• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Carnival barking is annoying but the seller will eventually learn that it doesn't help and actually hurts a sales thread. I don't see a need to regulate it, people will just look down on the seller and move along.

I agree with this. However, I will continue to express my disdain for the hard core pimps, pump and dumpers, and barkers

And I would defend your right to an opinion as much as I would the right for someone else to express theirs.

You understand civil liberties well for a Canadian.

I don't love a lot of rules, I agree that people need to be careful, I say that all the time. I wonder about some of those posts, though. Maybe someone could start remedial grading classes and make a fortune;)

People complain about eBay all the time, overall, I've always found similarities. When I spent a lot of time on eBay we had a chatboard where bad sellers were pointed out. Same thing happens here, there are just more sellers on eBay, so the proportions are bigger.

There are similarities. This thread is a valuable resource for shared information and the discussions that place here are not always used as a tarring and feathering exercise.

As good sellers move out of here and others move in, I feel like I'm watching the quality gap between the two shrink.

I can't be the only one, can I? (shrug)

Carnival barking is annoying but the seller will eventually learn that it doesn't help and actually hurts a sales thread. I don't see a need to regulate it, people will just look down on the seller and move along.

I agree with this. However, I will continue to express my disdain for the hard core pimps, pump and dumpers, and barkers

And I would defend your right to an opinion as much as I would the right for someone else to express theirs.

You understand civil liberties well for a Canadian.

Haven't you heard? I'm just crazy. ;)

I don't consider auto contrarians crazy.

Hey y'all :hi:

Sorry if my sales thread created any heated discussions but guess I am glad in a round about way to help contribute to improving the sales threads and this community.

P.S. I tried to alter my thread so all subjective comments were removed.

No way was my pricing reflective if someone had a grade bump from a press or clean. I try to price my books lower than feebay in similar current grades.

all the best

~T~

Hey y'all :hi:

Sorry if my sales thread created any heated discussions but guess I am glad in a round about way to help contribute to improving the sales threads and this community.

P.S. I tried to alter my thread so all subjective comments were removed.

No way was my pricing reflective if someone had a grade bump from a press or clean. I try to price my books lower than feebay in similar current grades.

all the best

~T~

:applause:

That's class!

Again, thanks for being so receptive to the critiques here and in PM's.

When he first posted the thread I thought it was weird how the prices were under the slab but directly above and in line with the description of the next listing. Logically you can tell what price goes with what, but it's still a mess.

If I'm in the wrong I'll gladly delete my comments, but the first read through of this thread, the prices were all on top. I did re-read it with the $500 asm in mind and it makes sense that way, but there's no way that the prices are clear in anyway.

No the thread is a mess layout wise. Hopefully he will learn to make sales thread more clear in the future. At least the pictures no longer require a 90 inch screen to fit them on.

I'm sure someone will try and bully the seller into a sale. Obvious messy thread and if the sales section has the high standards other want then there should be a chance for the seller to fix it.
Yeah, nobody is going to bully him into accepting the $35 price.

The seller should be given a pass. He needs to make his threads more clear in the future.