• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If you read the seller's first post, it does sound ominously like a presale -- selling a collection he doesn't have in hand yet. Quite a few potential pitfalls there. Hopefully it's just a minor communication thing and they can stay on track, but we'll see...

But couldn't the guy just put the buyer's mind at ease by responding? He just received $7,500 from the buyer. He now has both the books (if he does have them) AND the money. Have a little empathy for the buyer's position, who has nothing except the buyer's word until the books are in hand, and send him a "sorry for the delay. Here's what is going on..." reply.

Hi

It was me who bought them and yeah a message at least would be nice. I mean to me it is a load of money which I don't normally spend. I checked his kudos out before I bought and he had some good feedback from some people I have dealt with etc and most feedback was from him selling. I paid via paypal business so I am covered but still

Yeah; this is another sale way over the head of a bottom feeder like me but two things I noticed in the thread

1) He says not shipping until June 1

2) not having the books in hand is , by forum standards, considered dubious.

Another interest free loan via the boards... lol

Good luck to the buyer , I know how let down I would feel if the deal does not go through.

I am going back in my cage now. :hi:

:popcorn:

If you read the seller's first post, it does sound ominously like a presale -- selling a collection he doesn't have in hand yet. Quite a few potential pitfalls there. Hopefully it's just a minor communication thing and they can stay on track, but we'll see...

Agreed - and a simple note saying hello and here's an update goes a long way...

Also with the not having them in hand thing doesn't bother me. I mean unless you live by them and can check they have them in their possession how would you know anyway. If anything when someone puts that I feel they are more honest. Yeah you can ask them to write something down on some paper and put it in the pic (date etc) but I'm betting most don't on here every time they see a pic of a comic they like.

Like a lot of you have said just a btw haven't received them yet or 'whatever' would be nice. After 8 days with no response I am left wondering

Just to check I am covered with paypal aren't I. My money is safe? Like I say this is a lot to me

That's alot for anybody! He should at least ease your mind,and respond to you.

Thanks for that. Well seems I am safe from that. Sure it won't even come to that. Just wanted to get the opinions on people on here as I haven't been on here long and still getting a feel for the board.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Thanks for that. Well seems I am safe from that. Sure it won't even come to that. Just wanted to get the opinions on people on here as I haven't been on here long and still getting a feel for the board.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I don't think any reasonable seller would let your messages go unread/unresponded to after a $75 transaction, much less a $7,500 one!

Unless the seller encountered an improbable and comical series of pitfalls in the last week then there is no reason to disappear with cash in hand.

I don't give out inadvertent interest-free loans to strangers. If I was the buyer I'd seriously be considering taking steps to retract the purchase through Paypal.

so let me get this straight. seller sells books he does not have in hand yet? he can't wait a few more days to sell them and personally look the books over and inspect them?

buyer takes them, and now there is dead silence on a $7500.00 dollar deal? hope this works out.