, simply asked a seller about the GPA results instead of challenged them outright you may be alright, but it's hard to tell.

The safest route seems to be to PM the seller with questions/concerns/corrections and giving them a chance to correct their error. If they fail, the discussion thread is not an unreasonable place to air the concerns in detail.

What about if they want full GPA in this free selling arena? Why can't they split the savings with the buyer? And if they want full GPA and don't want to share their savings on a listing/final value fee or consignment fee, why can't they throw in free shipping, at least? And if they do all that and still won't take Paypal because it will cost them 3%, can we just hobble them like Annie Wilkes in Misery??