• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

is it fair to ask in a thread who pressed a book? I would think that is something people would like to know.

My vote is yes!

is it fair to ask in a thread who pressed a book? I would think that is something people would like to know.

I am very interested in knowing who pressed a book. Previously, I have only asked in a PM but I would think it's a fair question to ask. BTW, sometimes I am refused the answer, that's a trade secret type of response. Explain to me why this information should be kept secret ?

Should people have to tell you what they paid, or where they bought it? Should they disclose storage conditions, or whether its ever been in the bathroom?

Why does this question bother you so much ? It doesn't seem to be in the same category as the other questions you reference. IMO, the question of who pressed the book is in the same category as a question about the condition of the book. Is a buyer not supposed to ask about the condition of the book ?

Should people have to tell you what they paid, or where they bought it? Should they disclose storage conditions, or whether its ever been in the bathroom?

Why does this question bother you so much ? It doesn't seem to be in the same category as the other questions you reference. IMO, the question of who pressed the book is in the same category as a question about the condition of the book. Is a buyer not supposed to ask about the condition of the book ?

Why does my glib response bother you so much? What are your answers to my questions? Where does the inquest end?

I'd never ask, what matters to me is IF it was pressed, but if a seller got their back up I'd spend my money elsewhere.

In today's marketplace you almost have to assume the book was pressed. However, if you don't ask, how are you supposed to know ?

Asking whether a book was pressed is fine. The question is how far down the rabbit hole the interrogation is going to go.

Interrogation lol. It's a buyers right to ask questions before a purchase. The seller doesn't have to answer any questions they don't want, and in return the buyer doesn't have to buy. There should be no problem answering any and all questions as a seller though

Why does my glib response bother you so much? What are your answers to my questions? Where does the inquest end?

First off, by definition, I don't think the term inquest can be applied to anything related to a comic book sale. Nobody is on trial. If a seller is offering a book for sale, I think some questions should be expected, even welcomed. I think the question being asked here is does the question of who pressed the book constitute a threadkrap. It appears most everyone who replied, except for one, thinks it is okay. Any other opinions ?

First off, by definition, I don't think the term inquest can be applied to anything related to a comic book sale. Nobody is on trial. If a seller is offering a book for sale, I think some questions should be expected, even welcomed. I think the question being asked here is does the question of who pressed the book constitute a threadkrap. It appears most everyone who replied, except for one, thinks it is okay. Any other opinions ?

I'll simply parrot what was said earlier - it's ok ... in a PM.