• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hey guys, not too much response to my legitimate question. I would like to ask again, for future reference..... If a seller quotes GPA or adds pricing comments is challenging/asking questions/pointing out errors/etc okay = not thread krapping ??? So, no attacking the book itself just challenging the pricing comments. OK ?

We've tried this before. We've had sellers conflate, distort, misstate, and cite in error GPA results and those who have challenged them have been chastised by mods for posting within the thread.

I suppose it depends on how the question was worded. If you say, simply asked a seller about the GPA results instead of challenged them outright you may be alright, but it's hard to tell.

The safest route seems to be to PM the seller with questions/concerns/corrections and giving them a chance to correct their error. If they fail, the discussion thread is not an unreasonable place to air the concerns in detail.

What about if they want full GPA in this free selling arena? Why can't they split the savings with the buyer? And if they want full GPA and don't want to share their savings on a listing/final value fee or consignment fee, why can't they throw in free shipping, at least? And if they do all that and still won't take Paypal because it will cost them 3%, can we just hobble them like Annie Wilkes in Misery??

As long as you don't hobble them in the thread I don't see a problem.

I think the difference is if it's directed at someone.

Like:

Spoon

Vs.

You're a Spoon

+1

I think the difference is if it's directed at someone.

Like:

Spoon

Vs.

You're a Spoon

+1

I guess that makes sense.

I will change my ways.

I did call someone a name I guess I shouldn't have.

(thanks you two for replying :) )

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

Sales threads are not a discussion thread. Unless you're buying then it is threadkrapping.

+1

Seems like all this guy does is post :popcorn: in several sales threads. There was also another thread where he was carrying out a conversation. I haven't seen any seller object to this guy yet so I guess it's not a problem

I thought I noticed that as well. Its usually either a popcorn, thumbs up, cloud nine or nice book comment. Everyone does that every now and again on a book they really love or one of those threads that we know is about to have awesome books posted but not all the time, every post. Weird... What did he say when you pm'd him?

Hey guys, not too much response to my legitimate question. I would like to ask again, for future reference..... If a seller quotes GPA or adds pricing comments is challenging/asking questions/pointing out errors/etc okay = not thread krapping ??? So, no attacking the book itself just challenging the pricing comments. OK ?

it falls under threadkrapping technically... if I see some GPA misquotes I just PM the seller...

Sales threads are not a discussion thread. Unless you're buying then it is threadkrapping.

+1

Seems like all this guy does is post :popcorn: in several sales threads. There was also another thread where he was carrying out a conversation. I haven't seen any seller object to this guy yet so I guess it's not a problem

Look at his Ebay listings. ID is the same (worship)(worship) The dudes doing something. Might just be coming out of his shell? 2c

We've tried this before. We've had sellers conflate, distort, misstate, and cite in error GPA results and those who have challenged them have been chastised by mods for posting within the thread.

I suppose it depends on how the question was worded. If you say, simply asked a seller about the GPA results instead of challenged them outright you may be alright, but it's hard to tell.

The safest route seems to be to PM the seller with questions/concerns/corrections and giving them a chance to correct their error. If they fail, the discussion thread is not an unreasonable place to air the concerns in detail.

:hi: Hey Chris, good to see you posting again. Regarding starting a separate discussion thread, I was once chastised by the seller for doing that. At a high level, I thought the spirit of the Boards is fair play and we have each other's backs. When a seller is quoting like a con artist it's difficult to not comment. It's really getting bad around here. Not only with the newbies but many established members. It's rarely about the books anymore, just making money. :preach:

Edited by bomber-bob

Forgive me, but when did popcorn become a no no in a sales thread? What did I miss?

:hi: Hey Chris, good to see you posting again. Regarding starting a separate discussion thread, I was once chastised by the seller for doing that. At a high level, I thought the spirit of the Boards is fair play and we have each other's backs. When a seller is quoting like a con artist it's difficult to not comment. It's really getting bad around here. Not only with the newbies but many established members. It's rarely about the books anymore, just making money. :preach:

Time to stop buying/selling here. :gossip:

Maybe, that's one way of looking at it. However I still like the Boards and have high hopes it can retain some integrity.

lol

There is a bias to new members. Always has been. Silly to deny it.

Of course there is, they have no history...however to keep the tone of this thread consistent I will come to the conclusion that your ulterior motive when posting this is to portray yourself as a champion of n00b equality only to lure those most likely to pay high prices into your den of comic flippery.

:acclaim:

^^

lol

So, after some time members earn the right to shenanigans. Few are willing to admit that.

It's true.

For example, I get to steal any and all 9.8 copies of Batman between #400 and 442 that I want, and no one can say anything.

You should see what the class of '02 gets away with...

;)

+1

Look at his Ebay listings. ID is the same (worship)(worship) The dudes doing something. Might just be coming out of his shell? 2c

WOW - talk about a great collection of books.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/chezmtghut/m.html