• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

There is a book for sale now that the OP says is pressed. I would like to know who, as why are the edges curled if the book was pressed?

You've gotta be talking about the GSX 1. If that books been pressed, it was done so very poorly, regardless of who did it.

My first post assumed the press job looks great.

If the press job looks crappy, questioning who performed the press in the thread is threadkrapping.

(the above should not be taken as indicative of my opinion of the quality of work done to any books currently being sold)

Edited by InvstmntComcSuply

is it fair to ask in a thread who pressed a book? I would think that is something people would like to know.

Is it fair to answer "Your mama?"

gysew.jpg

lol

Why stop at presser identification? How about asking how many times that book has crossed the world in a box after being manhandled by postal workers and subjected to extreme temperatures?

What about cosmic radiation damage and its unknown effect on page quality and ink adhesion? Should we ask for a spreadsheet showing all known shipments identified by airline and cruising altitude?

You guys are killing me.

lol

Why stop at presser identification? How about asking how many times that book has crossed the world in a box after being manhandled by postal workers and subjected to extreme temperatures?

What about cosmic radiation damage and its unknown effect on page quality and ink adhesion? Should we ask for a spreadsheet showing all known shipments identified by airline and cruising altitude?

You guys are killing me.

Should people have to tell you what they paid, or where they bought it? Should they disclose storage conditions, or whether its ever been in the bathroom?

Try to keep up.

There is a book for sale now that the OP says is pressed. I would like to know who, as why are the edges curled if the book was pressed?

You've gotta be talking about the GSX 1. If that books been pressed, it was done so very poorly, regardless of who did it.

If the press job looks crappy, questioning who performed the press in the thread is threadkrapping.

(the above should not be taken as indicative of my opinion of the quality of work done to any books currently being sold)

At the end of the day, if the seller openly states that the book has been pressed, he/she should be expected to answer a question as to who did the press job.

If they say "assume all books are pressed" that may or may not open the door for the question.

If a graded book is being sold and it's disclosed that it was pressed, it shouldn't matter. The grade is the grade and any judgment should be done by the prospective buyer (not the seller's responsibility to disclose the history).

If it's raw, then questions should be answered in the thread (not threadkrapping IMO).

lol

You guys are killing me.

Should people have to tell you what they paid, or where they bought it? Should they disclose storage conditions, or whether its ever been in the bathroom?

Try to keep up.

Except for the poop part...mine was funnier.

At the end of the day, if the seller openly states that the book has been pressed, he/she should be expected to answer a question as to who did the press job.

If it's raw, then questions should be answered in the thread (not threadkrapping IMO).

What exactly is the purpose for asking "Who did such a crappy press job on your book" in the thread; or even "who did the press" when it is clearly poor work?

Maybe it's time for little CVA type stickers to be placed on books letting everyone know who the book has pressed by. "This book has been pressed by ________"

If it is a reliable and reputable presser then the books would benefit from this labeling. I'm surprised some of the big name pressers haven't thought of this already... :idea:

Maybe it's time for little CVA type stickers to be placed on books letting everyone know who the book has pressed by. "This book has been pressed by ________"

If it is a reliable and reputable presser then the books would benefit from this labeling. I'm surprised some of the big name pressers haven't thought of this already... :idea:

not sure how this would be done since most pressers (who are in the business of pressing) don't get the books back AFTER the slabbing, and most people don't want extra stickers on their slabs.

What exactly is the purpose for asking "Who did such a crappy press job on your book" in the thread; or even "who did the press" when it is clearly poor work?

The purpose: the more information the better the decision that can be made

Its simple

It's threadkrapping because it only invites discussion in the sales thread.

For the cheap seats.......SEND A PM

If the above is the defintion of threadkrapping, then it is a lot more rampant than I thought. What about all the Nice book, GLWTS, :hi: , :popcorn: and all the other krap people post. I've seen sales threads with 3 or 4 pages of nonsense chatter. Trust me sellers, that stuff doesn't help your thread.

is it fair to ask in a thread who pressed a book? I would think that is something people would like to know.

My vote is yes!

+1

Very fair question to ask a seller.

What if it was a book I pressed? Would CGC be OK with that type of round about advertising if the OP said it was me?

lol

You guys are killing me.

Try to keep up.

You are not in the same league as Sean on this one. Not only were your remarks redundant in nature, they were not very creative. 'Was the book in the bathroom' vs 'Cosmic radiation' , no comparison. Try it again..... :baiting:

lol

You guys are killing me.

Try to keep up.

You are not in the same league as Sean on this one. Not only were your remarks redundant in nature, they were not very creative. 'Was the book in the bathroom' vs 'Cosmic radiation' , no comparison. Try it again..... :baiting:

GSABOD. :baiting:

My vote is yes!

+1

What if it was a book I pressed? Would CGC be OK with that type of round about advertising if the OP said it was me?

Realizing your comment is tongue in cheek, it did make me realize the source of the press should be limited to PM. Joey, I would assume you personally do not have any problems with a seller identifying you as the presser ? For the record, I would feel safe if you were the presser.

My vote is yes!

+1

Realizing your comment is tongue in cheek, it did make me realize the source of the press should be limited to PM. Joey, I would assume you personally do not have any problems with a seller identifying you as the presser ? For the record, I would feel safe if you were the presser.

I appreciate that Bob, but you can see where this will start to encroach on CGC's policy of competitors not being able to advertise here on the boards.

My vote is yes!

+1

What if it was a book I pressed?

Then I would feel much better about the book. ;)

How would you react to this question in one of your selling threads?

Which pressers do the best spine re-alignment face jobs? Did you use them for this book?

A while back there was a sales thread on the Boards for an extremely unique, esoteric book in a CGC slab I was interested in. The seller mentioned he had submitted the book to CGC after getting it pressed by ????? (Not Joey or Matt) . I remembered seeing a raw copy that sold on the Boards and easily found it. Anyway, after comparing the raw and slabbed pics, it was obvious the book had a spine realignment. Anyway, that is one presser (again NOT Joey or Matt) I would stay away from.

BTW, I kept my mouth shut about it, both publicly and privately, until now I guess.

A while back there was a sales thread on the Boards for an extremely unique, esoteric book in a CGC slab I was interested in. The seller mentioned he had submitted the book to CGC after getting it pressed by ????? (Not Joey or Matt) . I remembered seeing a raw copy that sold on the Boards and easily found it. Anyway, after comparing the raw and slabbed pics, it was obvious the book had a spine realignment. Anyway, that is one presser (again NOT Joey or Matt) I would stay away from.

BTW, I kept my mouth shut about it, both publicly and privately, until now I guess.

41F54JJEYCL._SY300_.jpg ?