• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I truly don't get why people can't just offer their stuff in a lot at an attractive price. I would much rather know what I'm getting than gamble on the mystery.

For the same reason some folks would rather buy 10 scratch-offs than a mutual fund.

I tried to invest $10 into a mutual fund. My investment banker laughed at me, flipped me the bird and took off in his Bentley.

I truly don't get why people can't just offer their stuff in a lot at an attractive price. I would much rather know what I'm getting than gamble on the mystery.

For the same reason some folks would rather buy 10 scratch-offs than a mutual fund.

Well, I’ve never bought scratch-offs but I think Jason has always abided by the rules, and the biggest aim in his sales is to both get rid of inventory while offering more attractive books per each box and have fun. So far all his customers have been happy, as most are new collectors that get a chance to read and discover new titles. :)

Well, I’ve never bought scratch-offs but I think Jason has always abided by the rules, and the biggest aim in his sales is to both get rid of inventory while offering more attractive books per each box and have fun. So far all his customers have been happy, as most are new collectors that get a chance to read and discover new titles. :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

I haven't purchased a box from you, but been there when one was opened and I don't think there was any issue with how you did it. Here is the price, here is the general idea of what you get in it.

Other MB sellers like the one that is clearly hinting that you have a chance at spending $50 to get a NM98 etc is exactly that. A chance at a prize worth a fair amount more than the cost of entry. Some of the other boxes could likely get shafted based on everything listed. That one is clearly a raffle.

I tried to invest $10 into a mutual fund. My investment banker laughed at me, flipped me the bird and took off in his Bentley.

lol

A good scratch off will run $25-$30. I'm not anti-mystery box. Im not anti-scratch off. Im commenting on the mindset behind the purchase. Some peeps like the gamble. Personally, I like to know what Im getting for my money but Im just one guy.

If someone wants to spend $500 on a box of the unknown no one is holding a gun to their head. I don't make the rules here though.

A good scratch off will run $25-$30. I'm not anti-mystery box. Im not anti-scratch off. Im commenting on the mindset behind the purchase. Some peeps like the gamble. Personally, I like to know what Im getting for my money but Im just one guy.

If someone wants to spend $500 on a box of the unknown no one is holding a gun to their head. I don't make the rules here though.

I myself I don’t like the idea of "gambling" – I would not buy a mystery box unless I know there is a book I really want in it, but I like the idea of a "mysterious part", as I know I have enjoyed getting free books with some of my purchases.

So yes, I do agree with your conclusion. :)

Mystery Boxes........ if the seller delivers the merchandise and the buyer has no complaint then there should be no issue with the rest of us. We're entrusted with self policing, not self legislation. Some of the boardies are more Alpha than others and are probably more inclined toward policy implementation than the rest...... but that isn't really what's encouraged here. Personally I have no interest in a Mystery Box ...... there's already enough mystery for me in a specific listing. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A question:

Hypothetically, I'm selling New 52 Aquaman 1-30, the #1 is a second print, average grade is 9.6-9.8. The selling rules say you need a grade and scan for books. Since none of these are high value books, is it a no no to say an average grade for the lot and scans available upon request?

Or do I have to scan and grade individual

Thanks

A question:

Hypothetically, I'm selling New 52 Aquaman 1-30, the #1 is a second print, average grade is 9.6-9.8. The selling rules say you need a grade and scan for books. Since none of these are high value books, is it a no no to say an average grade for the lot and scans available upon request?

Thanks

The bolded part is fine. It's done all the time here. Maybe include a group shot.

A question:

Thanks

See Rule 7 - Scan OR information ... So, I would say No you do not have to scan AND grade.

Mystery Boxes........ if the seller delivers the merchandise and the buyer has no complaint then there should be no issue with the rest of us. We're entrusted with self policing, not self legislation. Some of the boardies are more Alpha than others and are probably more inclined toward policy implementation than the rest...... but that isn't really what's encouraged here. Personally I have no interest in a Mystery Box ...... there's already enough mystery for me in a specific listing. GOD BLESS...

Are you talking about my books? :baiting:

Are you talking about my books? :baiting:

Of course he does! :baiting: